Closed to new replies
January 12, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 9

Burmese python hunt in Florida!

:iconturkevulture:
TurkEvulture Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013
[link] So people are now hunting this invasive species in Florida, I was wondering when it would start. But do you think it's actually going to make a dent in the burmese python population?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconorangekrissy:
OrangeKrissy Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013
Why don't you just let the alligators and pythons duke it out and let them dispatch each other. You could put some fake graffiti where they hang out, like: "Gators make great boots and shoes.", or put a "My Family" pic of an alligator's family consisting of a hand bag, a pair of boots, a belt, or wallet. In the snake stomping grounds, or slither grounds really, put graffiti saying "You damn snakes in the grass caused this whole mess with Adam and Eve. Good job slither butt!" or "You forked tooth nimrods are lower than a snake's ass in a wagon rut!" Then let the war begin.
:iconcelestialsheep:
CelestialSheep Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Are you kidding I would love this. I love snakeskin wallets. I really do. But they're so expensive. THIS SOLVES TWO PROBLEMS!
:iconterminallybored:
terminallybored Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
o whacking day, o whacking day~:music:
our hallowed snake skull cracking day~:music:
we'll break their backs, gouge out their eyes, their evil hearts, we'll pulverise~:music:
o whacking day, o whacking day~:music:
may god bestow his grace on thee~:music:
:iconjade-abarai-kat:
Jade-Abarai-Kat Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
if they believe hard enough and dig deep enough im sure they won't do squat.
:iconkasimere:
Kasimere Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Student Filmographer
It's not my country, I am not interested.
:iconebolabearvomit:
EbolaBearVomit Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013
Not a chance.

The Everglades and surrounding areas have so many unreachable places, so many spots to lay eggs, and an abundance of food, the pythons will require a decade or more of consistent hunting to maybe achieve the goal.
:iconprosaix:
prosaix Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013
Who wants a handbag?
:iconshininginthedarkness:
You know, other people bitch a lot when their fandoms get bad press, and it doesn't even involve the thing they like getting shot to death.

Anyway, it's a bad situation and I hope it works. But the everglades is a big, swampy place, and species have a way of hanging on there (see Florida panther). Also keep in mind that burms can lay dozens of eggs and the babies are only about 2' long as hatchlings.

But I think they can make a dent. Better a burm hunt than a rattlesnake roundup.
:iconkatara-alchemist:
Katara-Alchemist Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Student General Artist
Of course it will make a dent. Just look at any species that gets hunted without restrictions.
Add a Comment: