Important life lessons everyone needs to learn

My ILL: Self-confidence isn't all it's cracked up to be.
Everyone knows that self-confident people can't take criticism, are aggressive towards people and flout authority at every opportunity. Bullies, chavs, assholes, abusive people in general, they all have self-confidence. So don't tell me that self-confidence is a good thing, because it's not; it's the worst thing a person can have, I've always said this.
That's why women always end up in abusive relationships, because they want guys with self-confidence (and that's because of Ignorant Lesbians International always demonizing "nice guys").
If you think being self-confident is the meaning of life, then go on, do it. But expect to lose all your friends because you're such an insufferable dick, because that's exactly what self-confidence does to you; it makes you a selfish snob who thinks he's better than everybody else and that the world revolves around him (and don't tell me this isn't true, because you come across people like that every day).

---

Now that that one's settled...
Do you have an important life lesson that everybody needs to learn? Share here.
Comments63
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Don't be afraid to be a little childish once in a while. Only children are afraid of people thinking of them as childish.
Pressed "Add Comment" too soon, but now I forgot where I was going with that. Oh well; I guess it says enough by itself...
There are many things I have learnt in my 20 years on this earth.

1. Everyone is going to screw you over.
2. Things happen for a reason, and if they don't, it just isn't meant to be and something better is waiting.
3. Karma is a bitch.
4. If you are waiting for something to happen, you'll be waiting a long time.
5. It's the choices that make us who we are.
6. Never let your heart rule your head if you can help it, unless they agree.
7. Never plan life out. Thing's will happen when they're ready.
truely self confident people are not what you describe, bullies and arogant people are proble the least self confedent people.
That said the most important lesson people need is to learn the difference between what they need and what they want.
My ILL: never stop thinking, re-thinking, reviewing and learning.

So when you possess a completely flawed idea or logic, you have the self-criticism and awareness to review and alter it.
:iconsuspiciousplz: What was described above doesn't sound like self confidence.
Being self-confident doesn't make you an arrogant arsehole. You dingus.
Well, since enough people have lectured you on the confidence thing already, I'll just add my own answers and hope others do the same since I think it will generate some interesting responses :blahblah:

Not quite a lesson, but I think everyone should be made to do a "crap job" at least once, preferably a few times throughout their life. Even if it's just one or two weeks every 5-10 years, just to help people retain at least some respect for typically undesirable jobs that are much more important than people think. Maybe people would care more about not-littering if they had to clean up trash other people carelessly dumped on the ground for a week. Maybe people eating out at restaurants will be a little more patient and understanding about why their order is taking so long when they're slaving in a hot kitchen trying to feed 200 people every hour. In fact I would say this is especially necessary with people in elite jobs who lost touch with the common working man. So easy for them to have a smug grin complementing their clean suit in the company CEO photo when they get paid four times as much as their employees who spend all day cleaning floors, carting heavy crap around or copping abuse from whiny customers just so they can in 15 years time fully pay off their house.
Have you seen people who think they're too good to do crap jobs, but still have to do them? They just get smugger and more self-superior :stare:

This might work for some people, but there are others on whom lessons in humility will just be completely lost.
I think that smugness and superiority is made worse by the fact they are pissed off they have to do it though ;p

It's fair enough if its justified. If they have an amazing talent or skill that they could be profiting off with a nicer job but never got the chance to do so and so they have to work at McDonald's, you can understand why they would be pissed off. Many people are forced to work in jobs below their skill and capabilities because it's the only window open (after job - jobs aren't just about what you can do, it's about even getting a chance to prove it). I'm not saying they have to enjoy doing such jobs, but at least have some respect for those who do. How long would people last if fast food restaurants stopped serving customers, or if cleaners stopped scrubbing other people's piss and shit off public toilet seats :ohnoes:
HAH! That's the troll! I believe that it's the same one. :lol:
I don't believe it, I KNOW it. :B
It's uncanny, isn't it? :lol:

Fucking idiot.
He says he wasn't bullied. But he must have suffered from some kind of emotional trauma to believe this shit.

Either that, or he's a troll with too much free time in his hands. :stare:
Too much free time, for sure. See, he's got time to make a new account :D
If I'm not wrong, this is his third or fourth account. His past one was !i-was-so-blind, according to my informants.
View all replies
Don't listen to assholes.
You sound butthurt. That what you're describing isn't self-confidence, it's the lack of it and trying to fix insecurities.
Seriously, next time you should inform yourself better than jumping into wild conclusions. Because right now, you look like an idiot.

Sources: Life, Other people
That what you're describing isn't self-confidence, it's the lack of it and trying to fix insecurities. I coudn't agree more.
Self-confidence isn't as bad as you make it out to be.
Would be perfectly accurate if we replace "self-confident" with "insecure." Genuinely self-confident (read: secure) people never lash out. Why would they? They're not threatened by anything because they're comfortably secure. You're making the same mistake as the women who end up in abusive relationships, confusing aggression with confidence. Blaming lesbians is just bad on your part; so-called nice guys don't need anyone to demonize them, they're doing a fantastic job of earning that all by themselves. People want to date people who are secure for the same reason they want a house instead of a studio, it's a good long term investment that means you can live comfortably enjoying the greater benefits.

So, my life lesson for you? What you say about others in just a few words says volumes about you.
That :devvilsyndicatemember: will try to have sex with you, no matter what gender or the fact you may have been dead for quite some time.