Natural drugs.

Howdy people, :wave: Whats your favorite natural high or highs? Do you know any obscure ones and whats the weirdest way you have ever tricked your body into producing an all natural high. Do you even know what I'm talking about?

Examples of such happy states are sex, love, music, food and exercise which are the most obvious ones of course. Others include jumping out of planes if ya got the ball sack for it or even training yourself in the art of lucid dreaming and create your own little virtual reality world. Hot chillis can also make you feel damn good (by tricking the brain into thinking your in pain which in turn hits you with an endorphin rush). And that's just to name a few.

What say you?
Comments53
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
when you're home alone and reading a really good fanfiction and you can read the dialogue of your favorite character out loud and no one's there to judge you. feels so good.

and fapping. fapping is nice too.
Lucid dreaming is kinda tied to this, but interacting with my Tulpa is my answer.

I'll explain should you need the explanation.
Music can get me high all the time. x)
Anything new and not a bloody routine.
I think I'll just go with the ones you refer to as the most obvious (with shopping added before exercise).
Fishing, drawing, boxing (I see getting into a hell of a fight a poor substitute of sex, though, lol), mountain hiking (adrenaline rush when you are on a peak)
When I can't seem to wake up in the morning I drive on roads with less traffic that I can go a bit fast while blaring 90's pop music such as:
Aqua,
Toy Box,
The Boomtang Boys,
Venga Boys
Eiffel 65,
Basshunter,
Ace of Base,
DJ Sammy,
Cascada,
Dragoste
And all the other greats!
How could I forget about driving fast, Thats like one of the most obvious highs, doh. I be listening to some classical music though and on narrow country roads so its more of a rush.
The other day I was feeling really low, so, I got an energy drink, after it, I still was thirsty, so I said, fuck the heart attacks and warnings, I'll get another one :nod:

All of the sudden my depression was gone :omg: I was happy almost all day long for not particular reason. :nod:

I also have managed to achieve a similar effect by taking a day time extra strong flu pill with an energy drink :nod:

However, this things can potentially kill you if you have a weak heart :dead:

I don't give a shit about my life, so whatever :gallery:
Are you low on vitamins? Energy drinks have a lot of B vitamins and other essentials and so do many flu pills and a caffeine
content no higher than a strong cup of tea (well red bull anyway). Maybe your body is tryna tell ya something man.
That explains the voices in my head :ninja:

It is my body trying to tell me something :nod:

Redrum, Redrum, Redrum :stab:
Music, weightlifting, spicy food, meditation, sunbathing, hiking, foolishness, flirting, sex, art... (No wonder I'm such a happy guy).
And would people watching horror/suspense movies count because of the adrenalin rush that accompanies the strong emotion?
Never really felt anything else other than sadness or happiness from a movie, felt scared at age 7 watching the exorcist though but no movie comes close to providing an fear laced adrenalin rush, eh, at the most a little uncomfortable. If you know of any particularly scary movie, do tell.
Well cutting gives a natural high because it gives you an endorphin rush.

In my on case, I am consistently partaking of these three things:

Skin Picking: dermatillomania
Skin Biting: dermatophagia
Nail Biting: onychophagia

All supposedly give you numerous small releases of endorphins
Try some chilli's man! Way more painful and WAY more endorphins! Search "trinidad scorpian chilli" on youtube and see for yourself, Altough I would recommend starting with a birds eye or at the very most a scotch bonnet to begin with!
Although I am a fan of spicy food and do it chili peppers, I have never heard of this technique, but I have to say that the body saying that you are in pain does actually put you in a lot of pain. I have a high pain tolerance, but find that simply poking myself with a toothpick has better results than slicing myself up with a razor.
Really, you can get buzzed from endorphins so much easier that poking or slicing yourself. Don't do that shit! Go to your cupboard and grab a tea spoon of ceyanne pepper or chilli pepper, stick it in some yogurt! Eat and enjoy that endorphin rush. Or go buy a particularly hot chilli (As I said, Birds eye or scotch bonnet) de seed them if you want your first time and eat it whole, make sure to swollow before the 15 second mark and enjoy the burn, sweat and the following rush of happy chemicals!

Stop cutting yourself! Thats just a way to get attention, You arn't gaining anything from mutilating yourself. I've been cut badly in accident and I'm fucked if I felt anything else than pain.
I'm not some emo dude covered in scars, I just poke or scratch myself sometimes, usually when I need the rush to help me concentrate on schoolwork or something.
Running. The feeling you have after finishing a 4+ mile run is amazing.
What, when your lying in bed stiff as a board screaming in agony. Or maybe that's just me... :D I get ya though, exercise can make you feel amazing although I favour indoor resistance training over cardio because I have trouble putting on weight.
Didn't think lucid dreaming had to be learned I have done it all my life. As to natural high Ti chi and meditaion do it for me. I think it is the breath controll.
Well, Most people need to practice a shit load! Took me 4 months my my first induced lucid dream and after laying off the practice they stop fairly quickly, like 2 maybe three weeks. I do have random lucid dreams but I could count them on both hands, tbh.

Meditation is fantastic, Sometimes it almost feels opiate like for me. I want to try the heavy breathing exercise thing (can't remember the actual name) , Sounds like a great way to getting buzzed.
I have heard that lucid dreaming was some thing that was difficult, I didn't even know I could do it till I was told about lucid dreaming. I thought the ability to control a dream was normal. I donot control all my dreams face it sometimes they are fun. I can stop a nightmare in it's track by telling myself to change the channel. I will also tell myself what parts of a dream are important to remember. Like I said I didn't know that there was anything special about lucid dreaming.
Any kind of breathing exercises can get you buzzed it is a great way to handle stress. I am always telling people to breath, I normally get a wierd look but some people will do it.