Closed to new replies
January 11, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 52

GCSE Art Exam?..

:iconfaiirth:
faiirth Jan 11, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
So, it's coming around again. Yes. I receive my GCSE Art paper next week at school.e
I was just interested in how many people here have taken this or are coming up to take it, like I am?

Any tips? Support? Proceeds into insanity?

Let me know.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconblood-marked-wolf:
Blood-Marked-Wolf Feb 17, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
It's not that bad, I had a C when I had my exam almost 2 years ago.

I don't know what the exam boards do now, but at the time, WJEC had a section where we had to draw Celtic art, which was a nightmare as everything had to be perfect for it. I messed it up big time as I didn't like to draw that style of art so I never gave it my full potential. No one enjoys doing something that they're forced to do.

Just make sure the section you've chosen to do you're confident in and enjoy doing, and you'll be fine.
faiirth Feb 18, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Yeah, it's actually not that bad now. We just get a title to work with and some basic outlines for example, I have chosen art and words. The only restrictions we had were that you must work around a quote/lyric/story, and that you had to link artists. So it's not so bad; certainly not as bad as Celtic art - sounds like a nightmare.
Blood-Marked-Wolf Feb 18, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
It was, especially when we had to do stained glass afterwards - let just say that got messy lol. It's good to know that they've changed it somewhat since I left :) Good luck with that, I would've loved to do that!
faiirth Mar 4, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Thank you - started it today, it's going great :)
Blood-Marked-Wolf Mar 5, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
That's good, hope it all goes well for you!:)
:iconjds-photo:
JDS-photo Feb 17, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
It's not that bad... Although I had an E when I did it 3 years ago... (Yeah, I was kinda forced into taking art because of the stupid interfering deputy head at my school... _*)

I don't know if your exam board does it, but my exam (which was through WJEC) had a section where you didn't even have to draw. I was originally going to do that (since I'm just rubbish at art and being creative), but I changed my mind at the last minute and messed up big time.
*cringe* I even accidentally ruined another students work because the equipment my school used to store artwork sprung up when I lifted the shelfs up very slightly to show a friend my 'work'.

Just make sure you choose a section that you feel your confident with and can work well with, don't do what I did, and you should be fine.
faiirth Feb 18, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
A section with no drawing? That's just plain weird.
JDS-photo Feb 18, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
I didn't get it myself. If I can recall it correctly, for the section, you had to do research on a certain amount of art websites, and then evaluate the website/art during the exam etc.
faiirth Mar 4, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Hm, odd. We (luckily) didn't have to do anything like that. Artists studies were all, and linking the final piece to one of them.
JDS-photo Mar 5, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Hm, WJEC must have a different exam layout then (or it's changed).
Anyway, good luck with the exam and the studies. I hope everything goes well for you :)
Add a Comment: