What made you join dA and… what made you stay?

It’s a commonly asked question, I know, but sometimes I wonder…

What drove you to join this vast art community?

My reason was simple. I joined because I wanted to have the ability to comment on works. Easy as pie.
However, what made me stay on dA is a completely different story.

What made you stay and continue contributing to dA?

Well, I started producing art. Art first, I tried to be popular… (Oh sush! I’m sure we all tried at one time or another). Well...I soon realized being popular on dA wasn’t really possible, at least for one like me, so I set another goal for myself. I started producing things that I thought were missing in dA. Think I’m exaggerating? Never! I started drawing fan art of one of my favorite computer game characters. You’d be surprised how few drawings of Tomi Undergallows there are on this website! (If you guys haven’t played the original Neverwinter Nights …just never mind). ^^;
The point is, I feel as though I have purpose! I filled the void! I am a representative for Tomi Undergallows fans everywhere! (Yes, all 3 of us) Even if it’s a very very very small role.

So yes… What about you guys?
What made you join dA and… what made you stay?
:granny:
Comments360
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Friends and awesome art. :love:
What got me to stick around was all the awesome art I always got to see. Though I was absent on here for several months, when i got the chance I would check it out every now and then.

I was never a artistic person when it came to pen and paper. Something I always wanted to get into as a hobby was photography. So when I finally was able to get me a decent camera this past year, I finally was able to start posting my own stuff.

Also unlike other sites, DA has a great community. There maybe people who give people a hard time here and there but that is on any site you go on.
True that, there will always be trolls, but at least dA is better than some places. I shudder at the thought of YouTubers...
Lol. I have taken videos but never posted any videos on there. I know what you mean though.
Why I joined
I liked drawing and stuff and my friend told me I should join
Also I was on DA a lot before that - I loved playing dress up games

Why I stayed?
I became addicted, loved recieving feedback from other artists and I loved viewing other peoples art.
I enjoy the dress up games as well. They are quite the spark to the imagination.
I was on Facebook, and only had about 50 friends at that time; none of them were ever on late at night so I Googled "social networking sites" and this one popped up as a place for artists. Cool! I stay because the way my art looks here and the people I have met. Even though I am on other sites now, when someone asks to see my art, I give them the DA link, because it is the easiest to use. ♥
It is a very comfortable way to share art with relatives and friends. I've used it quite often just for that reason.
I came because my friend wouldn't stop pestering me about it.
I stayed because the community is awesome! There are so many amazing people on here, and I've made a number of awesome friends through art :aww:
Besides, I love art
I love art too, and yes, it is a very nice website.
:damphyr: :bulletpink: I dunno, I have a lot of reasons why. Potential on my work and help get improvement and references.

Overall, I'm just here to have fun and join yall :D
I originally joined to easier network with friends, but over time they gradually left the site. The forums are admittedly the reason why I've stayed this long.
The forums are pretty fun yes.
Came for the TES IV: Oblivion fan art, stayed for Complaints.
A friend of mine give me the link to dA website. I joined just for the lulz.
What made me to stay? The chatrooms, my friends and some good art. :nod: :la: