Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
January 9, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 25

Why do people say you can't use their work as a referance?

:iconexoticjackal:
ExoticJackal Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist
They DO realize that you can't copyright a pose, right? :confused:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconscyoni:
Scyoni Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Most likely because of people who trace, or do what I like to call "obsessively referencing" which is just copying without tracing and saying it's original.
:icondrachenmagier:
drachenmagier Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I would say it's more because they had put a lot of time and effort into their work. :) And it can be frustrating when you see some badly traced works, which are based on something you did. Though I always thought of it as a compliment when people wanted to use my works as reference of any kind. So... can't say I get them 100%, when they are against it. d:
:icondrachenmagier:
drachenmagier Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Oh, wow, I need to go to bed.
My grammar skills decided to kill themselves 20 minutes ago. And now they are rotting.
:iconthewerewolfpuppy:
TheWerewolfPuppy Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I think they think it sound professional? :lol:
:iconsaxeh:
saxeh Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
'Uncopyrightable' is the loooongest word in English that doesn't repeat any letter :iconisaydanceplz:
ExoticJackal Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist
:iconthemoreyouknowplz:
:iconjphyper:
Jphyper Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
I've heard of someone in New Zealand who tried to get a patent for the wheel. That thing was invented more than 10,000 years ago. I think it's safe to say the deadline has passed.

Those people may not be as paranoid as you think. You'd be surprised what some people would steal.
:iconnosugarjustanger:
nosugarjustanger Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
Fuck it, I'ma copyright orgasm. Each time you come, I get paid a royalty. If you don't wanna pay, you just don't have to come while you're having sex.

:evillaugh:
o____________o But but but but
SEX! D:
:nana:
:iconprincess-amy:
Princess-Amy Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
I think i'll run off and copywrite letters and breathing, that way if anyone dares to type, talk or make any noise similar to a letter, or breathe i get paid :D
DO EET!
lol
:iconcup-of-javo:
Cup-of-Javo Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
My favourites are the ones who are like, "(C) Me 2012. Do not edit, copy, repost, or distribute without my explicit written permission"...and their art 99% of the time is complete shit. :lol: Like anyone would want to copy a wonky-ass MS Paint doodle.

But seriously, most of the people on here are tards who don't understand copyright. They think that their half-assed Photoshopped animu bois are going to land them big in Japan so they are paranoid about people ~STEALING THEIR ORIGINAL IDEAS~ while at the same time failing to see their own incompetence. People who scream about "U COPIED MY POSE" are off their rocker--like they have anything original worthwhile to share to the world. :roll:
Fuck your username xD I want coffee now.
:iconxxevilblondiexx:
xxEvilBlondiexx Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I'm going to copyright "sitting down". From now on, anyone who draws someone sitting down owes me money. In fact, anyone who sits down owes me money. Pay up, bitches!

Actually, they probably just don't want you like copying every aspect of the drawing or something. :shrug:
I realized that now. xD It's funny to imagine someone trying to copyright a pose though.
:iconawesomeizzy:
awesomeizzy Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I don't know. I'm perfectly happy with people using my photographs etc. as references, so long as they credit me. :dummy:
:iconbenjamin-biddix:
Benjamin-Biddix Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
The reason is always the most obvious reason: They think they can make millions off of one drawing. :iconmingplz:
(Also reason #2 could be paranoia)
Reason #3   They think someone actually wants to rip off their crappy n00by pseudoart
:lol:
:iconbenjamin-biddix:
Benjamin-Biddix Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
:thumbsup:
:iconhametsunocharge:
HametsuNoCharge Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
OF COURSE YOU CAN!!!!!! You can copyright ANYTHING!

(in all seriousness it probably means they don't want you visually tracing :D .)
ExoticJackal Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist
IMA GO COPYRIGHT STICKS! Then everyone has to pay me every time they draw sticks. :stare: I'll make millions.
:iconhametsunocharge:
HametsuNoCharge Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
GO FOR IT!!!!! (most of the shit people copyright/patent get thought because no one ever had the genius idea to actually file a copyright for something that trivial before APPLE!!!)
Add a Comment: