Life changing experiences

Have you ever had a life changing experience? Something that brought everything into perspective and made you who you are right now?
Comments154
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
id say when i had changed high schools, from a charter to a public. the charter had a different grading system for the transcripts and thus i had to work and take more classes in two school years at the public school to pass on time(usually its 5-6 periods but i took 8 periods for both years).
i'd day i earned more responsibility and a bunch of new knowledge.
Glad you were able to work through all that :)
Probably my bigger ones are my parents divorcing and moving to where I live now.
Little ones would just be like going to high school etc
The only thing I can think of is when I beat a bully when I was in sixth grade. He didn't know I was taking Hapkido at the time.
Thank you. Thank you very much.
Nothing huge has ever really happened to me, but I fell down a hill once.
Yeah, it hurt a lot more than it sounds and it made more careful and worried about hills .~.
Wow, that must hurt
It was traumatizing, haha
I really could have thought of something better than that...
I guess....when I found out I was aromantic.. O_o
and the time when I moved to the big city... "uuuuuh? wat is dis?"
"its called a computer"
*touches the mouse* "OH MY GOD"
Wow, how did were you able to tell you were aromantic?
wow loong comment coming through here~

well its a long process...so it doesnt just...happen. but its more when I came to the final conclusion, really.
I do not fall romantically in love with people.
its really hard to explain.
but have you ever been in love? the romatic kind of love is when you feel the ned to be with that person spend time with them and hold their hand. kiss them. you get butterflies in you tummy, you get warm and fuzzy inside?

when first someone comfessed to me a few years back I didn't know what to say. cause I really liked that person and wanted to spend time with them. and I though oh im probably in love then. cause i wanted to hold their hand and kiss cause i think its exciting. but all those...feelings that defines a romantic love/crush was never there. like. I can do that with anyone. I dont feel bonded to that person and given that "rule" that when you are with this person. you cant go and kiss everybody else.

I felt like this was just still my friend..but the only difference is that we hold hands and kiss and all that. I felt like the only difference between what we were and then at that time was...simply two friends doing sexual stuff together. and I do not have any problems with that to be hontest.
ever since I have never felt those feelings. it doesnt matter who im with...that doesnt mean I cant hold a relationship. it just simply means I do not get romantically attracted to people.
I can still love them...but that will be more in a "friendly" way.
its the same as being asexual. just instead of not having a sexual attraction to anyone, i do not have a romantic attraction to anyone...

well I hope this helped ^^'
I guess you have not never met the special someone Then again, as long as you are happy, that is the most important thing :)
yeah that is what everybody says
"oh you just haven't met that special someone yet" very common phrase. and excuse as well.
do you say this to asexuals too? its not a very good idea...many will most likely get very upset u__u its like telling a transsexual its just a phrase. and trust me...it leaves alone this..this horrible feeling of not being understood.

but then again yeah I feel more comfy and closer to myself after I came to that conclusion. also I feel so happy and I feel much more free to know that I don't have to have a boy/grilfriend and follow all those unwritten rules to be able to be in the same kind of relationship, to be able to cuddle and kiss somebody ect ^^
I am sorry if you found what I said offensive The reason I said what I said was because you are not assexual I suppose being free from the fear of not being married or finding the right partner is liberating
mhm it is hard to find a partner if you are asexual...pretty much have to find someone who's asexual as yourself...but I don't like being in relationships with someone who actually do fall in love romantically..or takes it very seriously...I'm afraid I might hurt them because i do not feel the "exact" same way...but that doesnt mean I would care less for them anyway. just many people takes this very serious and I dont want to hurt anyone's feelings..

and btw no it wasn't really offensive, to me. I am very used to people telling me that and what do I know..it might be true what you say :) but it doesn't matter. what matters is the present. the future has yet to exist~
but very many people, however, will get upset by it...I've learned that the hard way..
View all replies
I saw the work of David Finch and it made me want to make my work more detailed. :dance:
This is excellent that you aregetting inspired from well known artists and improving your work. Best of luck mate. :)
^_^ Thanks. You too. :iconcloverplz: