Closed to new replies
January 9, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 153

Life changing experiences

:iconwizardofunseen:
WizardOfUnseen Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Have you ever had a life changing experience? Something that brought everything into perspective and made you who you are right now?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconnaoko-nano:
Naoko-Nano Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
id say when i had changed high schools, from a charter to a public. the charter had a different grading system for the transcripts and thus i had to work and take more classes in two school years at the public school to pass on time(usually its 5-6 periods but i took 8 periods for both years).
i'd day i earned more responsibility and a bunch of new knowledge.
WizardOfUnseen Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Glad you were able to work through all that :)
:iconchrisravensar:
chrisravensar Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
having childern
:)
:iconsatanic-kurloz:
Satanic-Kurloz Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Probably my bigger ones are my parents divorcing and moving to where I live now.
Little ones would just be like going to high school etc
:iconmoxiee:
moxiee Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
The only thing I can think of is when I beat a bully when I was in sixth grade. He didn't know I was taking Hapkido at the time.
:iconclapplz:
:iconmoxiee:
moxiee Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Thank you. Thank you very much.
You are welcome :wow:
:iconzbugni:
zbugni Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Hobbyist
Nothing huge has ever really happened to me, but I fell down a hill once.
Yeah, it hurt a lot more than it sounds and it made more careful and worried about hills .~.
Wow, that must hurt
zbugni Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Hobbyist
It was traumatizing, haha
Should be :D
zbugni Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Hobbyist
I really could have thought of something better than that...
:icontsunarulu:
tsunarulu Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Student Digital Artist
I guess....when I found out I was aromantic.. O_o
and the time when I moved to the big city... "uuuuuh? wat is dis?"
"its called a computer"
*touches the mouse* "OH MY GOD"
WizardOfUnseen Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Wow, how did were you able to tell you were aromantic?
wow loong comment coming through here~

well its a long process...so it doesnt just...happen. but its more when I came to the final conclusion, really.
I do not fall romantically in love with people.
its really hard to explain.
but have you ever been in love? the romatic kind of love is when you feel the ned to be with that person spend time with them and hold their hand. kiss them. you get butterflies in you tummy, you get warm and fuzzy inside?

when first someone comfessed to me a few years back I didn't know what to say. cause I really liked that person and wanted to spend time with them. and I though oh im probably in love then. cause i wanted to hold their hand and kiss cause i think its exciting. but all those...feelings that defines a romantic love/crush was never there. like. I can do that with anyone. I dont feel bonded to that person and given that "rule" that when you are with this person. you cant go and kiss everybody else.

I felt like this was just still my friend..but the only difference is that we hold hands and kiss and all that. I felt like the only difference between what we were and then at that time was...simply two friends doing sexual stuff together. and I do not have any problems with that to be hontest.
ever since I have never felt those feelings. it doesnt matter who im with...that doesnt mean I cant hold a relationship. it just simply means I do not get romantically attracted to people.
I can still love them...but that will be more in a "friendly" way.
its the same as being asexual. just instead of not having a sexual attraction to anyone, i do not have a romantic attraction to anyone...

well I hope this helped ^^'
I guess you have not never met the special someone Then again, as long as you are happy, that is the most important thing :)
yeah that is what everybody says
"oh you just haven't met that special someone yet" very common phrase. and excuse as well.
do you say this to asexuals too? its not a very good idea...many will most likely get very upset u__u its like telling a transsexual its just a phrase. and trust me...it leaves alone this..this horrible feeling of not being understood.

but then again yeah I feel more comfy and closer to myself after I came to that conclusion. also I feel so happy and I feel much more free to know that I don't have to have a boy/grilfriend and follow all those unwritten rules to be able to be in the same kind of relationship, to be able to cuddle and kiss somebody ect ^^
I am sorry if you found what I said offensive The reason I said what I said was because you are not assexual I suppose being free from the fear of not being married or finding the right partner is liberating
mhm it is hard to find a partner if you are asexual...pretty much have to find someone who's asexual as yourself...but I don't like being in relationships with someone who actually do fall in love romantically..or takes it very seriously...I'm afraid I might hurt them because i do not feel the "exact" same way...but that doesnt mean I would care less for them anyway. just many people takes this very serious and I dont want to hurt anyone's feelings..

and btw no it wasn't really offensive, to me. I am very used to people telling me that and what do I know..it might be true what you say :) but it doesn't matter. what matters is the present. the future has yet to exist~
but very many people, however, will get upset by it...I've learned that the hard way..
Why would an asexual person need a partner? They would be happy staying alone
(1 Reply)
:iconjericawinters:
JericaWinters Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
I saw the work of David Finch and it made me want to make my work more detailed. :dance:
WizardOfUnseen Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
This is excellent that you aregetting inspired from well known artists and improving your work. Best of luck mate. :)
:iconjericawinters:
JericaWinters Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
^_^ Thanks. You too. :iconcloverplz:
:)
:iconwolfos96:
wolfos96 Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Joining the US Air Force was a pretty big change in my life. I'm now more disciplined, respectful, focused, and have a greater attention to detail.
:salute: So did you get to fly any of the jets?
...why does everyone always ask this...

Only commissioned officers are pilots, and even then they make up a small portion of the AF. I'm in training to perform electronic maintainence on jets, though.
I am sorry, I could not help but ask :D
It's alright. Not everyone knows. Actually, I woner sometimes if anyone knew?
I guess most people like me get carried away by the image of the pilot doing some daring stunt in his/her jet
:iconx666nightmare666x:
x666NiGhTmArE666x Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
The first major change is when my dad went to jail, the second one was my 1st ex. Both horrible, terrible events.

What about you?
Joining an English language training course which helped my communication skill, a break of of sorts,meeting a friend of mine, joining this site, falling in love, getting a job and surviving the scare that I may have stomach cancer. The last reason is why I made this thread.
:iconcoldblackraven:
ColdBlackRaven Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
I went through a couple of shitty things too in life but finally agreeing and making myself realize that I had fallen in love was the biggest life changing experience for me :nod: so I understand what you mean
love, changes everything :)
:iconrickyryan:
rickyryan Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Student Digital Artist
When I am abducted with Alien and they bring me to Planet Saiyan. I am train there and become super power. I come back to the earth and fight notorious threat. Last week I fight ugly creature with snake tentacles. They killing people and eat them in suburb, thats made me furious. I hit them with my super secret technique. They turn to the ass but i am still sad because people still die. And there is nothing I can do to bring them alive. Even I am have power that can wipe entire city but i cant bring the dead to life back. Life is precious
:pat:
:iconpriteeboy:
priteeboy Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Coming out to my family at the beginning of 2009 was a huge load off my inner self :nod: No longer did I have to pretend to be interested in the teenage girls people used to point out for me :w00t: Plus it confirmed my older brother's long-term assumptions as correct, but I suppose that's more on his side of things :p I also didn't have people occasionally trying to set me up with girls that I never would have been interested in (this didn't come up much anyway but I hated it when it did). Though - gay or not - girls were never interested in me to begin with, so it's no big loss :dummy:
:iconnosugarjustanger:
nosugarjustanger Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
Your family is so cool. If I were a lesbian and I came out to my family, they would've disowned me, I believe. :o
priteeboy Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Well they still subtly offended me for the following 2 years because they kept assuming I was going through a phase, I actually started to believe it was wishful thinking on their behalf that I wasn't gay. After all, my older brother only provided them with one grandchild and has sworn to have no-more (a wise decision for him). And my younger brother isn't looking very promising either :laughing: And with me being physically incapable of producing an offspring, well - it looks like the family is pretty much going to go extinct after my generation unless my brothers change their minds :p
:lmao: Not gonna be extinct now that your older brother has a child! Meh, gay or straight, I just wish that parents would just accept their kids as they are. For example, I see myself as an atheist but my parents would kill me if I ever come out to them about it. :( It's not "God" that I'm afraid of since I don't believe in the existence, but I just don't wanna lose the people that I love, even if they act like douches about personal beliefs. :ohnoes:
priteeboy Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I think the fact that my family isn't religious (except my nan, but you know how old people are, she still believes in angels and clairvoyants but definitely not aliens :facepalm:) helps a lot too. Religion is supposed to preach love and acceptance but based on what I hear from people facing situations like yours they often form incredibly judgmental, condescending families who will disown their child if they don't turn out exactly the way they planned - which is just a little clone of themselves :disbelief: One thing I'm grateful for with my (otherwise very unstable and hard to live with) family is that they have never once dragged me to Church, called anything I do a sin or been lectured about ridiculous reasons why person X is wrong about everything because they either listen to science or follow another religion.

It's a cultural thing mostly. Certain countries are way more prone to religious tyranny than others. Fortunately Australia has a very relaxed attitude towards religion in general and some of the shit you see being preached by people in the US or the Middle East or wherever would just not fly here :no: It can't be a coincidence that the most advanced countries with the best lifestyle status are often the ones that are least tainted by religious fanatics slowing down progress. For the lands that God forgot and who forgot about God - they sure seem to be doing pretty damn well for themselves :greetings: Not nearly the level of poverty and violence encountered in highly religious areas, quite ironic that the more a patch of world loves God - the more he "rewards" them with that kind of shit :p
That is a good point and one I have often pondered about
I wish I could change their mindset. :ohnoes: They don't crap on me cuz I haven't outwardly told them. None of us is religious but to come out as an atheist like a no-no. :unimpressed:

Gah. I can't wait to just make it on my own, so I wouldn't give a shit if they disown me or not... even though it'd be such a waste to lose the people that I love.... over their ignorance.
Awesome mate. :) It is really nice having a supportive family.
:iconiriastar:
Iriastar Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013
I've had many, many life-changing experiences.
Tell me about some of them
:iconiriastar:
Iriastar Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013
I would if I could recall one. :B
Then it has not been life changing.
Add a Comment: