intrapersonal communication

I gave the title a scientific name so it would be more interesting, it means talking to oneself

so I ask, do you talk yourself? recently I've realized that I seem to do it compulsively whenever I'm alone, and it's very humiliating whenever people overhear me
please don't tell me I'm the only one that does this excessively
(followup question; if you do, have you ever been caught? does it bother you as much as it bothers me?)
Comments32
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Yup, I do that when I am thinking really hard.It helps me. :D
In my mind, all the time.

It's quite annoying when I'm trying to free my mind of thoughts, for meditation or other purposes. But it's fine the rest of the time. :p
No, but I do laugh out loud if I see/think of something funny when alone.
All the time. I wouldn't worry about it until you start arguing with yourself out loud.
Only when I'm thinking out loud, usually in fitting rooms or in my own room. I'd just talk and give myself the pep talk, usually. :lol:
All the time :meow: people give me such strange looks in the grocery store, and sometimes even answer some of my questions i ask myself
Started doing that in college...every time i review for my exams i find myself talking to myself and cursing at my scratch paper and pencil.Good thing is i live alone in my dorm room XD
I talk to everything else around me, even the inanimate stuff, but not myself. That would be strange.
I do it when I'm trying to figure something out or getting frustrated (usually from not being able to figure something out).

My whole family, my boyfriend and most of my friends know I do it. I don't usually consider it talking to myself as I do talking to inanimate objects (like my car, computer, etc.)

At first everyone is like "are you talking to yourself :O...?"
Now they just continue doing whatever they're doing and ignore me... unless I start screaming and cussing, then they ask what my issue is... sometimes.
NO I DO NOT TALK TO MYSELF
I do it quite often. I'm quite the conversational partner. Of course, it was rather funny when I was talking to myself whilst grilling a sandwich and my mother walked in. XD The first thing she asked was "Were you talking to your sandwich?" Big facepalm after that. Just gotta be careful when you're doing it.
I used to talk to myself all the time. Now it's settled down a bit, even when I am alone. Before, though, I've been caught. Caught singing is more embarrassing, in my opinion. xD
I am always talking to myself. My family makes of me for it.
I talk to myself all the time
Technically intrapersonal communication refers to communicating with yourself internally "in the mind" so its not talking to yourself in the usual sense.

However, to answer your question, I do talk to myself on occasion but it usually involves either cursing or problem solving.
don't make me beat you up kiddo
Only when I'm angry. I used to live with a really messy roommate and I always had to clean up after her. You'd hear the occasional " Muther F*CKER. . . WHO thinks this is OK? . . . what the F*CK. . . son of the B*TCH GOD DAMN IT THIS IS GROSS."

So it's not like I can hide it when I'm talking to myself. . .
yah but it's very mumbled...most dont realize Im doing it or think Im talking to them.
I think to myself but I never want to take the extra effort of talking. Seems kind of pointless. But I'm kind of a quiet guy to begin with. People who think to themselves look contemplative and deep. People who talk to themselves look nervous and crazy.
I'm not crazy ;_;
I'm not contemplative or deep.:shrug: