Closed to new replies
January 7, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 31

intrapersonal communication

:icon0rg:
0rg Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013
I gave the title a scientific name so it would be more interesting, it means talking to oneself

so I ask, do you talk yourself? recently I've realized that I seem to do it compulsively whenever I'm alone, and it's very humiliating whenever people overhear me
please don't tell me I'm the only one that does this excessively
(followup question; if you do, have you ever been caught? does it bother you as much as it bothers me?)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconwizardofunseen:
WizardOfUnseen Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Yup, I do that when I am thinking really hard.It helps me. :D
:iconstripedpower:
StripedPower Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013   Digital Artist
In my mind, all the time.

It's quite annoying when I'm trying to free my mind of thoughts, for meditation or other purposes. But it's fine the rest of the time. :p
:icondevere:
deVere Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013
No, but I do laugh out loud if I see/think of something funny when alone.
:iconfixmeknow:
FixMeKnow Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013
All the time. I wouldn't worry about it until you start arguing with yourself out loud.
:iconnosugarjustanger:
nosugarjustanger Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013
Only when I'm thinking out loud, usually in fitting rooms or in my own room. I'd just talk and give myself the pep talk, usually. :lol:
:iconhopeira9:
hopeira9 Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013
All the time :meow: people give me such strange looks in the grocery store, and sometimes even answer some of my questions i ask myself
:iconbetamax777:
betamax777 Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013
Started doing that in college...every time i review for my exams i find myself talking to myself and cursing at my scratch paper and pencil.Good thing is i live alone in my dorm room XD
:iconvanhir:
Vanhir Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
I talk to everything else around me, even the inanimate stuff, but not myself. That would be strange.
:iconworldwar-tori:
WorldWar-Tori Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013   General Artist
I do it when I'm trying to figure something out or getting frustrated (usually from not being able to figure something out).

My whole family, my boyfriend and most of my friends know I do it. I don't usually consider it talking to myself as I do talking to inanimate objects (like my car, computer, etc.)

At first everyone is like "are you talking to yourself :O...?"
Now they just continue doing whatever they're doing and ignore me... unless I start screaming and cussing, then they ask what my issue is... sometimes.
:iconstieger:
Stieger Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013
NO I DO NOT TALK TO MYSELF
Add a Comment: