Deviant Login Shop
 Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
January 6, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 76

Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with polygamy?

:iconmetalhartrockandroll:
metalhartrockandroll Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013
So I'm a little curious. I know polygamy is more common in some parts of the world and cultures than it is in mine. Does anyone have any thoughts or know anyone who practices polygamy?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconstellar-delusion:
stellar-delusion Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
:wave: Hello, polyamorous person here. Of course, I can only actually marry one of my partners because of the laws here, at least legally, but hey.

Let's face it, if it weren't natural then people wouldn't cheat. The vast majority of people will cheat at some point in their lives. Therefore...why the fuck not? Allowing each other to do whatever the hell we want as long as we're careful, vs. pressuring each other to never even LOOK at another person again which will probably make everyone involved miserable and drive a wedge between us - easy choice.
I would love to hear about how things work in as much detail as you would like to give. It kind of sounds like you have an open relationship as opposed to being married/"married" to more than one person.

Please elaborate! I am interested!
:iconjphyper:
Jphyper Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013
Aren't those the really tiny people who live on some Pacific islands?

Wait, those are pygmies. Never mind.
:iconwizardofunseen:
WizardOfUnseen Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Nope
:iconsiantjudas:
siantjudas Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013   Digital Artist
Too much work. One hormonally infused human is enough for me. It only gets weird and complicated when you start bringing in extra people.
metalhartrockandroll Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013
Yeah, I can't argue with that.
:iconmrsattila:
MrsAttila Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
I'm a big believer in the speech by Aristophanes in Plato's symposium... which you could either educate yourself with by reading up on it or by listening to "The origin of love" (which is a song...)
:iconchrisravensar:
chrisravensar Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Utah where polygamy was at one time popular was the first state to have the vote for women
:iconbonnieknox:
BonnieKnox Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
When I lived in Spain, some of the Arab immigrants I knew tried to pull that. In their countries is fine, but in mine is not, anyhow, it was somehow common to know a man that had bring his wife with him and tried to get a second one there. It is shocking if you are not used to it

I have to be honest, I am not going to lie, it grosses me out big time, I would not accept that willingly, not for me, but what people does with their lives is their business, as far as does not affect me directly
metalhartrockandroll Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013
Interesting. Thanks for sharing your perspective.
Add a Comment: