Strange tests for witchcraft

So, I was looking at a documentary about how a drug similar to LSD contaminated the bread in Salem.

Scientist think, that the contaminated bread created the ideal conditions for the salem witch trails and their deadly outcome :omg:

Here is a link if you want to learn more :nod: [link]

One of the test for witchcraft was getting one of the girls to urinate on a piece of bread :puke:
Then the bread was fed to a dog.

Because the girls were high on LSD and the bread was contaminated, well the dog went bananas :fear:

Everybody at the time, thought this was clear evidence of demonic possession :evillaugh:

Do you know any other infallible test for witchcraft?
Comments176
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
You know, witches can float, and they are burned. Wood can float and is burned. Therefore, witches must be made of wood. Ducks can also float, which means it must weigh the same as wood. This leads to the conclusion that if a woman weighs the same as a duck, that means she's made of wood, and therefore a witch. It's completely logical!
The mold is ergot. A precursor to LSD in the synthesis.
Yes, I heard it was a kind of mold or infection in rye, so it caused LSD-like symptoms.
I wish I could put my hands on that kind of mold :plotting:
I could imagine it probably also killed a lot of people >.>
yes, in that documentary I linked, they talk about people who died due to it :nod:
That's not a test for witchcraft, that's a test for LSD.
A very interesting one. I have never seen a dog high. It has to be something interesting :bucktooth:
In England in the middle ages, suspected witches were thrown in the rivers, if they floated they were a witch and were subsequently burned, and if they didn't, they weren't a witch but were dead anyway.
I thought that was one of the stupidest things they did back then
It is, but it was a 'legit' test for witchcraft.
they assumed everyone was a witch :noes:
Guilty until proven innocent!
Yup. Well, medieval logic. :dummy:
View all replies
The logic used by witch hunters blows my mind :slow:
Say what you will but it produced results.
Yup, it's pretty funny to look back at. :lol:
Now it is funny, at that time it was scary to know that such idiots were in control of society :no:
And for so long. :no:
yup :nod: this is why religious people scare me :fear: if they take control of society again, things just can go down the hill :fear:
You just have to look at the influence of the Catholic Church in western Europe up until the 1500s or so; whatever the Pope said, went. If the Pope said that a country was too powerful and needed its influence to be restricted, the other countries around about would jump on it and act upon it.
View all replies
Returning form the grave and taking revenge on a bunch of teenagers a few centuries later is the sign of the witch!