January 2, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 18

what is your favorite bowling ball

:iconvaughnjustice:
VaughnJustice Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
tell me

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpyxelle-art:
Pyxelle-art Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
The 9 to 10-pounders, 'cause they're the only ones that have the right-sized holds for me :( Heavier ones seem spaced differently, and strain my already-abused wrist XD
:iconbullet-magnet:
Bullet-Magnet Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
I designed one myself using my smithing skill, and it is far superior to the vendor trash used by everyone else. It weighs 12 pounds, grants +3 to Dexterity, has +8 versus Seven-Ten Splits and has a 25% chance of coming back up out of the gutter. I called it Asskickerb, because name entry is final and I didn't catch the typo before I finalised it. Local item traders value it at 50,375 gold coins, but it's worth more to me than an Aerith-raising Phoenix Down. The grinding it took to get my crafting talents high enough was ridiculous, and do you know how hard it is to find a Flawless Wonderflonium Core? 129 hours trawling the hardest levels of the Brunswick Dungeons, battling Pinwolves larger than bears with nothing but a crappy 9 pound Resin Ball of +1 Speechcraft. Total nightmare, but worth every healing soda.
:iconredmarlin:
redmarlin Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
Around 12 pounds, as of late.
:iconhopeira9:
hopeira9 Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
That round one! :icontrixieslyplz: You know which one i'm talking about
:iconartificialphantom:
ARTificialphanTOM Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I haven't bowled in so long. I totally miss it. I used to be in a league as a teenager and had a blue marbled 12 pound ball. This was back when they still allowed smoking inside and the second hand smoke was so thick you could barely see the pins. Bowling and 16 inch softball, two of the best games ever invented.
:iconworldwar-tori:
WorldWar-Tori Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013   General Artist
14-16 pound... that's all I've got. :shrug:
:iconksxzt:
KSXZT Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Lightweight ones. I mean, seriously, how is anyone supposed to lift, let alone throw some of those chunky ones?

I prefer bowling on the Wii. It means I don't have to get up. :nod:
:iconstieger:
Stieger Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
THE SQUARE TYPE
:iconpriteeboy:
priteeboy Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I can just imagine that bumping and bouncing on its way down to the pins :lmao:

Chances are it'll end up knocking someone elses pins over (like I managed to do by accident once even with a round ball :oops:)
:iconksxzt:
KSXZT Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
That happened to me too. I was trying to get the single pin at the side on my second throw, and ended up chucking it into the neighbouring lane instead. It was even more hilarious when the arrival of two balls there in quick succession jammed the machine up. :giggle:
Haha, as kids I remember sometimes my brothers and I would take turns throwing two balls down the alley at once...Until we got in trouble for it :oops:

Then, a few years later (early 00's) my older brother had become and impatient teenager and didn't allow enough time for the machine to reset the pins before throwing his ball down there at an impressive speed, he completely totaled the machine and the guy had to come out and fix it and then gave us a rather irritated look afterwards. I was embarrassed ^^;
HOW THAT HAPPEN? :lol:
It was so long ago but I remember it so vividly. In fact, I was just a kid and this was in a local bowling alley which has now become a closed-down and abandoned building for at least 14-15 years by now :O_o:

But on one turn I accidentally let the ball go too late. Perhaps one of my fingers got stuck in the holes or something (I was a weak kid and would choose the lightest ball, even if the finger holes were a little tight :giggle:) and it flew over into the lane next to mine. They didn't seem to mind though, for I - believe it or not - got a strike for them :rofl: I couldn't do that today if I tried. Just an amazing streak of hilarious luck I guess which I wish I had a video of :XD:
THATS AWESOME :lol:
Definitely one of my very few memorable sporting moments. Like that time I kicked a basketball as if it were a soccer ball and actually got it in :dance:
Wow...I can actually answer this with a real response :lol:

I used to bowl as part of league night at the local bowling alley for a few years in my early teens (nothing professional, just a weekly for-fun thing with my brother and some other guys) And I got my own ball as a birthday present, they saw me eying off a really outstanding ball in the pro-shop :D It was an intense marble-pattern of red, yellow and green. The closest image I could find was this [link] Just imagine the blue areas being green and that's pretty much it :nod: Though mine is a different brand. I haven't been bowling in years but I always felt proud having a ball that was a real beauty of the lanes that frequently had people telling me how cool it looked...especially under those blacklights on party nights :jawdrop:
:iconvaughnjustice:
VaughnJustice Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
Hammer Taboo Spare.
That's the ball in the picture. Mine has a big "WD" logo etched into one side of it. That was the brand I searched for in particular first, but none of the image results were the same colour-scheme as mine in particular (mine is an old model I guess, I think I got it in 2001/2002 :O)
Add a Comment: