Feel... Isolated?

Sometimes I get this strange feeling of Isolated, like I can't make a connection with the world. I hate when I feel like this, because all I want to do is NOTHING. I just want to sit here and do nothing until it resolves itself.

Do you guys ever get like this? It's really annoying for me -_-
(just wanted to get my mind off of the feeling).
Comments117
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I suppose everyone does eventually get out of their isolated, but as long as they are living, the cycle will just repeat itself over and over and over again. There is no true way to escape it; death is the only cure, but it doesn't necessarily mean it is the wisest choice there is. It is best for people to live just to see these brief moments of peace, when everything is at it's best, rather than ending one's life.

That's all I get out of the icon :P
When I'm disconnected from everything else, the world's usually the last thing I'm connected to. I rock the solitude/seclusion deal, seeing as all my friends are thousands of miles away and all the fun side of my family has packed up for Georgia.

I do wish I could just take a romp around the park on a nice spring/fall day, though. Blast it all that my sense of direction is absolutely bollocks.
I don't really see what sense of direction has to do with going to the park xP
Unless you mean, your "spiritual" sense of direction (i.e. what you want to do, who you are, etc.) is bad. In that case, I know what that's like :\ Sometimes I try to find the happiness in the long run, but it seems that I can only find greatness in day to day living.
By that means, I live out in the boondocks to where the park I speak of is perhaps 20-50 miles away. And seeing as I don't get out much living in the boondocks, my sense of how to navigate the state I live in is absolute shite.
Tis okay, I guess (by the looks of it) everyone feels like that a lot :iconcomfortplz:
Man, it's alright :iconglompplz:
On a certain level I've felt disconnected from other humans pretty much all my life. I'm used to it by now.
Almost everyone feels isolated at some point in their lives, so it's pretty normal to feel that sometimes (although my case is probably not normal . . . )
I'd suggest just focusing on things you enjoy doing.
Yea, I suppose.
To bad you haven't felt connected in a long time :c
Must be kinda hard to be that way; do you long for someone who feels they way you do?
Yeah, it's often frustrating, but . . . I actually don't think my life is that much harder than anyone else's. Just different, maybe.
I'm happy just finding people who are easy to talk to, honestly.
How this did turn out about me anyway? xD What about you? How are you today?
Yea, honestly don't think my life is all that hard :\ It's kinda peaceful some time, but I immediately regret snapping at anyone who "ruins" it.
I do, at times, feel like I "think" differently than anyone else, as if I created my own level of thinking that no body else knows about. Everything makes sense in my head, but it comes out it's just kinda "KAowiasnmzlka blakdjsklfjw"(like another language). Sometimes, things go through; other times, people are just like "wut?"
How did it turn about you xP ?
Well, I usually like to ask questions to people, you know, to get to know them a little bit better. Not to mention the fact that I am more of a listener than a talker (it comes in handy when meeting girls, but with guys, it's a whole different thing xD).
I am doing neutral today (just like every other day). Neutral hate, neutral happyness, NEUTRAL EVERYTHING. I've told my family how I recently felt, and it's only helped just a tad bit.

Do you believe in being an introvert or extrovert? I have been hearing and reading about them, but I am not sure what to think about it. Not sure how long they have been around, but I just barely caught on xP I dunno, they sound like they are on the pseudoscience side, but I don't know.
Yeah, I know what you mean. Some of the people in my life, we may as well be different species. I wonder if they think the same thing about me sometimes xS

Ah, well that's good if talking helped a little. Like for me, I was feeling really angry about work today (I hate my job) but I talked to my mom about it and it made me feel a little better. Sometimes talking helps.

I don't know much about psychology but I don't think personality theories are pseudoscience. It's more philosophical than physics, for example, but it's still scientific, so I don't think it's a matter of belief or disbelief xD But yeah, I'm an introvert. I knew it since I learned about it in secondary school.
What about the Zodiac? It's pseudoscience, but yet it predicts how people feel and what their personalities are, and so on. I only say being an introvert/extrovert sounds pseudo-ish because it sounds like a cult xP

Sometimes I think I am a bit anti-social; there are times when I just can't feel sorrow for bad events (like the recent shooting at the elementary school: yea, didn't shed a single tear. I wanted to feel sad and sorry, but I just couldn't for some reason). Then again, at times I exhibit a little too much emotion on certain things, i.e. cheesy stories, or some kid's movies xD. I dunno, just kinda weird; ever get that?
Yeah, reading about your zodiac sign is fun and all. But all horoscopes ever tend to be is general advice that could be applied to nearly everyone at nearly any time in their life. For example, I looked up mine on a horoscope site. The first line: "You're going through a time in which you have the opportunity to make tremendous advances, Gemini." (The rest is just stuff about working hard and opportunities and blah blah blah) Which is true, because in the next few months I'll be reapplying for college and moving away from home for the first time. But people have opportunities for advancement in life (like the horoscope says) all the time: like moving house, graduating college, getting a job, getting married, having kids, retiring, etc. etc. And they're specifically written to be so general like that so there's a higher chance they could apply to whoever's reading.
Sorry for writing a novel, I could rant about this stuff all day xD

Well, you can't feel sorry for everything. If you felt empathetic for every single tragic thing that happens you would implode. But yeah, sometimes I think some of my reactions to stuff might be weird. But for the most part I don't care if people think it's weird xD
Yup, I feel isolated sometimes. Often.
I feel this often, even whilst trying to do away with the feeling. lately i've been trying to fix it, here's the jist of what I've been doing to some success.

there is no perfect solution, but it's probably a habit. I know at one point in my life I was really down all the time, there were many unresolved issues I had with people, myself, things I needed to not just get over, but find a way to rationalize getting over it.

That is the key I think, rationalize a reason to get up in the morning. Don't rationalize a reason to be happy because then that reason will change as fast as your emotions do, but rationalize a reason to "DO" things.

first, you have to figure out what it is that is causing this nagging feeling of "unresolvedness". It can be liberating once you let yourself "be" yourself so to speak. make a list of everything that you like, but balance it out with a list of all the things that you really hate. but more specifically list "themes" you notice, if you find yourself liking more and more things like Lord of the Rings, WoW, Final Fantasy, then "I like adventure stories" might be a theme.

Second, "delete" things from your life that you dislike. If you find someone to be a burden to talk to, don't talk to them, if you really like what someone is saying, spend more time with them. but don't just "find more friends" that's the mistake many people make, find "birds of a feather", you'll find out you want to hang out with them more (even if they're extroverts, and perhaps moreso if they are extroverts even if you're an introvert) and aren't aprehensive about when they call to hang out.

thirdly, determine if you are introverted or extroverted. do some research on introverts, it's really not that bad to be an introvert, you just need more time to yourself to reflect and think about your problems before you act. That's not to say extroverts don't mix with introverts, as I stated prior, if you and said extrovert get along they may propel you rather than exhaust you, but trust me it's hard to find those types of people O_o

fourthly, set a goal of about 4-5 drawings (or whatever activity, just quantify it into something that seems managable and doable) and say "even at my worst day if I can do at least this I can say I accomplished something" 4-5 drawings a day, = about 1400 drawings a year. sometimes you'll do 12 or 16 a day. but set some kind of quantifiable goal so you know you did something and can feel good that you did it, that way you can feel good and not anxious about sitting down and doing nothing.

hope all that advice helps!
Thanks for the advice, pretty sure It will come in handy ^^

I myself, am more of an introvert than an extrovert, but I do have "social" surges at times. You weren't wrong about intro.s and extros. mixing, because I do have several social friends.
I think the only step I am missing is the 4th one and part of the 1st. The second step is pretty easy, because I know exactly what I like and hate, and I am extremely picky (in general) about my friends and who I talk too. There are times when I like to step out of my comfort zone, just to see what it's like; sometimes I can hit off with people, some times it's a complete disaster.
No probs!
good luck! ;)
I have felt like this at times.
Worst feeling in the world, amiright?