dA, Tumblr, both?

Hello, out there!

Just curious and seeking second opinions :D

:bulletyellow: Do you have a dA account or both a tumblr and dA?
:bulletyellow: To which do you post art to more often?
:bulletyellow: And what have you benefited from having just dA or both?

I've been thinking about getting a tumblr account to use it as an art blog but I'm in conflict because it means an additional internet identity to manage, haha. And dA covers the necessary as an artist profile as far as I'm concerned and as well as providing easy access to a mostly organized community.

:bulletyellow: On that note, do you have 2 or more dA accounts?
:bulletyellow: What do you use them for?

I was thinking about making a second account where I can be more formal as opposed to my current account which I was thinking could be my more lax account but I'm looking for a second opinion =P I like my username presently and I know I can work with it to gain some reputation.
Comments42
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I have both but I use Tumblr for boredom and as a journal thing :)
I use both. Its undeniable that tumblr has a wider audience than just artists, and deviantArt is way behind the times when it comes to how it presents incoming data.
I use both, I do post my art to tumblr on a side blog of my main but it doesn't get much notice on there. I tend to use tumblr more for fandom related stuff like talking about games, posting/reading fanfics as well as finding referenes/tutorials as there's some good stuff on there and generally finding interesting/silly stuff oh and finding cute animal pictures, lots and lots of cute animal pictures.

DA is better for the way of a community as it's better for feedback and conversation, Tumblr not so much.
I see :) dA is definitely more artist-oriented but you can have easier publicity on Tumblr (just have to be wary of possible thieves because there aren't any watermarking features there)

Thank you for you input :D
DA is giving me enough work to keep my gallery active and follow other artists, I don't have the time for something else.
I use dA as my primary account. My Tumblr is just for fun and I just reblog pictures of sexy men. :shrug:
I don't have Tumblr, and I only use one dA account, as that's really all that I need. =P I guess I'm not much help here. :XD:
I do indeed have a Tumblr account. It's just for fun; it's one of those ask-a-character blogs.

[link]

I only have this one dA account, which I use for submitting and browsing art, and for having fun in the forums.
I have both. dA for browsing art/photos and subscribing to artists/photographer and Tumblr for everything dA isn't.
Sounds great :)
The only challenge, I suppose, is managing both accounts.

Can you tell me more about what Tumblr is that dA isn't? :O_o: I don't explore Tumblr much so I don't even hear rumors about and shiz =P
I post sketches and other stuff on Tumblr and only finished works on dA (unless it's an art dump).
Based on my almost 4 years on Tumblr, I think Tumblr people are generally nicer than people on dA. I met so many new friends on Tumblr compared to dA. :'D
I was thinking of that too but I have to plan my Tumblr identity first, haha :ninja:

Thanks for the input :) I don't browse through Tumblr much so I have no clue about the kind of community that goes on there =P
Tumbler is lame .
:O_o: Care to elaborate? :D

*curious*

I mean, I've seen some tumblr blogs and the only thing I've observed is that comments and following is fan-driven. Whether you're a fan of a certain person OR a fan of a certain thing. I haven't really explored tumblr so I don't know much else ^^;
Its better to have your own blog =D
I have both.
I use dA more. Tumblr is mostly for scraps, phone pics, and screenshots from movies or games.
No. Tumblr doesn't help unless it's fan art.

Yes.
The main account, then one for my scraps which I don't use because of Tumblr and a plz account.
Tumblr never sounded like a good thing.
I only use dA now. I used to use Tumblr but it's far too impersonal. Not to mention I hate the community. :|
Why did you come to hate the Tumblr community? :O_o: How different would you say it is compared to the dA community?
All of the rumours I heard about them were true, in short. I prefer dA because the community is much less touchy and more cynical. :nod:
I only use deviantART, as it is forever my virtual home.
I only have dA. Thought about tumblr fr a while, but I am too lazy to manage a new account and would probably abandon it after a month :shrug: