1. Be patient: A lot of mistakes and stupid or half-assed things I do stems because I'm too impatient to put the time in the do something right.
2. Live life how I want it: Thinking that people judge me has always held me back from doing what I want or saying my mind. I want to rid myself of this thinking. I want to be free from this. As Dr. Seuss says "Be who you are and say what you will because those that matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter."
3. Acquire leadership and the traits in encompasses: I'm a military a brat, and in the military "Leadership" is very important and a leader supposedly has certain qualities such as Integrity, Bearing, Courage, and all that. I want to take leadership of my life and my art.
4. I know I'm going to be busy this year as I'm nearing the final phases of college so instead of setting something ridiculous (for my time) like completing an illustration a day. I want to at least have my day in this priority: School/Work/Exercise > Art > Everything else. That what when I do have free time I can devote it to art.
I have a couple of them on top of the one I kept up for years.
1) Maintain my weight (it's been a success for years!)
2) New Resolution #1: Go visit Hanoi, Vietnam for at least 4 days.
3) New Resolution #2: Stay single for 2013. I've spent 4 years out of my 23 years being committed to my 2 ex's and I plan to make this year, a year to focus on myself, my needs and just date whoever pleases me. Yes, I'll fuck when I want to and no, I don't want to report myself to anyone at all or deal with men's insecurity bullshit. I'm done with boys, and I'm done with older men who are act like they're boys too.
Eventually going to pick up a tablet and experience the world of digital art, since currently I'm just a traditional/marker artist OTL I also just made a resolution that I'd at least get a picture done each month so I can end the next year with a 2013 art meme thing too =u=
I have a bad habit of seriously selling myself short when it comes to commissions (I do serious work for serious customers - none of that "I'll doodle your character for 5 points" bullshit ) But even so, while some may envy what I get out of most commissions now - it just doesn't cover the amount of work I always end up doing before the person is happy with it. So I'm going to double my minimum price so I'll stop wasting time delivering my best work to cheapskates If they don't like it then they can always find someone else. I missed out on too many personal projects I really wanted to do in 2012 thanks to commissions that really weren't paying enough to justify my serious loss of free time
Other than that. I'm not changing anything. I've found a pretty good formula to keep myself and my watchers happy on here. I always say if something works - don't change it
The only ones to come to mind is: -To start, edit and "polish" my fanfiction to finally have something to submit. -To post at least one drawing. -To practice giving constructive criticism. -To meet a few deviants and make some friends.
YTcyberpunkFeatured By OwnerDec 31, 2012Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Sounds like good resolutions to me. This forum right here's a good place to meet people, at least in my experience. Just don't try making friends on Complaints (it's possible, but just not recommended).
I don't have very many ideas for realistic ones, but I think I'm going to substitute my morning coffee with tea instead. I have a ridiculous amount of tea in my house, and there's only one way to get rid of them