Resolutions that have been kept

With all this talk about no one keeping their new year resolutions, has anyone ever kept a new year resolution. Even one from a thousand? Anyone? If so, what is it?
Comments258
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
We'll see when the thirty pounds I'm trying to lose is actually gone. ;) I'll get back to you on that in June.
Okay, report back to me on June soldier! :salute:
Yes, Sir! Right, Sir!
I went a year without drinking caffeine.
It's not healthy for you, and I had become dependent on it so I decided to take a break.
How much did you drink anyways?
2-3 energy drinks a day.
I resolved to quit smoking and drinking. Considering I've never done those things in the first place, I'd say that's mission accomplished!
I did not have a tangible resolution for 2012, it was mainly to be more than I thought I could be and stay optimistic.

Think I managed to keep that resolution. Proof is I am currently handling 2.5 person's job and juggling it with after work activities. (Scrapping through though...)

Kinda surprised at myself actually, haha. I shall be shameless and give myself a self pat on the back. :XD:
I lost weight in summer 2012 and still didn't gained my old weight back. :)
I wasn't alive in 1000, but on New Years 2006 my wife and I quit smoking together. I kept that one for 5 years.
Awesome mate! Good job! :iconclapplz:
I never make new year resolutions. :B
I made one this year and that was to not make a new years resolution.

that way I wouldn't keep it and get tons of shit done! :lol:

actually it's been working out pretty good, without having things on my mind like "goals" instead of devoting time to making sure I'm keeping up with them I've been doing a lot more than usual. For instance, I started a painting at new years which I am about to finish.

here is an article I read a while ago about how trying to "think positively" generally leads you into thinking negatively because to think positively you must constantly monitor whether you're having a negative thought, ergo you start thinking negatively. [link]

in other words as a friend posted this quote on facebook earlier today "Having no destination, I am never lost" -Ikkyu

but I digress, setting goals isn't a bad thing, I've accomplished many things by setting goals.
That is an interesting line and provides much food for thought