Closed to new replies
December 30, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 63

Toxic Food We Love to Eat

:iconnataliebee:
NatalieBee Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012
Ogosh, guys. So boyfriend shared this with me earlier today, about common foods that can be potentially fatal when ingested improperly.

List!:
1. Cassava (Yuca)
2. Pufferfish
3. Mushrooms (generally the ones with white "gills" mean "bad!")
4. Cashews
5. Chilies
6. Potatoes (apparently if they're a light-green color, do not ingest!)
7. Almonds (so THAT'S why they say arsenic smells like almonds! Or cyanide...whatever it's still poison.)
8. Cherries (I've always hated having to spit out the pits)
9. Apples (Snow White must've swallowed a seed)
10. Tomatoes

Article! [link]

So dA! What is YOUR favorite toxic food to ingest? I like some good ol' toxic chocolate (mentioned on some other sites), and I like almonds in my chocolate too :3nod:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondoremirockerr:
DoReMiRockerr Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Cherries and apples.
:iconfinalxfan:
finalxfan Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Student General Artist
Pineapple Gummy Bears :meow:
:iconrandom1rawrz:
Random1Rawrz Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Student Digital Artist
I've had every food on the list except pufferfish, and I'm relatively okay o__o
:iconshininginthedarkness:
shininginthedarkness Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
That's not a great rule to go by, with mushrooms. Might get you into trouble. I just buy them at the store.

Anyway, I eat a whole bunch of raw fish. Ocean fish, obviously, freshwater fish will definitely mess you up.
I also eat a lot of prepackaged food made in China. It's so good ; __; I eat a lot of MSG.
:iconlankss:
Lankss Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
30 pounds of fun-dip sticks, not the dust..

just the sticks
NatalieBee Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
but all the "fun" is in the "dip"!
:iconlankss:
Lankss Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013
precisely
:iconvelvetfish:
VelvetFish Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Student Filmographer
cocaine
my ex girlfriend
Taco Bell
those meatsticks that collect dust in 7-11's
television
NatalieBee Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013
most creative response I've seen so far
:iconvelvetfish:
VelvetFish Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Student Filmographer
:bow:
:iconsapphireleto:
SapphireLeto Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013
This is why the first mandatory class in most culinary schools is Food Chemistry. Lets you know all the wrong things you can do. Excellent if you want to poison someone. Want to kill a vegetarian? If they've been at it long enough sneak an enormous amount of meat into their food.
it's funny how staying away from certain foods for a long period of time can actually result in the body rejecting that food as a "foreign" substance that could be dangerous. I remember when I started to have strawberries every morning, after not having eaten them for years, and they made me incredibly sick. It took a while to narrow it down to the strawberries, but even the scent would have a bad effect on me--nausea, itchy eyes, sinus pain and mouth sores o_O I slowly had to ween myself back onto strawberries because STRAWBERRIES ARE EVERYWHERE, M'REEN! THEY'RE EVERYWHERE!
SapphireLeto Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
SSSSSSTRRRRRRAAAAABURRRIEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!
GHHHHOOOOOOOSSSSTSSSSSS!!!
SapphireLeto Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013
I capture ghostsss and goblins an' such.
NatalieBee Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013
I CARRY A FAN SO I CAN FAN THEM AWAY FROM ME. GO SHOOOO~~
:iconlastzonetrooper:
LastZoneTrooper Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
believe it or not, ham that is not cooked properly can give you worms. same for beef and certain types of fish. this fact i learned in health class and biology class in my sophomore year.
:iconwizardofunseen:
WizardOfUnseen Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Improperly cooked prawns. Gave me an upset stomach of epic proportions.
:iconprincess-amy:
Princess-Amy Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Improperly prepared kidney beans can be toxic.
:iconstripedpower:
StripedPower Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012   Digital Artist
I understand mushrooms can be toxic, but apples? Almonds? Cherries? Tomatoes? What the heck? :lol:

I call BS on most of that. Specially on the apples.
NatalieBee Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
Same with cherries, it's in the seeds. For almonds, if they aren't roasted properly or if they're raw, they're called "bitter almonds" which have actually been banned from trades. With tomatoes, apparently the stems and leaves are really toxic, but no one really eats that part anyways
it's all in the apple seeds--we can't digest them properly because the shells don't break down in our stomach, but if they did, we'd get violently ill
StripedPower Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012   Digital Artist
As I said, that's utter bullshit. I used to chew on apple seeds when I was a kid. I don't see where they come up with such stupid claims.
Ok. I guess it can be taken off the list, then :shrug: chalk it up to the myth list
StripedPower Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013   Digital Artist
Too much pussification. :no: People nowadays are being fed countless amounts of lies by the media.
eh, don't be so harsh. not everyone believes what they see and hear, now that everyone's aware of the lack of credibility/reliability that the media presents
StripedPower Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013   Digital Artist
You find that harsh? :o
I guess some of the context was lost, don't worry about it :)
(1 Reply)
:iconwizardofunseen:
WizardOfUnseen Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
:nod:
:icondebra-marie:
Debra-Marie Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
Sushiiiiiii. Well, it could be toxic if it had a disease in the meat.
I love sushi. How raw is "raw" fish in sushi, by the way?
Debra-Marie Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
It depends on what kind of sushi you get.... I usually get tempura(deep fried) or crab so its not really raw. haha
Yesss, you have good taste :heart: my favorite is eel, though. I never thought that I would love eel sushi as a kid
Debra-Marie Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
I'm scared to try eel
It's sweet <3 It's more expensive, but it doesn't taste as "fishy"
:iconwolfos96:
wolfos96 Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Did you know your body actually needs a very small amount of cyanide to function properly? That amount can be found in an apple. The more you know. Or maybe it was arsrnic, I don't remember.
I heard that most of the toxins in apples are all in the seeds, but the apple does come from the seed after all :) But apparently the seeds can't be digested, in that their shells can't be broken down in the stomach.
:iconwolfos96:
wolfos96 Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
I eat apple seeds, and I digest them...
I don't doubt that you can pass them, but apparently we can't break them down enough to UNLEASH DA TOXINS. otherwise, please share your secrets to being advances humanz
:iconlupina24:
Lupina24 Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Potatoes- members of the nightshade family, along with tomatoes and peppers Spicy death in chips and dip. Yum!

The rest of this this stuff I can't eat anyways.
Wheat and grains- Lacks nutrients in general, blocks the villi from absorbing nutrients from other foods. high in fiber as long as it's unprocessed, normally it isn't. Ask your local pathologist, wheat is the stuff of death. but seriously, french bread crusty outside, warm fluffy inside, delicious.
Instant Ramen- more carcinogens than a pack of cigarettes. Excellent for reducing the competition for college. I never liked to begin with.
Soy- Acts as an estrogen mimic which causes increase of estrogen levels(causes girls to mature faster and delays boy's maturation or effeminizing them) and is linked to a lot of cancers (look at japan, the highest consumer of soy also has a higher rate esophagael, stomach, pancreatic, thyroid and liver cancers), Chances are if one is allergic to peanuts, they'll be allergic to beans, peas and soy also since they are legumes.
:iconcup-of-javo:
Cup-of-Javo Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012
Everything, because pretty much any food is toxic to ingest.

I mean, everything pretty much has chemicals in it that are harmful, from artificial food colourings which are carcinogenic to nitrates that dye the meat you eat.
A lot of the foods I found on the list were the closest to their organic form, so I'm not sure if processed/instant foods really count.
Well, I meant everything. For example, I could easily say corn because it has naturally-occuring aflatoxins in it.

I don't think there's anything in nature that is completely healthy to ingest; there's always going to be something that can fuck you up. You just gotta play it smart.
Aw, don't suck out all the fun in my topic :c I thought it was a neat idea
I was being a bit of a smartass, but it's a really cool topic to read about if you're interested in that kind of stuff. :D For example, propylene glycol--the same ingredient used to make antifreeze--is commonly used in foods like ice cream and soda.
It can be cool, but I wouldn't recommend it for people who tend to be paranoid
:petting:
(ssh, don't tell my uncle, or say the word that starts with "a" and ends in "spertame")
Also: castor beans are also very toxic. Castor oil has all the toxins filtered out of it, but apparently just coming in contact with the bean can be deadly.
:iconpatt-ytto:
Patt-Ytto Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012
Instant soups.
Add a Comment: