Closed to new replies
December 30, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 59

Do dogs eat vegetables/fruits ?

:iconraizablackbone:
RaizaBlackbone Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
So i have a 6-7 month old golden retriver and whatever we eat he wants to eat too ,we give him stuff like carrots etc.. but i would like to know can i feed him stuff like apples, oranges cuz he reeeealy wants'em : /

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconnataliebee:
NatalieBee Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013
My old dog loved to eat apples--we'd save a little before the core and hold it while he chomped away. We did the same with watermelon rinds. Didn't hurt him in any way, and the apples actually helped keep his teeth clean lol
:iconr-a-b-b-o-t-t:
R-A-b-b-o-t-t Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Student General Artist
Dogs will eat whatever they can get their paws on. Lol
:iconxhyacintho:
xHyacintho Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Dogs can eat SOME kinds of fruits and vegetables. They can eat stuff like apples or carrots, but nor oranges (toxic for them).
If someone is interested, I'll write what they can eat and what they should not.
:iconraizablackbone:
RaizaBlackbone Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Thanx
:iconjessaflux:
JessaFlux Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013   Photographer
Well onions can't make their breath any worse even if they could eat them.
:iconpriteeboy:
priteeboy Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Well I have seen plenty of dog foods that have vegetables mixed in, some even marketed as "light" dog foods, for today's weight-conscious canines :facepalm: But lets not forget that they are primarily carnivores whose teeth and digestive systems are designed for meat consumption, and so just because lots of fruits and vegetables are healthy for us - doesn't necessarily mean the same for them. Sure give them the safe ones every now and then, but I wouldn't force a 50/50 diet of meat and plant-matter on them :hmm:
:iconstarrypawz:
starrypawz Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
They can (my dog likes carrot) and I believe apples are okay.

Whatever you do do not feed your dog onions, raisns or grapes as they are toxic to dogs.
:iconjessaflux:
JessaFlux Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013   Photographer
So is chocolate. The poor dogs don't know what they are missing.
:iconstarrypawz:
starrypawz Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
True.
(Although saying that I knew a dog that ate a 16pack of kitkats and wasn't any worse for wear, but it was a spaniel and they are kind of canine garbage disposals XD)
:iconksxzt:
KSXZT Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
But there is doggy chocolate... I used to love that stuff.
Add a Comment: