Any advice on networking on here?

Hello i was just wondering if if anybody has any advice on networking or expanding my audience on here?
Here is a list of things that i have tried.

1. I post on the thumbshare forum at least once a week on 15 threads if possible.
2. Whenever someone favs my work i reply with a thank you or some sort of comment.
3. When I fav other peoples works i reply with a comment (mostly positive comments).
4. I join groups that are according to specific subjects of art that i do and try to join groups with a large amount of watchers.

I've been on here for like 7 years already and I don't feel i have any presence online here. I can't seem to connect with the professional art community on here. Most of the people who view my work are kids. I see some people on here who have like ridiculous views and favorites on art that is not even part of any group. What are they doing that i am not? It seems like the artworld on here is so saturated and really hard to get noticed.
Comments18
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
From looking at this thread, it sounds like you've done everything but actually talk to people!
:iconstnk13::iconsaysplz:I log into dA and post art sometimes, why doesn't anybody notice me!!? :crying:
A deviant said to the website, "Sir, I have an account!"
The website replied "That does not however create in me a sense of obligation."
And the deviant cried "That's not fair!" :ohnoes:
This was very helpful. Thank you.
Make interesting comments. Be helpful. Improve your art. The rest will take care of itself.
Thanks everyone i appreciate the help with this. I guess i have been concentrating too much on producing art and not enough on participating in the community on here. Which makes more sense to me now after really looking at the numbers.
149 cmments in 7 years. You aren't active, why would you expect people to leave you comments when you aren't ready t odo the same? You aren't yumeii or something.
How about being sociable and commenting more?
Networking is a give and take process. One must nurture each other. I am saying this in general, from what I have learned over the years and not just to you. That being said, I have commented and :+fav:ed your work quite a bit. A little bit of support my way would be highly appreciated. :) wink wink :) Though I have not received any thanks for the comments of favs (and do not expect such), a peek at my gallery here and there a note saying you checked it out and what you thought of it would be nice.

Another suggestion: I did have a tiny bit of luck in the Job Services section of the forum a few years back, when I was looking to get commissioned to design web pages. Although I no longer pursue that type of work, I would highly recommend posting over there.

Best of luck to you! I enjoy your art still, including the Zelda piece you posted recently.
i think the things you are already doing are good but i think you just need to give more comments to people. especially on their artworks and profile pages, but forum posts are good too. just find the people whose style and tastes are kinda similar to yours. although... i don't know if by "professional community" you mean the artists who are super popular and have lots of "fans" already... the popular artists already have lots of people talking to them so it's hard to get noticed by them. (doesn't hurt to try though) still though, don't just look at those really popular artists, you need to communicate with others as well. the lesser-known people will reply to you more and pay attention to you.

why am i saying all this? no offense but i saw that you had 149 comments in your 7 years here and that's not good, honestly. for 7 years, that is a really really low comment number. whenever i see people here wondering why they don't have much recognition, i look at their profile and they either have not very many deviations, a low comment number, or both. to compare with mine, i have been here 5 years and i have 13,000+ comments XD and there are many others out there like me, actually. some comment even MORE than that >___<
oh yeah i forgot to say... i strongly recommend that you do commissions, art trades, collabs, or projects with others!! make an artbook or comic with someone. create a contest for people to draw your characters. (offering cash prizes is a good way to go) or do a giveaway raffle of something.

how did i forget to say all this... these things are so important! why? because they set up ways for others to interact with your art, not just interact with you.

there are lots of people on da, i have made a bunch of friends here and you can too if you do all these things that i and others are saying. your art is good, you definitely can do it!!
149 Comments
0 Critiques
327 Forum Posts
701 Favourites
...in 7 years? Work on that and see where you go from there.
POST MORE!
You only have 137 comments, 327 forum posts and 701 favorites. There's your problem. You aren't active in the community.