Closed to new replies
December 29, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 17

Any advice on networking on here?

:iconstnk13:
Stnk13 Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Hello i was just wondering if if anybody has any advice on networking or expanding my audience on here?
Here is a list of things that i have tried.

1. I post on the thumbshare forum at least once a week on 15 threads if possible.
2. Whenever someone favs my work i reply with a thank you or some sort of comment.
3. When I fav other peoples works i reply with a comment (mostly positive comments).
4. I join groups that are according to specific subjects of art that i do and try to join groups with a large amount of watchers.

I've been on here for like 7 years already and I don't feel i have any presence online here. I can't seem to connect with the professional art community on here. Most of the people who view my work are kids. I see some people on here who have like ridiculous views and favorites on art that is not even part of any group. What are they doing that i am not? It seems like the artworld on here is so saturated and really hard to get noticed.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconshininginthedarkness:
From looking at this thread, it sounds like you've done everything but actually talk to people!
:iconlegendarysuperman:
LegendarySuperman Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
:iconstnk13::iconsaysplz:I log into dA and post art sometimes, why doesn't anybody notice me!!? :crying:
:iconshininginthedarkness:
A deviant said to the website, "Sir, I have an account!"
The website replied "That does not however create in me a sense of obligation."
:iconlegendarysuperman:
LegendarySuperman Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
And the deviant cried "That's not fair!" :ohnoes:
This was very helpful. Thank you.
:iconmkr:
mkr Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Professional General Artist
Make interesting comments. Be helpful. Improve your art. The rest will take care of itself.
Thanks everyone i appreciate the help with this. I guess i have been concentrating too much on producing art and not enough on participating in the community on here. Which makes more sense to me now after really looking at the numbers.
:iconprosaix:
prosaix Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012
149 cmments in 7 years. You aren't active, why would you expect people to leave you comments when you aren't ready t odo the same? You aren't yumeii or something.
Add a Comment: