Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
December 28, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 66

what types of bullying have you experienced?

:icongallantdrifter:
GallantDrifter Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Student
Hi guys :D

So yeah, I'm just curious, what types of bullying have you experienced? And, maybe, if you were able to overcome it, you can mention that as well.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconsingagainsoon:
singagainsoon Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I went to this tiny little private school until seventh grade, and all of the little girls who ended up in my class stayed in my class the entire time I was at the school. The main girl was younger than me by one day, and she never liked me. I never understood why, because I never did anything to her. In kindergarten, she got her friends to trip me as I got onto the school bus. The one time I fell and got a concussion. There was a lot of senseless verbal bullying from her and her friends. It didn't bother me at first, but even when we got into higher grades, she still did it. I used to make myself throw up so I could stay home from school, and I had horrible separation anxiety so I cried a lot. I was fair game. I had frizzy, curly hair and I got better grades than she did. I hung out with some weird kids because I had been taught to be kind to everyone no matter what they looked like.

After I transferred schools at the beginning of eighth grade and went to a public school, I didn't get bullied anymore. The people there were more accepting and I got less weird looking as that year went on. I made a lot of friends and learned that not all people are so terrible to each other. I still don't hang around with any girls, but the ones I've been around in class don't have any problems with me. The girl from my old school still gives me dirty looks I she sees me at the mall or the gricery store but I ignore her.
:iconrustyironmonger:
rustyironmonger Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Emotional bullying
Physical bullying
Police brutality
Mental-hospital staff brutality
Prisoner abuse
Sexual harassment
Trolling
Cyberbullying
:icondinysrawr:
dinysrawr Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Someone once spread a rumour about me that I was pregnant. That's probably the extent of it (:
I confronted them about it and they denied it so I smashed the main girls cell phone.

I saw my younger sister get bullied a lot, and for a while I ignored it. Then one day I got really upset that they were treating her like that (because she's a bit loopy) and told them where to shove it. It eased the bullying a little but yea.. It's weird though because as she got older, she became a bully.
:iconeperlekvar:
eperlekvar Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
I was a shy girl with a lot of acne. My teeth were ugly, so I got braces. Aaand, my eyes were bad, so I got even glasses. I was the real Ugly Betty. The boys from my class used to laugh at me, they throwed little rubber balls into my face, and said that 'we hope your teeth are better now'. And once, a boy ran to me on the street, and shouted: how ugly she is!
So after these things, if somebody laughs near me, I think it's because of me... Soul never heals itself..
:iconworldwar-tori:
WorldWar-Tori Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012   General Artist
I was 'bullied' in school a bit, I feel bad calling it bullied since I didn't really care that much but either way; the normal name calling and rumors from the stupid little girls I went to school with and the couple guys who somehow though they were cool 'cause they were 'stronger' than a girl... :shrug:
:iconclaycowboys:
ClayCowboys Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Professional Writer
Does a bear crap in the woods? ;) I was a weird kid with bad hair, bad clothes, and bad acne who spent all of my spare time reading and I cried when people ripped on me, so I was fair game. It wasn't until I got to high school and started ignoring people when they started leaving me alone. Plus, there was always Becky, who reacted and threw violent temper tantrums, so she took a the negative attention away from me. I had one girl call me a "bitch" my senior year, but other than that, by the time I was seventeen, eighteen, people left me alone.

Next year is my ten year reunion. I can't wait to r.s.v.p. and say, "Sorry, folks. I'm going to Scotland instead." Boosh! Maybe this is specious reasoning, but I think most people would prefer to travel to another country instead of attending their - shudder - ten-year high school reunion.
:iconmoxiee:
moxiee Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
The only time I was bullied was when a guy at school claimed me as his slave and told everyone I would get my ass kicked if I didn't do what he told me but it didn't last long.
:iconendeavor-to-freefall:
Nothing I take personally really. All the fights I've had were generally bored people looking for something to do, could've been anybody and I was just there at the time. I never had a persistent bully at school, I lost a couple fights with sixthformers when I was in year 8 and 9 but nothing ever happened after that :shrug:
:iconami-magane:
Ami-Magane Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I only got bullied when I changed schools and started to attend a primary school. Got a lot of verbal bullying, but I got my revenge by going crazy and making dents in the tables with chairs and I even swung one girl into a lamp post. Neverhless after a few years when I finally learned to ignore them (basically because they drove me into depression) they became nice and I didn't have much problems after that.

Now I'm in techincal school and I'm the only girl in my class. The first year I got a lot of attention some funny insults, but this year I got more insults than last year, but I see that they don't really mean it, so I quietly forgive them.
:iconcookienerd:
CoOkIeNeRd Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Verbal. When i was younger kids used to make fun of me because i was very shy and i hardly used to say something. People have mistaken me for stupid instead of shy. So they started to put me nicknames and all that stuff...

But i changed and now they..somehow..stopped all that bullying.There are some idiots that still make fun of me but it is better than when i was younger...
I also made 2-3 friends , and i used to have none XD
:iconlady-ryaque:
Lady-Ryaque Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Student General Artist
I used to have a crush on this guy. He was a bad-boy of course, the kind EVERY girl falls for you know? Well, I told my friend about my crush without realizing she was going to tell this guys ex-girlfriend (who happens to hate me). So, when the ex heard someone else liked him, she spread rumors about me. First it was just that we were dating, then it escalated to I was pregnant with his kid when I was about 14. -_-" I was really upset about it, but my friend didn't believe the rumors and stayed by my side. People would come up to me and ask if I was pregnant, and before I could even reply my friends set them straight. Eventually people just forgot the rumors and I felt better, but if it wasn't for my friends, I don't think I would've come through the whole bullying mess very well.
:iconnosugarjustanger:
nosugarjustanger Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012
Ah oh yes, those high school girls who used to tease me for my frizzy hair and my boobs? Puberty did me justice - they added me on FB and I added them for the lulz - now they're fat and ugly. Karma's a bitch and they deserve it! 8-)
:iconnosugarjustanger:
nosugarjustanger Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012
I've been bullied intermittently in school. Some of the girls would steal my stationery and destroy my books. :(

I got back at them before by stealing their books during break time while they were playing, and chucked them in the bin. :meow: They got punished by the teachers for "not doing their homework" :D
:iconbarnowlgurl23:
barnowlgurl23 Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
If there was no more bullying things would be a lot better
:iconnml-photography:
NML-Photography Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
As bad as it may sound, but bullying makes people take action and do things they may never had done if they were not bullied, like me for example, I may have not ever taken up Karate if I wasn't bullied. Though bullying is most definitely not nice.
That's so true
I was overweight when I was being bullied, Karate helped me get into shape, and oddly enough people left me alone then, I still got called names, but they didn't try and pick a fight any more. :D
That's good that they don't bully you anymore
Well I did leave school over tens years ago lol. ;)
Cool I graduated in 2009
Verbal, almost daily in my life, I tend to shrug it off now.

When I was at school verbal and physical bulling, use to get into fights all the time, most the time I was ganged up on.

Since I started doing Karate back in 1999, I've had no trouble since, well still get the verbal crap, but that's all it is, just crap, so I shrug it off. :)
:iconjericawinters:
JericaWinters Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012
I ratted them out to teachers--every single time, even over small things. I even complained on behalf of other victims. Super snitch to the rescue. :la:
:iconsauti-alamisi:
Sauti-Alamisi Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Verbal bulling. Biggie in my life. Happens all the time. Even judged and bullied by the younger age, because they are little shits that thinks no one else is different but me. People also called me ugly because I was from a different country. But being called retarded was the main reason I hate San Diegans.

I also suffer from Sexual Harassment. Being called something boob related, like milk. Got annoying. It doesn't happen often anymore, but being annoyed by some dude that thought I liked in this subject him is a problem.

I have a shitty life. :lol: I still suffer from lots of Verbal Harassment.
:iconuranus-seventhsun:
Uranus-seventhsun Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist
Nothing too serious, although I was socially awkward and had few or no friends for most of my school life. Oh, and had a younger and popular sister in the same grade who made it clear I wasn't cool enough to hang out with her.

Usually exclusion, being ignored and ostracised, with the occasional sniggers when I committed a faux pas. Fortunately, I didn't care most of the time.

I got called a freak for taking out a spider for a group of girls at camp. I didn't want it to get killed. Didn't get a word of thanks, of course. I wasn't worthy of thanks.

Copped it worse at work; he was my supervisor, and I worked under him from ages 14-21. Most of the time it went over my head like water off a duck's back; I thought he was a typical stupid jock even though he was in college. He did make me cry a couple times, though.
:iconcup-of-javo:
Cup-of-Javo Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012
I was bullied throughout most of my life and got into many fist fights to prove it. :lol: Also, tons of trips to the principals' and counselors' offices. In class, I'm generally that mouse in the back of the room that doesn't talk, so I guess people saw it as a sign of weakness and tried to start shit with me (though I'm sure one dude was just a racist douchebag). I like to think that I turned out normal if not socially awkward and distrusting of people. I still have anger towards some of my tormentors but now most of that shit's in the past and I don't dwell on it too much.
:iconcelestialsheep:
CelestialSheep Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I know this won't count as bullying to you guys and gals...

But over the years in high school, there was about 8 - 12 girls who wanted to date me. Being that I only cared about college and didn't want to waste my time with such stupid things as dating in high school... I rejected every single advance. Multiple advances on the majority of girls mind you.

And here is the bullying part. I let them be friends, spent the usual effort on friendship, and once their brains FINALLY clicked "Oh hey, this guy really isn't interested" they ditched. Every. Single. One of them. When they gave up hope on me, they stopped talking entirely.

That, is bullying in my opinion. All that money wasted on birthday gifts... They might as well have gave me wedgies and stole my lunch money.
:iconjuliabohemian:
Juliabohemian Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012
That would be more interesting if you were gay.
CelestialSheep Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I did have some people harass me by calling me gay, but I made short work of those people... Oh how easy it is to toy with the mentally insignificant.
:iconjuliabohemian:
Juliabohemian Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012
There was this cute guy in my high school that many girls would follow around. He was very nice to them. Most of his friends were girls. He never returned their affections, of course. It was clear to me -at the time- that he was gay. Why they didn’t realize this, I don’t know.
CelestialSheep Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
And let me guess. The moment they found out they decided to just forget all the hard work and effort spent on them and just ditch without saying another word. OH WOMEN.
:iconorangekrissy:
OrangeKrissy Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012
In high school a girl who was kind of popular used to call me moon face because I had acne, and she was pretty. She always made faces and acted like she was me and was trying to rip her face off to get rid of the acne. I was already really self conscious about my looks so it really hurt. One day in gym class she was in her underwear talking to another girl at the lockers. I came up behind her with a wet towel and snapped her as hard as I could on her ass. The sound of contact was so rewarding. She dropped to the floor and howled and began to cry from the pain. I just threw the towel in her face and walked away. After I rounded the corner I got panicky thinking I would get in trouble and would get suspended or something. But no one ever said anything and the next day she kept clear of me and never said anything to me the rest of the year, or which I was really happy for. I became a kind of cult heroine to the underdogs who were not popular and just ones who kept to themselves.
:icondelkkat:
Delkkat Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Student Digital Artist
PFFT LOL this made me laugh so hard. Nice job sticking up to her! I don't think I might have had the courage, but then again I was never bullied...
But seriously, you're awesome. XD
:iconpyonkotchi96:
pyonkotchi96 Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Nothing too severe. I've been called ugly a few times and had boys make fun of me for being flat chested. That didn't affect me too much. I did cry once in seventh grade when the boy I liked was making fun of my flat chest. But it wasn't a big deal. I was just young and being melodramatic. The worst I've ever experienced was when I entered ninth grade and this girl that I had never spoken a single word to before in my life started saying all these mean things about me for no reason. We had art class together and she would sit at the table across from mine and talk about me as if I couldn't hear her. She mostly just called me ugly, made fun of my hair, and gave me strange nicknames. I haven't had any more issues since then. Luckily for me, I was never really bullied too severely. Just some minor verbal abuse. xD
:icondelkkat:
Delkkat Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Wow, I've always hated people who do that 'passive-aggressive' stuff, honestly, if they're going to be a bitch, at least do it to my face. I would've said, "takes one to know one." anyways.
:iconpyonkotchi96:
pyonkotchi96 Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Mhm, me too. I know, my thoughts exactly!
:iconmaltese101:
maltese101 Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Student General Artist
I think I have never been bullied before..

Yep, I keep my weirdness to myself.
:iconword-witch:
Word-Witch Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Verbal. I'm very sensitive and would cry a lot when I was younger, and I was teased and called a crybaby all the time. Also for how I looked and spoke (I have a faint lisp) up until grade 8. But I realized I am beautiful with the help of some new friends and now I'm cocky little thing with maybe too much confidence nowadays ;P
:iconskullwarrior13:
skullwarrior13 Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Elementary school: No bullying, I guess because I was a weirdo and I would play DBZ fights with my friends. (Like fake kamehameha blasts)
Middle School: 6th grade: Big fat kid with low self esteem would hit me for no reason after I was nice to him ONCE. At the bustop, two guys take turns grabbing me by the backpack and spinning me around, one of them takes a water bottle full of ice and hits me on the head.
7th grade: Kid asks if I want a starburst, I say sure, he gives it to me. Next day, he asks "where's the money?", I tell him he gave it to for free so he grabs my backpack and steals my water bottle.

8th grade: One guy acts gay towards me and somehow everyone thinks I'm gay for backing away from him or denying him. Wtf.

And after that, I decided showing emotion to these people has gotten me no where, being nice or being open only led to suffering for YEARS. So starting 9th grade, I became apathetic and would keep to myself and it was wondrous. Not a soul talked to me, it was like a dream. Such a euphoric year ^_^
:iconspaniardwithknives:
SpaniardWithKnives Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
A popular group of rich, stuck up girls decided it would be funny to harass me because my clothes were not nice and my car was old as fuck. It escalated from insults until they decided I did not belong to that school and they were determined to make me leave..., by beating me up. apparently it was not the first time they harass somebody like me. I stood out as the one who did not mix up with the crowds and avoided school gossip.

The day they attacked me in a pack of six, they realized I was crazy and I did too, a crazyness I did not know I had. I messed up three of them in a fight despite receiving a severe beating myself. When I found out bullies alone are the worst cowards in life I took pleasure in hunting some of them back down. I was later on perceived as crazy and did not have to deal with bullies anymore, or at least, they did not have the guts to attack me directly.

One of the bullies failed a grade some time later and ended up in my class. :iconevilgrinplz:, Oh boy, I scared the shit out of that bitch for the whole year.

Last year I went to the high school reunion and met again two of them. Their lives are messed up by now.
:iconwatchherfly:
WatchHerFly Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012
I'm not quite sure why, but this brute kid once mistook me for someone from his daycare in second grade. I had no idea who he was, but he'd always come up to me, and say "I know you. You're from Boys and Girls club and you always STEAL!" And would pull me off the swing and kick me in the dirt. He once hit me in the face with a handball, which made me fall over and skin my knees. And then he helped me up, and pushed me over again. :lol:
He was just MEAN.

Of course, after a while I had had enough of his crap so I punched him square in the nose. Never gave me a problem again. Go figure!
:iconramuramu:
ramuramu Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Some girls from the same year as me once started calling me stupid things and would make barfing sounds when I walked past them.
After a month or so I'd had enough, so I ended up freaking out at the worse one of them.
And they never spoke to me again, heheh. :iconheplz:

Otherwise, I have been lucky and avoided bullying. I know that some people find me strange, but I mind my business, they mind their business and that's that. I don't leave an impression on most people. :>
:iconcustardandpie:
CustardAndPie Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Oh no, not elementary school. . . *shudders*

I suffered a severe emotional bullying (*cough*AlexandraTouch*cough*) with a little bit of physical thrown in (Touching me to transfer the "Touch" to another person).

It went on ruthlessly from 3rd to 5th grade. Needless to say, I came down with depression in 5th grade because of those assholes. I'm glad my classmates have forgotten about it now. . .
:iconvanhir:
Vanhir Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Most kinds of bullying throughout secondary school both for being nerdy as hell and bisexual. I dealt with them by straight-up dealing with it. It sort of meant that the years I spent in secondary school were some of the worst in my life but... Yeah. :shrug:
:iconkankitsuru:
kankitsuru Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Student Digital Artist
This is actually kind of funny, but in 8th grade a huge girl named Jayleen grabbed my shirt and slammed me against a locker forcing me to be her bff.. haha.
ramuramu Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
^I found this very funny. :'D

How did it end up then?
kankitsuru Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Student Digital Artist
My math teacher saw her picking me up in the hallways and screamed, "Jayleen!!! PUT THAT GIRL DOWN!" hahaha i stood there and laughed
ramuramu Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Lool, I'd like to have seen that.
Jayleen does sound a bit terrifying though. > ▽ > )
kankitsuru Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Student Digital Artist
SHE WAS ENORMOUS, ah such memories... haha
:iconsmokin9mirrors:
smokin9mirrors Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I was the bully. I grew out of it. I can't think of anyone bullying me in particular. 
:iconjade-abarai-kat:
Jade-Abarai-Kat Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
i like to bully the bullies thus making me into a bully that needs another bully to back down from bulling.
Add a Comment: