HOW DO PEOPLE DO THIS?!?!?!?

Okay so I've stated to get serious with my art and there is this one technique that i've been admiring that really boggles my mind:
[link]

[link]

THESE ARE DONE IN PHOTOSHOP! They are so beautiful and whimsical but I really don't know how they do that-i mean the crayon/watercolor/what-ever-that-is-called-style of coloring.
I cant find any brushes,I've asked-they haven't answered(and i don't want to push it), and I know it's not traditional because the ones posted in DA are listed as digital instead of traditional. If ANYONE knows how to do this (in any way--digital or traditional), has the brushes, or is willing to make a tut, I WILL LOVE YOU AND FAV/COMMENT ON THE BEAUTY OF YOUR SOUL.
Comments15
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I see you've reposted this in the right place so I'll lock this one for you - anyone that can help can do so here: [link] :) :lock:
smh. Bippity boppity booranium
UH... SCIENCE. :U
I can't do photoshop for shit so... I'm going to assume magic.
I can live with that
:shrug: They're either using custom brushes or blending textures.
Seems like a chalk brush mostly, if I had to take a quick guess.
Chalk is the onlything i've seen that come close but not quite close enough but i'm sure i'll find one thanx
You want the Digital Art forum further down.

It's just overlaying textures with blend modes. Nothing special. You just need to get the right textures.
I'm sorry, i'm completely new to this forum and i don't pay attention well, Ugh now i'm going to have to look *that* up,thanks!
OMIGOSH that sounds so sarcastic when i reread it! I'm so sorry i was meant to be sincere.
lol I didn't think it was sarcastic, so you're all good.