Closed to new replies
December 24, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 118

THE HOLIDAYS THE HORROR

:iconlaurart:
laurart Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012
I have the pleasure of being a hermit who spends the holidays alone. I don't have to suffer annoying relatives and uncomfortable situations during these "celebrations"...so tell me, what is the worst for you at this time of year? That awful uncle who never pays for anything but eats and drinks like there's no tomorrow? That senile grandma who asks about dead people as if they were alive? Your dad's new girlfriend? ...tell them...

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconwizardofunseen:
WizardOfUnseen Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
When I was staying with my parents, my relatives would drop by during festival times and annoy the shit out of me The amount of annoying questions and advices they used to give :iconangryplz:
:iconsimple-minds:
simple-minds Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Hobbyist
Used to have a grand time at Crissy; church, getting to see the family, exchanging gifts.

That was before all the nieces and nephews multiplied, resentments set in, and buying presents for everyone became a burden instead of a joy. Before the commercilism and silly mutilated versions of carols became more and more obnoxious and earlier with every passing year.

Now I live in a different country. After getting major reverse culture shock at my last Aussie Chrissy, I refused to spend another in a Western country ever again. I felt I was in Frankenstienland with sugar.

Now I just go to church, send a coupla Chrissy cards, maybe see a friend for lunch, and look forward to escaping the freezing cold for a warmer destination for two months.
:iconbiggcaz:
BiggCaZ Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
Being all growed up, I don't have to celebrate anything I don't want to, but there's this little woman was in the tree by my window for days during the holidays until I passed out after drinking some funny tea... Now I have a burn scar on my thigh. Looks kind of like an "L." :(
laurart Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
Well, just because you don't celebrate it, doesn't mean I can't have a bit of fun of my own :(

See, now I make tattoos too. You're my first one :flirty:
:iconbiggcaz:
BiggCaZ Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
Stop marking me! Do you have any idea how much it costs for the surgery to get them removed?!
:iconjoeyv7:
joeyv7 Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012
I lucked out this year, and got a 'pass' on the family Christmas. But that's a first, not likely to be repeated . . . I guess what really grates about the holidays is my time is no longer my own, for at least 2 weeks, and I always have to be 'on' :bored:
What do you mean your time is no longer your own?
:iconjoeyv7:
joeyv7 Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013
Have to be with family, all festive, when at heart I'd rather be on my own, painting :shrug:
:iconsiantjudas:
siantjudas Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012   Digital Artist
Do you have to like shave your head and wear the weird potato sack thing to be a hermit?
No. Dear god NO D:
Add a Comment: