Closed to new replies
December 24, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 6

Best Christmas Present :-)

:iconnonowhat:
NoNoWhat Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Since it's Christmas .. What is the best Christmas present you have received? :)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icongemdrop:
Gemdrop Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
This year?
a new moisturizer. Looooove it. It's perfect for my skin :heart:
:iconamyrose104:
I asked my dad for a Tablet PC
:icondj0hybrid:
DJ0Hybrid Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
It was actually two last year. (For my family,) we order the things we want. Last year, I put a nice, Android tablet as my first choice and a good computer monitor as my second. I needed the tablet as my laptop died the second time and I needed a new computer to take notes in class for but I was hating every idea of a laptop. Then I also could have really used a monitor as I was using a tiny TV (bad for reading or typing anything text) and a massive TV (text size versuses needed distance gets bad, so everything is still hard to read, not to mention that typing and using the mouse is a pain.) Both together was expensive and probably not going to happen, so I was ready to have to spend money for an alternative for one of the two (which I really didn't want to do.)

Come the time I come home for Christmas, I noticed a giant box but with no tag. I figured that it was a monitor (that, or my sister asked for something big.) By Christmas morning, I got to open the big box and, yep, a monitor. Exactly what I asked for. Later, I was then handed a smaller box. No idea what it could be (because truth be told, it was in the box it was mailed in,) I opened it to find a stiff, black box with a bronze colored device on the front. I got a tablet.

I was glad that I got both that I didn't care that I only got one other thing on my list (that I can remember anyways.)
:iconwwwjam:
wwwjam Dec 24, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Cash.

No, seriously. As greedy as that sounds, that's the best gift I've ever received and still usually get some every Christmas (and Birthday).
You see, I'm frugal- I save 90% of what I'm given/earn, as I have no current need to spend it. The last time I spent a bunch of money was on my first car, and it was a damned good deal.

I rarely spend money on things I don't need. I'm saving it for a good downpayment on a decent home once I move out. That, or I'll be financially secure in a good apartment. Whatever the case when I move out, I know I'll have a good stock of cash waiting for a rainy day.

Cash is such a good gift to me because it all goes toward my future wellbeing.
:iconwwwjam:
wwwjam Dec 24, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Oh, and I figure if people are going to spend money on me anyway, I'd rather be able to pick what I want.
Forgot that bit of information.
:iconkatara-alchemist:
Katara-Alchemist Dec 24, 2012  Student General Artist
Last year my mom helped me pay for a ten day trip to France and Spain in the spring.
Add a Comment: