Those rats

I've noticed there are a lot of rat lovers on DA.
Domesticated rats are cute, and so are mice, but I just loathe the ones that run wild.

There was a rat in my home just a few weeks ago, and it was horrible. Imagine you have an creature that is carrying billions of bacteria, running rampant and crapping in your food?? Or crapping anywhere, really.

We finally caught the rat, of course, but we did not kill it. We let it go somewhere far,far away.

I just want to ask, WHY do you actually like these things??
Comments129
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Domestic Rats are really sweet and are just like hamsters or any other small rodent people keep.

They have there own personalities and become very loving as they get to know you.. I've owned rats in the past and they were wonderful pets!
Domesticated rats are not my favourite creatures but I don't have a problem with them.
But if I see one of those big mutant canal rats someone near me I would scream my lungs out. The feeling would be unspeakable, I don't even wanna imagine what it would be.
That was how I felt when that rat lunged at me fron under the desk. I didn't even notice it was there until it jumped on my leg. Scary
They are very intelligent and some say they bond with their owners way stronger than a dog would.
I would've really loved to own one myself but can't because of quarantine for my future career..
This is why I have a cat. So she will and has brought to me the dead corpses of several.

And she doesn't stop there, that large and limber kitty of violent and obligate carnivorous nature, she would kill birds, rabbits, moles, chickmunks, squirrels, and even the indigenous and harmless fruit bats that would be about. She would have the half-eaten corpses rot at our porch. It's practically a chore to clean it all up. If anything I have an idea to feed my future cats in this manner, to get feeder mice and let them act on their hunter instincts and fashions.

So cute, these mammals are.
I am so glad you didn't kill the critter!
Some people don't seem to get that anything that is alive has just as much of a right to live as they themselves do, no matter its form or appearance.
^_^ It is probably wandering around somewhere else.
I had dissection a long while ago with a rat so right now I can't even think of one.
It was okay I did everything right. But in the end we were allowed freedom to do what we wished and after seeing what people did... it wasn't so good.
We had to dissect a cow's eye. Put me off beef for a while, but I still like it.
I think I had a pig heart and a sheep eye.
We hap pig heart and cow eye XD
lol close enough!
Because they're small and fuzzy with large eyes, and they squeak. It's not that complicated.
Well I guess pet rats are innoculated. Something like how dogs and cats are done.
Can you potty train a rat??
I just read that you can
I live in a rat-free zone where it's illegal to have pet rats. I've only ever seen one in the zoo. She was kinda cute.
Where do you live??
Alberta, Canada as of now.
moving to canada NOW lol