Artists = Crazy?

Do you agree?
Comments62
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
We are all Insane in our own way! :)
Art is my anti-drug, but the drug is prozac.

j/k. Artists seem to be a normal enough bunch, although if it seems more of them have mental issues it could be they're just more open about it (since creating and sharing art, I think, does tend to necessitate an open-ness). Although creativity leading toward artistry could be a chemical thing that affects other processes as well.
I'm the only one who's not crazy.
agree on what? who are you? why are you in my house? what happened to my pants?!?! oh, oh wait this isn't my house.
!hahahha wow :la:

that was a bit too graphic.

sorry about eating all your cheese though it was yummy rofl
Cheese? Cheesus Christ!!!!
I think everyone is crazy, always, every day, forever
Once I read an article stating that Sigmund Freud and other psychologists believed that the artists' inspiration came from childhood trauma and unsolved psychological conflits... And he saw artists as fundamentally special... :iconicameplz:

Now I gotta go, I have to cut off my nose to draw a self portrait :p
Nobody is normal. Everybody is weird. It's simply a matter of degree and perspective.
Well, if splattering cheapo Crayola watercolors on drawing paper counts, then yeah, I'm crazy. :lmao: Otherwise, artists can be perfectly normal people. Somewhat childish, but normal.
Well, it depends on the person. I wouldn't call it crazy, I would call it creative! :la:
Geniality is often confused with insanity :omg:
:icontrueplz:

That's a true statement xD
No. We are quite normal. :iconyougotmeplz:
All artists, such as myself, have completely split their loop. Why paint a chair when you can sit on a real one?
The percentage of mentally ill people is probably about the same for all the careers out there but this is just my guess; I don't have any statistics.
glad to know my surgeon is as competent as that janitor I always see mumbling to himself angrily, very reassuring
Many mentally ill people are "high functioning." No need to panic.
so mental illness is common across the board of all mainstream professions?
It's just a guess...maybe I should google it and see what stats comes up. There are probably careers that have higher percentages of certain illness, higher than art. I would say the police and military are hard hit by health issues like depression and post-traumatic stress syndrome.
I'd say they're more likely to have a highly evolved case of special snowflake syndrome...