Statistics

Replies: 25

How to get more popular on deviantART?

:icondevil-thedeviant:
Devil-TheDeviant Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Should I create a facebook page?

Should I comment on whatever I like?

Please give tips.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icon0effort:
0effort Featured By Owner Dec 17, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
do the exact opposite of what I'm doing, that'll probably work.
:iconsaxeh:
saxeh Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
:iconboobofdeathplz:
:iconcivyx:
Civyx Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
Give everyone a llama. everyone.
Then they are pretty much forced to check out your stuff.
Like you did.
:iconakihua:
akihua Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Hobbyist
I wanted to say the same thing that `priteeboy said,only shorter.:)
:iconvanhir:
Vanhir Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
You're gonna have to sacrifice some prostitutes to Khjly'xeh. I hope you're okay with that.
:icondavid-essex:
David-Essex Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012
:iconrequiemachina:
Requiemachina Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012
draw what people like, comment, fave, get involved with the community.
:icongashu-monsata:
Gashu-Monsata Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Aside from the obvious "draw fanart" advice, I think a very good tactic is to make the thumbnails look as good and as clear as you can. I mean, you could draw an amazing picture but if the thumbnail looks shitty, people tend not to look =P
thx
:iconprosaix:
prosaix Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012
Take pictures of yourself naked when you're old enough to put it up.
That's for girls.
prosaix Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012
:iconsleep1plz::iconsleep2plz:
:iconhamburgerhelperplz:
HamburgerHelperPlz Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012
Male genitalia shots actually draw quite a few pageviews. It's rare, but it's there.
:iconcivyx:
Civyx Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
this, too
prosaix Featured By Owner Dec 17, 2012
:iconhairfixplz:
:iconksxzt:
KSXZT Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Put it up or get it up?
:icongourmetprince:
GourmetPrince Featured By Owner Dec 17, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
:rofl:
prosaix Featured By Owner Dec 17, 2012
:iconhairfixplz:
:iconskyfire2008:
SkyFire2008 Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
1) Draw fanart.
2) Submit it to shitloads of groups.
3) ??????
4) PROFIT.
:iconvaliawolfie:
ValiaWolfie Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I don't feel that being a tryhard about it is really the right way to get more famous owo"
But :iconpriteeboy: did make a really good point.
And if you're wanting to get more watchers, or just attention from other deviants in general.. Commenting on stuff is the best way :3 if someone comments on some of my work or topic, I'll be curious and check out their gallery. :3 sometimes I'll watch people just cause I like them, but usually it will be for the art.
Fan-art also helps. If you like something that's kinda well known, making fan-art of it is likely to get more attention.
At least my fan-art seems to get a lot more attention than my original owo" for the most part.
But more than anything. just keep working on improvement, the more you improve the more likely people are to notice your work.
:iconcrystalgoldfinch:
CrystalGoldfinch Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Professional General Artist
:yawn:
:iconpriteeboy:
priteeboy Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Normally I'd write paragraphs about this but I'm feeling lazy tonight and will put it in bullet-points:

:bulletblue: First and most important of all - create art that people want to see. Easier said than done, but then again anything worthwhile is. Practice hard and try to think of stuff that's original and eye-catching in both looks and concept. Some fan-art doesn't hurt either - but don't start doing fan-art if you're going to be one of those people who ends up complaining about how it gets the most attention in your gallery, since likely will be the case.
:bulletgreen: Comment a lot. This becomes even more valuable if your work isn't enough to reel people in on its own. The more stuff you comment on, the more things you have your username and avatar attached to. Comment not only artworks, but also journals, news articles, forums, whatever. If you can think of anything to say about the art/topic at all, just say it. Only skip comments if you really have nothing to say, not because you can't be bothered.
:bulletyellow: And make those comments stand out. Nobody is going to care about another generic "wow, this is cool!" comment, or at least not enough to bother seeing who made it and return the favour. Write something thoughtful that states something about what's actually in there. Something more than five words that could be copy-pasted onto anything else. And don't add "can you check out my gallery" to the end of your comments either. To those on the receiving end, it reeks of desperation.
:bulletred: Pay attention to the level of response you get from certain submissions or actions. If there's a drop in the comments and faves you get in your latest submission then clearly people aren't that interested in seeing more like it as they are with what you had before. But then again, if you liked that one most, and enjoyed making it and want to do more, that should mean more to you than popularity.
:icontuco-sonofathousand:
Tuco-SonOfAThousand Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012
Just let it happen. Look at Tuco. I never dreamed I would become this popular in a matter of hours. Favorited, watched by the dozen. - Tuco
Add a Comment: