is DA dying ?

According to my poll over at the group Target View [link]
More than 1/3 of the DA users uses other sites more often than DA

What do you think ?
Is DA dying because of sites like Facebook anf Tumblr ?
Comments185
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
If dA dies my life is over.. T_T

Okay maybe I m too over reacting but I just love art and that is why I love to hang out at this site and talk with people. :la:
*yes I m a rabbit from Finland.*
Yeah I don't see DA dying out anytime soon.
I think DA is positively bustling with activity.
Doesn't seem to be dying to me. It might have changed a bit, with regards to the population, but that happens to most sites that get a large population.
Nope, been here for over 2 years and so I can say that it is not dying. The landscape has changed a bit with the influx of people who care less about art and turn it into a popularity contest.
oh, it better not be! I love DA!
DA will never actually die, All of the people who joined here as a faddy thing will fade away and leave just those of us who care about the proper use of DA.  The site was actually better when it had a smaller population.
dA dying? Nope. As long as there's art, dA's alive.:la: Facederp is boring.:|
Deviantart still looks strong to me, Hi, im Vyel I joined Deviantart towards the end of last year. You're right about facebook though, almost everyone is on it. Except me.
I don't think it's dying. Maybe the site's original intent is dying because people are using dA like Myspace or Photobucket. But, this site *has* become a bigger target for trolls.
!RiONX: Yes, i think it's time for a regime change
I don't think it's necessarily dying.
I do think people get bored and take (sometimes extended) breaks from it, and it makes it seem like the place is lagging if you often communicate with those people.
I don't think it dies, but I notice facepoop is getting too much attention and everyone moves to there, some people even think it's the whole internet.
i can't blame them, everybody i know of, is on facebook
Art in general is dying. Well.. maybe it's just very ill. Not many really seem to care that much about it anymore, maybe in Europe and Japan they do, but everywhere else, nope (I'm talking in the mainstream society here, just generalising from my experiences, please correct me if I'm wrong, that would be a good thing!!).
Facebook and every other form of "social" media only add to the flames, burning anything beautiful and unique. They're designed to sell advertising and catalogue what people are interested in ("Like this now!"), like some messed up sci-fi novel, only it's real life! They're big mechanical whales piloted by sharks in suits, swallowing anything and everything they can.
I contend that the main negativity comes from the materialistic, egocentric, technologically dependent, ugly, turd-brained, over-conditioned, mentally and spiritually undernourished culture people are being brought up in and not learning to break free from it and think for themselves.
This site is great and serves as a testament to all the great artists who exhibit there work and passion and love on here.
In the words of Danny DeVito in "Twins",
"Money talks, and bullshit walks."
end rant
So two thirds ARE using it more than other websites...Honestly I'm surprised it's that many.
It's an art website. Facebook isn't.
well make that 60 percent now
Still...With the fact that the number of people on DA are actually increasing daily I think it's unlikely that it will die.
Everything in the universe is dying, its just a matter of at what rate. It could be slowly losing user-ship, but i don't have the statistics and figures to confirm noticeable loss of users.