Closed to new replies
December 11, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 152

Swedish stereotypes?

:iconhkepoetry:
hkepoetry Dec 11, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Stereotypes can be somewhat amusing, no matter what it's about. But sometimes they can be weird and not make any sense at all. :)

One of the most common stereotypes I've heard about Swedes is that we are tall, blonde, blue-eyed and good-looking. One weird stereotype I've heard is that we love cheese. :XD: Another common stereotype is that we are very polite.

What stereotypes have you heard about Swedes? :)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpaintingsaint:
PaintingSaint Dec 20, 2012   Digital Artist
I've heard that they're blond haired and blue eyed, that they're extremely liberal, and that they like their saunas. They also have a sing-songy language, and talk like the Swedish chef. ;)
:iconnyahcat:
since I'm a finn, I know plenty of negative stereotypes : D but I think you have heard all of them
:iconskyhndx:
skyhndx Dec 15, 2012
A swede I used to chat with once worked as a trick rider and acrobat in a french circus. He trained and rode Arabian horses. When he was a boy his dad called him, "liten apa". I haven't heard much about Swedish stereotypes so I have no clue if anything he ever said about himself would be considered a stereotype. ...other than the fact that his name was Jonas and he said you pronounce that as Yonas. :bucktooth:
:iconferaltao:
VERY sensitive about all kinds of stuff.
Liberal but like to blame shit on the government.
:iconpandaharen:
Never talk to anyone unless you know them. That is one of the few reasons I love this country. If someone tries to talk to me at the bus, I could just brush him off as a drunkard or a madman.
:icongemdrop:
Gemdrop Dec 14, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Gay men, pretty women. Also, all finnish swedes are rich and snobby.

Also, 6-1 :iconteheplz:
hkepoetry Dec 14, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
No, no and no. :D

6-1? :confused:
:icongemdrop:
Gemdrop Dec 14, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
No kidding?

Oh you know what I mean :stare:
:iconbullet-magnet:
There's the Swedish Chef, but he sounds Norwegian to me.
hkepoetry Dec 14, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Hahaha! :XD:
Well, it's nothing like Swedish, that I can assure you. :XD: And not Norwegian either, to tell you the truth. It's just plain old gibberish. :nod: Yup.
Add a Comment: