Closed to new replies
December 11, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 152

Swedish stereotypes?

:iconhkepoetry:
hkepoetry Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Stereotypes can be somewhat amusing, no matter what it's about. But sometimes they can be weird and not make any sense at all. :)

One of the most common stereotypes I've heard about Swedes is that we are tall, blonde, blue-eyed and good-looking. One weird stereotype I've heard is that we love cheese. :XD: Another common stereotype is that we are very polite.

What stereotypes have you heard about Swedes? :)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpaintingsaint:
PaintingSaint Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2012   Digital Artist
I've heard that they're blond haired and blue eyed, that they're extremely liberal, and that they like their saunas. They also have a sing-songy language, and talk like the Swedish chef. ;)
:iconnyahcat:
NYAHCAT Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012
since I'm a finn, I know plenty of negative stereotypes : D but I think you have heard all of them
:iconskyhndx:
skyhndx Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012
A swede I used to chat with once worked as a trick rider and acrobat in a french circus. He trained and rode Arabian horses. When he was a boy his dad called him, "liten apa". I haven't heard much about Swedish stereotypes so I have no clue if anything he ever said about himself would be considered a stereotype. ...other than the fact that his name was Jonas and he said you pronounce that as Yonas. :bucktooth:
:iconferaltao:
FeralTao Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012
VERY sensitive about all kinds of stuff.
Liberal but like to blame shit on the government.
:iconsimplylemie:
SimplyLemie Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012
Never talk to anyone unless you know them. That is one of the few reasons I love this country. If someone tries to talk to me at the bus, I could just brush him off as a drunkard or a madman.
:icongemdrop:
Gemdrop Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Gay men, pretty women. Also, all finnish swedes are rich and snobby.

Also, 6-1 :iconteheplz:
hkepoetry Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
No, no and no. :D

6-1? :confused:
:icongemdrop:
Gemdrop Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
No kidding?

Oh you know what I mean :stare:
:iconbullet-magnet:
Bullet-Magnet Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012
There's the Swedish Chef, but he sounds Norwegian to me.
hkepoetry Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Hahaha! :XD:
Well, it's nothing like Swedish, that I can assure you. :XD: And not Norwegian either, to tell you the truth. It's just plain old gibberish. :nod: Yup.
Add a Comment: