Closed to new replies
December 10, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 12

Your Best Cookie Recipe

:iconkitty-eared-girl:
kitty-eared-girl Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
So.....work Christmas party is a week from tomorrow, and while I've got a few ideas, nothing is really sparking my interest so far.

Post your best or favorite cookie recipes!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconchinaricat:
Chinaricat Dec 11, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
If you need something quick and simple, how about "Peanut Butter Kiss" cookies?

1 Cup Peanut Butter
1 Cup Confectioner's sugar
1 Egg
1 tsp Vanilla
(Optional, 1 tbsp Hershey's cocoa makes the cookies bangin'!)
Bag 'o Hershey's Kisses

Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit. Mix EVERYTHING except the kisses in a bowl. Roll the dough into quarter-sized spheres (If you have trouble doing this because the dough is too sticky, add more confectioner's sugar.) Put the dough balls on a cookie sheet about an inch from each other and plop them in the oven when it's warmed up. Bake them for 10-15 minutes, or until there are cracks in the cookies. While they are baking, unwrap the Kisses in accordance to how many cookies you're making (or more if you plan to eat some, too! =D) Let the cookies cool for a few minutes before sticking the kisses in. This way, the kisses won't melt entirely.

Makes about 30 cookies.

Also, if you feel like chocolate chip (though you can get the recipe anywhere) and are up for some searching, here's a recipe turned a Capella German song (in English)! Wise Guys - "Chocolate Chip Cookies"
:iconoperia:
Operia Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Nobody trusts me in the kitchen, after the time I put a pizza in the microwave with the plastic still on it :slow:
:icontuftedpuffin:
:icondevMineplz::iconmine2plz:
:icontuftedpuffin:
Ahhhhh fiddlesticks
:iconmineplz::iconmine2plz:
:iconmisterkhact:
MisterKhact Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
4 cups of flower
50 lbs of cane sugar
5 lbs of cinnamon powder
3 cups of orphan tears
2 teaspoons of sulfur
20 lbs of sea salt
8 cups of puppy blood
1 soul of a dying baby

Put in pot and stir for 30 minutes. Empty content in pan and heat in oven for one hour.
:iconoperia:
Operia Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Soul of a dying baby...? :fear:
:iconleapinglela:
LeapingLela Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I make a mean Snickerdoodle, however I need to find the recipe.
:icondevere:
The only ones I've got, are the ones already in this thread... :shrug:
:icondc4894:
DC4894 Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Alton Brown has a good sugar cookie recipe. Quite tasty.

Ingredients

3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon milk
Powdered sugar, for rolling out dough

Directions

Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. Place butter and sugar in large bowl of electric stand mixer and beat until light in color. Add egg and milk and beat to combine. Put mixer on low speed, gradually add flour, and beat until mixture pulls away from the side of the bowl. Divide the dough in half, wrap in waxed paper, and refrigerate for 2 hours.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Sprinkle surface where you will roll out dough with powdered sugar. Remove 1 wrapped pack of dough from refrigerator at a time, sprinkle rolling pin with powdered sugar, and roll out dough to 1/4-inch thick. Move the dough around and check underneath frequently to make sure it is not sticking. If dough has warmed during rolling, place cold cookie sheet on top for 10 minutes to chill. Cut into desired shape, place at least 1-inch apart on greased baking sheet, parchment, or silicone baking mat, and bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until cookies are just beginning to turn brown around the edges, rotating cookie sheet halfway through baking time. Let sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes after removal from oven and then move to complete cooling on wire rack. Serve as is or ice as desired. Store in airtight container for up to 1 week.
:icon0rg:
1/2 cup of flour
1 tablespoon of sugar
1 teaspoon of arsenic
1/2 cup of semen
a dash of cocaine

pre-heat your microwave for ten minutes, stir it with an egg-beater and you're ready to go
Add a Comment: