That Christmas-y mood

With precisely two weeks left until Christmas Eve today it's about time to start getting into a Christmas-spirit of sorts. I know I don't get into that spirit easily and need something to help me along. For me it is (cheezy as it might be), the movie Love Actually. And wrapping Christmas presents.

So I was wondering - What puts you in the proper mood to celebrate Christmas? :)
Comments102
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I'm not in the Christmas mood yet. I'm still disappointed that our choir cancelled the charity choir performance :(
I've wrapped all presents except the edibles, I've made all candy and the quornballs, I've watched Gremlings and The Muppets Christmas Carol and put up the few decorating things that we're going to have up. Oh, and it's snow enough to drown outside.

Am I in the Christmas spirit? No... not really. I sort of look forward to Christmas but I wouldn't say that I feel any Christmasy feelings.
after tuesday I will be in christmas mood hopefully. I'll have my last exam then..
I think movies, decorations, and baking bring me the mood..
Hear hear. Those pesky exams. I have one at 2 pm today and I suspect it might be a failure. But we'll see, it ain't over 'til it's over. :)

Have you gotten any baking done so far?
no, I didn't have time for that.. I should study right now, but there are only christmas songs and cookies in my mind...
Should is such a strong word...I mean like... COOKIES! :nuu:
My family does. Failing that, I just get jolly when I'm in a particularly good mood.
Without a christmas tree..
It does not feel like xmas to me
Very true! According to the "expert critics" in my family, aka mother I overdecorate the Christmas tree. Which is total poppycock since there is no such thing as an overdecorated Christmas tree. If you still see some tree there it's not done. :lol:
Hiding. Hiding from the people.
They see youuu~~ >:D
AHHHH! THERE IS NO PLACE THAT IS SAFE. RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!
usually the movie "the christmas story" played on thanksgiving really preps me for christmas and get so excited! But this year it wasn't played on tv, and i've yet to watch my DVD of it..but seeing christmas lights and putting the tree up get me ready for it..i even bought and wrapped gifts last week. this year i'm depressed thoroughly so it's slightly hard to get into the " YAY CHRISTMAS" mood.
Well, if nothing else it's good food and no school/work. :)
Laughing at pictures of college Christmas trees made out of beer cans.
Oh those wacky students and their alcoholism. :lol:
Bah, humbug. :grump:

Incidentally, some humbugs would be nice. Or some pear drops.
ALL the humbugs!
I have some humbugs here now.
I celebrate it in January,but I don't think there is a certain "mood" for it.
It's just as it is.
I felt a little Christmassy the other day because we actually had a little bit of snow. So I got my Mum's pressies sorted out. The rest of the family have to wait since theirs are all being made
Kinda funny, I thought we wouldn't get snow at all, but then we got heaps of it all at once. Are you guys a big family?