Say, how about that?

Possible occurences on December 21st:

A comet speeds toward Earth at incredible speeds and on impact instantly liquifies three cities with it's molten core.

A series of asteroids impacts the Earth, killing millions, but not destroying the world?

Nothing happens. It's just a regular day with regular politics crap on the news.
---->
Listen up:
If there are any really hardcore believers in this, you must realize that the Mayans are probably laughing there asses off about how a couple of insane people in America and elsewhere are calling December 21st: "the end of the world". And the key peice of evidence it might happen is because the Mayans marked December 21st of 2012 as a special day.
<----
Comments127
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Yes,they marked it as a special day that is actually marked as "the begging of new era for human race".
Apparently,I read books.
Nevertheless, I do not believe that the world will end because the Mayan's said it is so.
THEY DIDN'T SAY THAT.
I could understand people being scared if this was the first of its kind. But seriously - we get new "end of the world" scares every 5 years, I think this one will be just as non-existant as thousands of other dates before it :p
One of these times, the world really will end.
I think nothing will happen on the 21st, it's just gonna be another 'same shit, different day.' Though I do hope those people who do kill themselves off do it...since we really don't need them anyways.
That is cold, but accurate.
According to some theories, the calendars are wrong (according to the life of Jesus) and we should have died some years ago. :iconmindblownplz:
WOWOWOWOWOWWOWOWOWOWOWWOWOW
Maybe someone drops a bomb...? :shrug:
Don't be too sure... :paranoid:

Well, let's hope that won't happen...
Anyone with more than two brain cells who was concerned/interested in this topic would actually go and research it rather than adhere to crack pot theories that are not actually true or even listed in Mayan believes or on tablet of the thirteen baktun.
Oh good job... mr. backsackandjack. I might suggest you realize that most of those who have preformed such research have realized it is unlikely the world will end in even 1 billion years. Those who believe the world will end, certianly have more than two brain cells, and they certianly realize their believe is discredited by the scientific community every day. But I shall note, the belief that the world will end, is the only belief some people have.
Does not surprise me, on the 22nd of December there's going to be a lot of people who are genuinely surprised/saddened that it did not end.
Well, said. It is a common love for the bitter taste of love that leads us in so many different directions.
Here's a crazy thought, how about we all just enjoy ourselves?
That's too crazy!
A huge party for the end of the world. It's a win-win situation.

World doesn't end: You just had an amazing party.

World does end: You just had an amazing party and you don't have to clean up the mess.
I support this idea.
I WONDER HOW MANY PEOPLE PLAN TO KILL THEMSELVES ON THAT DAY
I worry about how many will take others with them. :noes: