What brings you to DeviantART?

Well what brings you to this site and how did you find out about it?
Comments105
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I found it almost seven years ago via MySpace (which I don't use anymore). My first reason was free exposure, but eventually I didn't need that anymore, and then (after a break) I discovered the forums. After a second break I decided to check up on everything, and was eventually persuaded by a fellow deviant to stay around. Now it's a little on and off, depending on my work situation.
luv art, all kinds every peace is like a story about the artist :D . also i have a lot ... lot (lot x infinity squared ) time to burn and am in jabumfuck kenya where there is nothing not even highspeed internet so i can play wow :( also don't speak the lang and even the ones who can speak English (most of them) think am rich cuz i sound like am from the usa and just want me to pay for shit but truth is am poor as F ( they call me mzungu, aka white dude ) so friends are kinda hard to come by
well google helped me..... :D
An artist/writer I really admire has an account here, and I wanted to talk to her :D
Beautiful works. The technical skills, the conception, the vision behind those works, impacts me beyond words.

I first came about here when I was searching for pictures for my presentation. The works amaze me till today.
I've been here for too long to remember and now I'm too old and grumpy to leave.
God told me in a dream about this wonderful landscape and how I would be the one to rule them all. :B

Step 1: Join www.deviantart.com

Step 2: Be =

Step 3: Be `

Step 3: Be ^

Step 4: Be $

Step 5: Be + :evillaugh:

On a more serious note, some Youtube I was following around when I was 9 had an account here. Lurker for years and years, having underaged accounts until I was old enough. :nod: Still, even when I was old enough (to comply with COPPA), I still didn't have my head in the game. :stare:

This all sounds like a plot to a shitty movie. :|
the largest art dump site on the web, period. there's a lot to do here.
Well, I have to thank *Heleannor for this. I was watching a Youtube video by Heleannor about these 3D models she had up for download. I was SOOO desperate for the models. I went to the link in the description and it brought me to dA. When I saw that she only allowed people who have a dA account to get the model, I was so angry! So, I kinda made this account in anger. ^^;
The benefits of a dA account? I joined a group called FF7-RP and met the nicest group of people. They're like family to me, especially the founder. She's like an older sister to me. :)
Well, I have to thank *Heleannor for this. I was watching a Youtube video by Heleannor about these 3D models she had up for download. I was SOOO desperate for the models. I went to the link in the description and it brought me to dA. When I saw that she only allowed people who have a dA account to get the model, I was so angry! So, I kinda made this account in anger. ^^;
The benefits of a dA account? I joined a group called FF7-RP and met the nicest group of people. They're like family to me, especially the founder. She's like an older sister to me. :)
I used to be a frequent visitor to fanart-central.net, but then I discovered this wonderful site through it. I was a constant visitor for a few years until my sister :katenotkatie: joined up. I finally worked up the courage, deciding to put up my writing and see what people thought of it.

And one of my favorite artists was the first to watch me! :D
I found out about it loosely over the years from being on the internet, but ultimately a friend pulled me on here. I have always enjoyed drawing pictures, and being able to view what other people have created and posting my own has been fun. I also find it interesting to see the kinds of people who are attracted to different fan bases, what styles people are interested in, and how others get around common artistic challenges.
spiritual experience here .. inspiration .. passions and creativity ... You can do and be anything freely in art.. You can be yourself freely... create yours like dancing . My dick :bucktooth:
Sounds about right.
I came here after I saw one of my friends posting links to DA on some Final Fantasy forum, so I followed the link and found the awesome Green DA Website of Awesome, I fell in love and decided to stay forever! :D
It was the art that brought me here. Then I found out that I liked the forums and interacting with the community. Nowadays, the art is just a plus. :p
aww haha i love looking at the art. it motivates me to do more things and when i browse it gives me great ideas of what i can draw :D
forum is great too!
Because honestly I want more exposure for my amateur photos. And I felt inspired by a friend of mine. He sells stuff here in deviantArt.. So yeah. Someday, I want to be able to do some money while doing the things I love. :)
Yeah that's a good way :D
I found it way back in HS (this is a new account) and I've always loved drawing, so it was perfect. I've only started doing digital art the past year and I'd say this community has been great for helping me further my potential. Having all this art floating around is great for creativity and inspiration! There's noother place like DA to me.
Really? what do you use for digital art? santa is getting me a womcom bamboo drawing pad thingo for christmas for my studies but i can also use it for just casually drawing i guess!
how do you make your art? and what do you use?
I use a Monoprice tablet, 10x12 inch, full function and highest pressure sensitivity. It cost me $60. Yes, 60. Not 600. 60. lmao

I also use Paint Tool Sai for basically all my drawings/painting at this point. It's cheaper than PS and much more streamlined.

lol As for how? Well, I'm an anime artist so I work with line art, and then color it in, then shade, etc. Even with such a simple program as Sai, there are a million ways to do things, which I love, because I'm always learning something new ^_^ I'm no where near professional, but I've improved a lot in the last 8 months and expect that I'll continue to improve as time goes on. Like I said, being on DA has been really good for me as an artist :)
wow $60! that's so cheap!!
really? i might have to download Paint Tool Sai.. i already own Photoshop for my studies though...
I just got a Wacom bamboo graphics tablet.. not sure how to use it though xD
i uploaded my first attempt, yesterday :)