Closed to new replies
December 9, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 104

What brings you to DeviantART?

:iconprincessbu88les:
Princessbu88les Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Well what brings you to this site and how did you find out about it?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondevere:
deVere Featured By Owner Dec 21, 2012
I found it almost seven years ago via MySpace (which I don't use anymore). My first reason was free exposure, but eventually I didn't need that anymore, and then (after a break) I discovered the forums. After a second break I decided to check up on everything, and was eventually persuaded by a fellow deviant to stay around. Now it's a little on and off, depending on my work situation.
:iconflatlandian:
flatlandian Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2012
luv art, all kinds every peace is like a story about the artist :D . also i have a lot ... lot (lot x infinity squared ) time to burn and am in jabumfuck kenya where there is nothing not even highspeed internet so i can play wow :( also don't speak the lang and even the ones who can speak English (most of them) think am rich cuz i sound like am from the usa and just want me to pay for shit but truth is am poor as F ( they call me mzungu, aka white dude ) so friends are kinda hard to come by
:iconuttam6:
uttam6 Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2012  Student Artist
well google helped me..... :D
:iconcosmic--chaos:
Cosmic--Chaos Featured By Owner Dec 16, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
An artist/writer I really admire has an account here, and I wanted to talk to her :D
:iconsonotcooldude:
SoNotCoolDude Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012
Beautiful works. The technical skills, the conception, the vision behind those works, impacts me beyond words.

I first came about here when I was searching for pictures for my presentation. The works amaze me till today.
:iconno-pretext:
No-pretext Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012
I've been here for too long to remember and now I'm too old and grumpy to leave.
:iconjames--steele:
James--Steele Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
God told me in a dream about this wonderful landscape and how I would be the one to rule them all. :B

Step 1: Join www.deviantart.com

Step 2: Be =

Step 3: Be `

Step 3: Be ^

Step 4: Be $

Step 5: Be + :evillaugh:

On a more serious note, some Youtube I was following around when I was 9 had an account here. Lurker for years and years, having underaged accounts until I was old enough. :nod: Still, even when I was old enough (to comply with COPPA), I still didn't have my head in the game. :stare:

This all sounds like a plot to a shitty movie. :|
:iconkmnfive:
kmnfive Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012
the largest art dump site on the web, period. there's a lot to do here.
:iconjun-himekawa:
Jun-Himekawa Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Well, I have to thank *Heleannor for this. I was watching a Youtube video by Heleannor about these 3D models she had up for download. I was SOOO desperate for the models. I went to the link in the description and it brought me to dA. When I saw that she only allowed people who have a dA account to get the model, I was so angry! So, I kinda made this account in anger. ^^;
The benefits of a dA account? I joined a group called FF7-RP and met the nicest group of people. They're like family to me, especially the founder. She's like an older sister to me. :)
:iconjun-himekawa:
Jun-Himekawa Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Well, I have to thank *Heleannor for this. I was watching a Youtube video by Heleannor about these 3D models she had up for download. I was SOOO desperate for the models. I went to the link in the description and it brought me to dA. When I saw that she only allowed people who have a dA account to get the model, I was so angry! So, I kinda made this account in anger. ^^;
The benefits of a dA account? I joined a group called FF7-RP and met the nicest group of people. They're like family to me, especially the founder. She's like an older sister to me. :)
:iconroguishbard:
RoguishBard Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
I used to be a frequent visitor to fanart-central.net, but then I discovered this wonderful site through it. I was a constant visitor for a few years until my sister :katenotkatie: joined up. I finally worked up the courage, deciding to put up my writing and see what people thought of it.

And one of my favorite artists was the first to watch me! :D
:iconcirprius:
Cirprius Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I found out about it loosely over the years from being on the internet, but ultimately a friend pulled me on here. I have always enjoyed drawing pictures, and being able to view what other people have created and posting my own has been fun. I also find it interesting to see the kinds of people who are attracted to different fan bases, what styles people are interested in, and how others get around common artistic challenges.
:iconsaxeh:
saxeh Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
spiritual experience here .. inspiration .. passions and creativity ... You can do and be anything freely in art.. You can be yourself freely... create yours like dancing . My dick :bucktooth:
:iconsorabulgar:
SoraBulgar Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012  Student Writer
Sounds about right.
:iconsaxeh:
saxeh Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
:highfive:
:iconmkemaster:
Mkemaster Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
I came here after I saw one of my friends posting links to DA on some Final Fantasy forum, so I followed the link and found the awesome Green DA Website of Awesome, I fell in love and decided to stay forever! :D
:iconstripedpower:
StripedPower Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012   Digital Artist
It was the art that brought me here. Then I found out that I liked the forums and interacting with the community. Nowadays, the art is just a plus. :p
Princessbu88les Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
aww haha i love looking at the art. it motivates me to do more things and when i browse it gives me great ideas of what i can draw :D
forum is great too!
:iconmysteriouseuphoria:
MysteriousEuphoria Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
Because honestly I want more exposure for my amateur photos. And I felt inspired by a friend of mine. He sells stuff here in deviantArt.. So yeah. Someday, I want to be able to do some money while doing the things I love. :)
Yeah that's a good way :D
:iconochanotsuki:
ochanotsuki Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I found it way back in HS (this is a new account) and I've always loved drawing, so it was perfect. I've only started doing digital art the past year and I'd say this community has been great for helping me further my potential. Having all this art floating around is great for creativity and inspiration! There's noother place like DA to me.
Really? what do you use for digital art? santa is getting me a womcom bamboo drawing pad thingo for christmas for my studies but i can also use it for just casually drawing i guess!
how do you make your art? and what do you use?
ochanotsuki Featured By Owner Dec 20, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I use a Monoprice tablet, 10x12 inch, full function and highest pressure sensitivity. It cost me $60. Yes, 60. Not 600. 60. lmao

I also use Paint Tool Sai for basically all my drawings/painting at this point. It's cheaper than PS and much more streamlined.

lol As for how? Well, I'm an anime artist so I work with line art, and then color it in, then shade, etc. Even with such a simple program as Sai, there are a million ways to do things, which I love, because I'm always learning something new ^_^ I'm no where near professional, but I've improved a lot in the last 8 months and expect that I'll continue to improve as time goes on. Like I said, being on DA has been really good for me as an artist :)
Princessbu88les Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
wow $60! that's so cheap!!
really? i might have to download Paint Tool Sai.. i already own Photoshop for my studies though...
I just got a Wacom bamboo graphics tablet.. not sure how to use it though xD
i uploaded my first attempt, yesterday :)
ochanotsuki Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Yup, $60. I really prefer PTS just because its more streamlined for digital art without all the photomanipulation tools. It looks like your getting the hang of it (tablet) :) it took me a few weeks to really feel natural with my tablet, but now it's as easy as normal drawing ^_^.
:iconmrspeedypanda:
MrSpeedyPanda Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
All the nice people here and the art :)
:icon3wyl:
3wyl Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
The community!

I found out about it through another person who wouldn't shut up about it. :paranoid:
Princessbu88les Featured By Owner Dec 12, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
haha, and now you understand why they wouldn't shut up about it?
:icon3wyl:
3wyl Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Something like that, yes. :paranoid:

Sounds good, though. :la:
:iconmadoldhag:
MadOldHag Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I came here because I wanted to see *all* artwork of people I met in another forum. In the beginning, I didn't upload anything and just wrote comments and :+fav:ed other deviants' works. Today I am working in different media, and I am thankful for all the tutorials, good advice and inspiration I can find here.
Yeah i noticed there is heaps of tutorials on how to draw things and make things creative. this site is just unbelievably awesome :D
MadOldHag Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Some people just have the talent to let you forget your doubts and just draw or write something. I'm not really good yet, but I am getting better and I have seen worse.
Princessbu88les Featured By Owner Dec 17, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
haha yeah. it's all about practice...but then again no one is perfect and everyone is good at something.. you just need to find it :D
MadOldHag Featured By Owner Dec 17, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
It's all about practice, yes. How are you supposed to improve when you never try because you aren't good enough yet?
Princessbu88les Featured By Owner Dec 21, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
That's true :)
MadOldHag Featured By Owner Dec 21, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I think I just learned something. :squee:
:iconxxspeedycheetahxx:
xXSpeedyCheetahXx Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
My brother told me about it
:icontimmy64:
timmy64 Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
I was looking for a pub, and Apple Maps sent me here... :confused:
hahah whaaaaa? thats so madness.
:iconmidnightmagnificent:
MidNightMagnificent Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I think the pub section around here is two right turns. Be careful of all the red faced snoring drunkards though! They get a bit... Violent if you trip on their prone bodies and wake them up BEFORE the hangover is over. UNLESS you wake them up with a bottle of whiskey! :P
:iconlaemperatrizmariana:
LaEmperatrizMariana Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I needed a site to upload my own artwork.
Yeah, that seems fair. even if you might loose it or something it will always be on here :D
:iconlaemperatrizmariana:
LaEmperatrizMariana Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
It wasn't really that either. I wanted my art to be online, so I could show others offline my work without having to carry it around. :dummy:
Princessbu88les Featured By Owner Dec 17, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Yeah haha, that's also really good idea :)
:iconcharliemathews82:
charliemathews82 Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
I'm here to connect with artists and commission new works. I'd like to make new posts, but I'm not allowed yet for some reason.
not aloud to make new posts? why? :S
:iconpriteeboy:
priteeboy Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
A friend in high school told me about it when they found out I enjoyed doing digital art, they used to have an account here but it's been dead for so long it's just a skeleton by now :skull: But I lasted, I think the forums pulls me back a lot, but even without them I would still stay as it's a constant source of inspiration as well as the best chance I have of getting my work known :)
Princessbu88les Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
oh you're lucky !
hahaha really? well i discovered it by my old friend who has two profiles on here and well he sent me a link to his work one day but i eventually had a look at the site. i am no longer friends with him though =\
:iconpriteeboy:
priteeboy Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
My friend is long gone too now (nothing happened, it's just that after school is finished with, friends naturally stop seeing each other) But he doesn't know what a huge favour he did by introducing me to this site. It really accelerated my almost stagnating artistic development :D
Yeah same. i'm so happy he sent a link to this site. i find all my time is getting spent on this site. it's okay cause it's not facebook. anything is better than facebook!
Add a Comment: