Closed to new replies
December 9, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 67

How do you prepare for the holiday?

:iconscribblebees:
ScribbleBees Dec 9, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
How do you prepare for whichever holiday you celebrate around this time of year? I celebrate Christmas, and since I'm still off at school right now, I can't do all of my usual family stuff (like baking cookies and hanging stockings and all of that stuff), but my housemates here and I just got and decorated a tree, so our apartment smells awesome, and I'm drawing a holiday-themed picture while listening to the worst best song ever on repeat...

:sing: LAAAAAST CHRISTMAS, I GAVE YOU MY HEAAAAART, BUT THE VERY NEXT DAAAAAY, YOU GAVE IT AWAAAAAAY~~ :sing:

So, my fellow dA-ers, how are you prepping this holiday season? Or, if you like to avoid all of this holiday stuff, how do you keep from going crazy as the holidays are shoved in your face every time you turn on the TV/radio/etc?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconcrazylitllemonster:
That day comes,and then it goes,and I just don't care much about it.
:iconfuyuko7:
Fuyuko7 Dec 11, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
I don't really prepare for holidays...
It just passes by... :shrug:

But if I'm going somewhere....then I pack my bag :)
ScribbleBees Dec 11, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
Are you going anywhere this year?
:iconfuyuko7:
Fuyuko7 Dec 11, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
no
:iconeverfae:
I'm going to London for Christmas to visit my family! I'm so super excited :)
Oh, that sounds fun!
:iconpandaharen:
I've bought the last presents today (lie... since I still haven't gotten out of the house to buy the very last on yet) - so I've taken care of that part of the holiday... which is the most time-consuming since I now have two families to celebrate it with.

This weekend we will probably decorate (well... eh... sort of) and make the candy and quorn-balls. Which is the most exciting part of holiday preparations except for the actually celebration. I will celebrate three different times this year (21:th, 22:d and 24:th) so there is quite much happening around the holidays.

Though I'm happy I won't have to decorate the tree and that kind of things anymore. When my brother moved out I had to take care of the tree mostly by my own, so when I moved out I was quite happy to get away from that chore... when my parents are nice enough to get the tree before the 23:d...
Wow, it sounds like you keep pretty busy this time of year! The three celebrations sounds intense, but I'm sure it'll be great.
:iconninjascrag:
NinjaScrag Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Well, we usually decorate around this time of year, and everyone's asking about what kinds of presents to get each other, especially the parents/grandparents who bug you to not end about what you want! >V<
But yeah, we usually just go about our business, prepping for our church service, putting up trees, etc. On Christmas all the cousins and family members all get together over at my Grandmother's for presents and dinner. It's really fun, and nice to be with the family! ^U^
ScribbleBees Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
Oh, that sounds so nice! I hate the "what do you want?" question because, other than one main thing, I never really know what to say >.>
Add a Comment: