Closed to new replies
December 9, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 32

New fandoms, new pairings

:iconshikooko:
Shikooko Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012
Hello, people. It's me, Shikooko, and I'm trying to get your attention. Please read, reply and I'll reply for you. I hope we'll have wonderful time conversing.

---

You people out there, you've gotta sometime have entered an unknown region - a new fandom. You know that feeling of temptation, when you have finished a good book or a manga or watched a fine movie, and you cannot help thinking about it. You cannot but think about all the wonderful fanart, fanfiction, discussion, the fandom out there. You know the feeling when you switch on your computer and delve into the world of all the pairings, the suspicion, the opinions that make up the fanbase.

But sometimes you're a bit nervous. A bit scared, even? There could be anything out there! It could be that no-one shares yoour beliefs, it could be that you hate the most popular pairing. It could be that the fanbase is just a bunch of stupid people who believe their opinion is the one and only and always right. Thinking all this, you take the plunge and thank God it is alright! Thank God the people are kind and the debates interesting. Thank God your OTP has a few other people as shippers.

It's even worse when you're typing the pairing name for the first time in the search box in here. You never know what to expect. It could be wonderful, really sweet pictures or something you really don't want to see. You actually never know if you're ready to see your ship visualised, moreso if it's from a book. Same thing with fanfiction: it could be that you bump into some really awful stories out there. Or open a rated T fic which should be M and you're not ready. It's really one of the worst feelings, you know.

But still you write the name in there and still you take the plunge. Because.

---

So guys, come on. Have you experienced such feelings? Have you overcome them or just frozen? What is the worst thing when exploring a new fanbase? Which was your first fandom and which are the best and the worst to date? Let the butterbeer flow.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconclosed1asdafeg46:
closed1asdafeg46 Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012
Yesterday I learned not to type any of my fave characters names on tumblr... I kind of didn't want to know that many people think my new favorite villain is a cumslut and has a purple penis :stare: My poor virgin eyes lol
:iconskyfire2008:
SkyFire2008 Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Shipping is retarded.
:icontidal-wave-art:
Tidal-Wave-Art Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I can't tell if you're exaggerating or over-thinking this.
:iconhamburgerhelperplz:
HamburgerHelperPlz Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012
I didn't even read that.
:iconkasimere:
Kasimere Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Student Filmographer
I'm secretly Keanu Reeves.
:iconbenjamin-biddix:
Benjamin-Biddix Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Red things that are grills.....
grills that are red. :|
:iconmadfairy7:
Madfairy7 Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
I ship Jongkey. Because that is just hot
:iconco-phantom:
Co-Phantom Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Shipping? What about processing and handling?
:iconsomnusvorus:
Somnusvorus Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012   Digital Artist
I hate pairings or anything else that changes the personal characteristics of a character. It feels like people are changing the fictional character into their own ideals and can't work with what they are given. It's obnoxious and puts people off.
:iconprincess-amy:
Princess-Amy Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Wait!!! are fandoms not what fans use so that they dont produce mini fans?
Add a Comment: