Closed to new replies
December 9, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 76

Do you live in a dangerous location?

:iconplasticfortunecookie:
PlasticFortuneCookie Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Currently, I live in a state in America where I could have a flood that could wash my home away, a earthquake that could destroy everything (we have a history of having super earthquakes about every 500 years... We are overdue so far) or have the opportunity of Yellowstone blow up and pour hot lava everywhere (theoretically.. this would effect everyone).
Do you live in a dangerous location? If so, why are you still living there?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconcrimsonmagpie:
CrimsonMagpie Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
I live in England. The last natural disaster we had was X Factor. :B
:icon1sidedownand2up:
1sidedownand2up Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I'm somewhat safe, though having a stream that may flood next to your house and having a railway close by are slight risks there is nothing very bad to worry about.
:iconmosstarkitteh:
MosstarKitteh Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Not anymore! I used to live in the Mojave Desert though. It was right near a major fault line, and the dry land would randomly burst into flames it seemed. Plus, it was a very high-crime area.
:iconshoyo4:
shoyo4 Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I live in the Typhoon Belt and the Pacific Ring of Fire. Crime rate's pretty high as well. But really, it's counterproductive to worry so much about what could happen instead of noticing the great things that are already there, like the fact I can go to the beach all year round and not need separate wardrobes for different times of the year.
:iconpurplesnowcones:
PurpleSnowcones Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
No, not really. I live in Connecticut.
:iconcivyx:
Civyx Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
I dont think it's particularly dangerous. There does tend to be quite a bit of tornadoes but never been hit. Also someone stole my roommates car. I think the biggest danger is crime more than natural disaster but it's a relatively sleepy area so even that isnt too common.
:iconmkemaster:
Mkemaster Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
The only natural danger that is present where I live is... Boredom
:iconstxl87:
Stxl87 Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
i live in ny and we just had the effects of hurricane irene, it was pretty bad, but not deadly where im at, just a lot of rain and high wind.
:iconjethrobot:
Jethrobot Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012   General Artist
Yes. Not on the same scale but Half the year is dark and that combined with cold that creates ice and snow makes every stroll around the neighbourhood hazardous;)
:iconmangagirl1603:
mangagirl1603 Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Jesus that sounds dangerous. I think that Japan is a pretty goddamn dangerous place to live, its prone to so many natural disasters and it's likely to be one of the first countries to sink due to global warming.

I don't really live in a dangerous place, there's a children's park in front of my house where it was reported last year that there were illegal drug users hanging about there and that somebody was knifed nearby but that's about it. I live very close to Glasgow though, which has the titles "The Friendly City" and "The Stab Capital of Europe" Lolwhat.
Add a Comment: