Closed to new replies
December 6, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 100

Guilty?

:iconitsderek:
ItsDerek Dec 6, 2012
Do you feel guilty after accidentally stepping on an ant?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconworkoutprogress:
workoutprogress Dec 8, 2012   Photographer
Would it feel guilty for accidentally stepping on you?
:iconjarringx:
jarringx Dec 8, 2012  Student General Artist
not really.
I committed genocide on an army that was invading my room with my giant finger of death.
:iconprincess-amy:
Princess-Amy Dec 7, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
nno, but i do when i send the phone book flying towards spiders at about 3m/s
:iconofbugs:
I feel more guilt when I kill any insect than I ever do when I hurt another human. Dunno why. I mean I love bugs to death so that could play a part in it. Like I cried when my stick bugs died.
:iconcammieobscura:
CammieObscura Dec 6, 2012
I only step on them if they escape from "the farm".
:iconpriteeboy:
priteeboy Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
No, and it's hypocritical for someone to feel guilt for killing an ant yet have no shame destroying a spider, fly or cockroach because "eeew it's gross!". You can kill one insect, you can kill them all. Just be glad they can't feel pain and don't have a life outside of biologically-programmed slavery :bug:
:iconskvattram:
Skvattram Dec 6, 2012
Can't feel pain now? What makes you think that?
And humans are just as much slaves as they are. They react according to their environment, we react according to our environment.
:iconpriteeboy:
priteeboy Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I just read somewhere that while they can feel basic sensations (so they can respond to their environment, avoid predators and detect potential food) they don't feel pain (or pleasure for that matter) to the same extent as larger animals with more complex nervous systems, especially humans :shrug: Same goes for all kinds of low-end animals, such as many land-based and aquatic invertebrates (worms, anemones, starfish, etc) which are often at the bottom of the food chain and at the mercy of even the gentlest breeze or current. Feeling pain would be a huge disadvantage to animals like these who would probably spend half their lives experiencing it if they could :cries:
:iconkorafox:
Only if it happens outside. Come into my apartment and all bets are off. That's the unspoken agreement between me and all things scuttly.
:iconbytestream:
Bytestream Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I didn't do it. :icondivaplz:
Add a Comment: