Closed to new replies
December 4, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 87

How do I get more watchers?

:iconbrekkyg:
BrekkyG Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012
I've been here. Probably two weeks. It's great here! But I'm wondering how I would get more watchers. At the moment I only have three. And I see some people that have joined for a week and have like 20 watchers! Am I doing anything wrong?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmangagirl1603:
mangagirl1603 Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Q: How do I get watchers?
A: With great difficulty.
:iconcapilair:
Capilair Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
If you start uploading adventure time fanart youll definitly get more publicity, worked for me anyways! i mean what, i would never
:icondigitalbeats:
Digitalbeats Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Hobbyist
I feel you sister, but all it takes is hard work :) I usually go here ---> :icondahub: <--- to get featured~! ;) but you need points for that :iconowocuteplz:

:bulletgreen: Faves, fave all of the things you leik there and comment, commenting can let other viewers know you thar if they got interested at you pfft
:bulletgreen: Joining groups are one of the things too, You'll be more known all over dar XD
:bulletgreen: of course posting art n' stuff shouldn't be lost in the process, I usually post up an art thingy weekly because I'm damn slow
:bulletgreen: I have friends who open up 'Ask-accounts' which links to their main account, but aare you sure with all those stress,? XDD

hoped I helped or something X3 of course you must've already known this... :iconmingplz:
:iconwolfos96:
wolfos96 Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
I've been here 5 months and only have three watchers. Be glad you have three already.
:iconsagethethird:
sagethethird Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012
I'm the type of person that likes to be really personal with people, develop a few lasting friendships rather than a lot of passive ones. It's bad for business and, well, generally anything social you're trying to get "more" of rather than "Better quality" of.

Don't get me wrong extroverts unlike myself who acquire more friendships can have good quality friendships, it all depends on what you two or 3 or 400 call "relationship is in good standing".

for example a bug can have a good standing relationship with an entire hive, and only interact through scent trails because that's what bugs do. People come in different types, some prefer proverbial "Scent trails", or remain in contact through small talk and large social gatherings (like when an ant finds a crumb lol), and some like a simbiosis of sorts, only people that they can have deep philosophical conversations with (like two trees growing next to each other).

So if you approach day to day life, not just on forums but in general, knowing that there's two types of "good" relationships you'll stop really caring about how many people you have and start caring about what quality relationships you've built. Unless of course you find yourself with too few friends and a LOT of free time, then you should look at yourself. Don't automatically assume everyone who comes off as an asshole is coming off that way because they are an asshole, a lot of times it you.

So rather than asking "how can I get more watchers/followers/likes/pageviews/karma" which is incredibly vague, and is asked everywhere on the internet a lot you should be instead asking "who around here is awesome that I can get along with?"

you don't ask that in a forum setting like this, no. You go to groups which are rife with people of like mind, you can post to people's pages whom you admire, don't be afraid if they've been a deviant for 9 years and have a million page views just do it because they're human too, and just generally comment/fave/participate a lot.

NUMBER ONE thing about anything internet or life is "it's not a race", unless it's about money, then you just need to focus on who's got the most klout. otherwise just have fun and be creative, do what you do and have fun.

FYI two weeks isn't really a long time, I didn't acquire watchers overnight, but it's really not that important.
:iconkhirate:
Khirate Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Uhh, personally watchers aren't very important to me, as in numbers. It makes me very happy whenever someone watches me because they like my art, but actually most of my watchers are friends. ^.^
Just get to know people, leave comments, look at all kinds of art, and just relax about it. If you want people to see your art, you can submit it in groups or try going to the thumbnail forum, where you can basically advertise your art, and also ask for tips to improve.
:iconbonnieknox:
BonnieKnox Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Get watchers. It works if your art is decent. There are a lot of people in the community and if your art is not exceptional is easy to get lost in the crowd.

It is not about the watchers, I prefer to have less watchers and those commenting in my work.
:iconversusvenus:
VersusVenus Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Student Artist
dude,chilax...I have like 8 watchers and um ya.I actually envy anyone who has more watchers than me
:iconruwich:
Ruwich Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
You won't get watchers if you don't interact with the deviants here. Talk to them and make friends ^^

Like your art for what it is, too.
BrekkyG Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012
Well I have been doing that... But it's okay now. I know watchers aren't all that important. But Thank you!
They aren't important. It's friends, my friend! ^^
So we're friends?! :D
:nod:
:iconangelsinspiration:
AngelsInspiration Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012   General Artist
Smuuuuuuut! Gotta put out to be popular. :strip:

Sorry love, but who cares about watchers? I don't want to discourage you as soon as you get here but ask a dumb question get a dumb answer.
:iconadder-snakebite:
Adder-SnakeBite Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Popularity and watchers aren't important. What is important is enjoying what you do. Just thought I'd mention that, lots of people draw stuff to become popular and in the end aren't happy because they're drawing what others want to see or expect of them, not what they really want to draw.

If you want to attract more visitors to your page, be active in the community and interact with other artists and leave feedback and constructive critique on their works, post in groups and the thumbshare forum, join contests, and ultimately keep drawing and improving the things that make YOU happy :D
Thank You! I guess they aren't all that important.
:iconadder-snakebite:
Adder-SnakeBite Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
No probs :)
:iconshadowmaker-241:
ShadowMaker-241 Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Welcome to deviantART :wave:

Just be active, join groups, comment on artwork, as well as make your own artwork. You'll get a fair amount of watchers.
Thank You!
:iconcup-of-javo:
Cup-of-Javo Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012
- Post nudes (can be drawings or photography).
- Post fetish shit. Bondage/BDSM, inflation, breasts, and ass are very popular. :D
- Draw tons and tons of fanart. But it has to be popular shit like Bleach, Kingdom Hearts yaoi, Pokemon, Naruto, or Black Butler.
- Make your style the most kawaiiest, cutesy, shiny anime-style you can possibly find.
- Put every picture into about 39582309589582958209590 groups.
- Upload like, 5+ pictures a day even if they are complete crap.
- Comment on EVERYTHING, like, "kawaii owo;;" and get your name out there.

But really, do one of the first three consistently and you'll get guaranteed watchers in no time.
:iconshininginthedarkness:
shininginthedarkness Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012
I've done numbers 1. and 2., with a dash of 3. and 4. -sometimes in combination-, and it's only had spotty effects at best. I think you have to do ALL the things on this list to really get out there, no half-assing it :(.
Dang! I've only done three and had watchers out the yin-yang on my other account!

And I agree. You can't half-ass it. You have to keep going at it. I find being consistent and uploading a lot all the time really works wonders.
:iconshininginthedarkness:
shininginthedarkness Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012
Hrm, maybe the specific fetish and fandom have a lot to do with it. Or getting it in the right group/s.

Also, I don't upload that often, and what I do upload is in lots of different styles. So I'm probably just disappointing everyone :D

(I've also noticed that sometimes, slapping a 'mature' tag on a piece can work AGAINST its popularity instead of for it, and sometimes it's just better to make the work suggestive without needing the tag.)
lol I'm pretty sure you're kidding. but I'll make sure to put that into "consideration"
No, man! I'm serious! :lol: Once you settle in here, you will see it tenfold!

OH, and post pictures of your cat. DeviantART loooooooves cats!
:iconksxzt:
KSXZT Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Yup.
KITTIES!!!!!

They're so cute!!! :la:
Indeed. Their hobbies include eating, sleeping and fighting with next door's dog. Fearsome bunch, they are.
Ohhkay :)
:iconkittysophie:
kittysophie Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Student Digital Artist
i had like prob 15 watches for 3 months at the start. start posting art very often and put them into groups that helped me alot :D
Ok thank you!
:iconbarnowlgurl23:
barnowlgurl23 Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I only have 1watcher
:iconametystical:
Ametystical Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Normal. In my first two weeks here I had only 2!

The way to get popularity is always trying to improve your art and be active in dA. I'm here for about 3 months and have only 27 watchers...
Oh okay. I guess I just wanted to see if this was happening to anyone else. Thank you!
You're welcome :)
:iconakirasatoyoshizawa:
AkiraSatoYoshizawa Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Hmmm... Deviant is to showcase art and it's authors, people who have talent or have good technique; it's not a popularity contest, at least as far as I've seen. Do what you like to do and enjoy it rather than doing what you think you should do to get more people to look at you. I've learned that artists that do what they think they should do waste their time and get nowhere as opposed to do what they like to do. You might not get LOADS of fans on your first weeks, but what does that mean? If you like what you do and are grateful when you get a fave that's all that should matter. I dunno why is it so important now a days to be seen by everyone. Unless you're gonna turn professional and sell your art (and frankly what you do isn't) then why even care?
:iconsmokin9mirrors:
smokin9mirrors Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Just be active. If people are seeing you, the more opportunity there is in becoming known.
:iconpringlesaddict99:
pringlesaddict99 Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Be nice and active :) I earned most of my watchers by commenting on other people's work and by featuring my work in at least 15 groups. And you're here only for 2 weeks, be patient. From my 120 watchers, 50 of them watches me from the beginning of last month. I'm here for 5 months if you're wondering, and I got my first watcher after 3 weeks of being here.

:icondahub: and other point donators are also a way to go! The fastest one, actually, but with no honor :shrug: But who the hell cares :lol:
:iconwildergothica:
WilderGothica Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
You're still new, you've got a long ways to go!
When do you stop being 'new' then? After a year?
:iconstivia:
sTiViA Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist
Try to improve your work.
Who cares? I have 85 watchers and the majority of them don't do fuck all.
This. Watchers are just like a pointless number. At one point out of my 37 watchers I had one dude that would just fave everything, but even he disappeared. None of my watchers do jackshit.
:icontherethereplz:
I wonder why some people watch you if they don't comment or fave :shrug:
I watch a few people not for deviations, but for their forum threads they make, which are usually pretty good.
Hmmm... I was not aware that you can receive forum threads notifications.
When you select 'Watch', you can choose what you want to watch there.
:iconfudgee0:
Fudgee0 Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Submit to groups, comment on other people's work, use the thumbshare forum perhaps - just be interactive! :la:
Thank You! Sadly that's what I've been doing...
Add a Comment: