Details

Closed to new replies
December 4, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 87

How do I get more watchers?

:iconbrekkyg:
I've been here. Probably two weeks. It's great here! But I'm wondering how I would get more watchers. At the moment I only have three. And I see some people that have joined for a week and have like 20 watchers! Am I doing anything wrong?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmangagirl1603:
mangagirl1603 Dec 9, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Q: How do I get watchers?
A: With great difficulty.
:iconcapilair:
Capilair Dec 9, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
If you start uploading adventure time fanart youll definitly get more publicity, worked for me anyways! i mean what, i would never
:icondigitalbeats:
I feel you sister, but all it takes is hard work :) I usually go here ---> :icondahub: <--- to get featured~! ;) but you need points for that :iconowocuteplz:

:bulletgreen: Faves, fave all of the things you leik there and comment, commenting can let other viewers know you thar if they got interested at you pfft
:bulletgreen: Joining groups are one of the things too, You'll be more known all over dar XD
:bulletgreen: of course posting art n' stuff shouldn't be lost in the process, I usually post up an art thingy weekly because I'm damn slow
:bulletgreen: I have friends who open up 'Ask-accounts' which links to their main account, but aare you sure with all those stress,? XDD

hoped I helped or something X3 of course you must've already known this... :iconmingplz:
:iconwolfos96:
wolfos96 Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
I've been here 5 months and only have three watchers. Be glad you have three already.
:iconsagethethird:
sagethethird Dec 5, 2012   Traditional Artist
I'm the type of person that likes to be really personal with people, develop a few lasting friendships rather than a lot of passive ones. It's bad for business and, well, generally anything social you're trying to get "more" of rather than "Better quality" of.

Don't get me wrong extroverts unlike myself who acquire more friendships can have good quality friendships, it all depends on what you two or 3 or 400 call "relationship is in good standing".

for example a bug can have a good standing relationship with an entire hive, and only interact through scent trails because that's what bugs do. People come in different types, some prefer proverbial "Scent trails", or remain in contact through small talk and large social gatherings (like when an ant finds a crumb lol), and some like a simbiosis of sorts, only people that they can have deep philosophical conversations with (like two trees growing next to each other).

So if you approach day to day life, not just on forums but in general, knowing that there's two types of "good" relationships you'll stop really caring about how many people you have and start caring about what quality relationships you've built. Unless of course you find yourself with too few friends and a LOT of free time, then you should look at yourself. Don't automatically assume everyone who comes off as an asshole is coming off that way because they are an asshole, a lot of times it you.

So rather than asking "how can I get more watchers/followers/likes/pageviews/karma" which is incredibly vague, and is asked everywhere on the internet a lot you should be instead asking "who around here is awesome that I can get along with?"

you don't ask that in a forum setting like this, no. You go to groups which are rife with people of like mind, you can post to people's pages whom you admire, don't be afraid if they've been a deviant for 9 years and have a million page views just do it because they're human too, and just generally comment/fave/participate a lot.

NUMBER ONE thing about anything internet or life is "it's not a race", unless it's about money, then you just need to focus on who's got the most klout. otherwise just have fun and be creative, do what you do and have fun.

FYI two weeks isn't really a long time, I didn't acquire watchers overnight, but it's really not that important.
:iconkhirate:
Khirate Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Uhh, personally watchers aren't very important to me, as in numbers. It makes me very happy whenever someone watches me because they like my art, but actually most of my watchers are friends. ^.^
Just get to know people, leave comments, look at all kinds of art, and just relax about it. If you want people to see your art, you can submit it in groups or try going to the thumbnail forum, where you can basically advertise your art, and also ask for tips to improve.
:iconbonnieknox:
BonnieKnox Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Get watchers. It works if your art is decent. There are a lot of people in the community and if your art is not exceptional is easy to get lost in the crowd.

It is not about the watchers, I prefer to have less watchers and those commenting in my work.
:iconversusvenus:
VersusVenus Dec 5, 2012  Student Artist
dude,chilax...I have like 8 watchers and um ya.I actually envy anyone who has more watchers than me
:iconruwich:
Ruwich Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
You won't get watchers if you don't interact with the deviants here. Talk to them and make friends ^^

Like your art for what it is, too.
:iconbrekkyg:
Well I have been doing that... But it's okay now. I know watchers aren't all that important. But Thank you!
Add a Comment: