Curtains Closed, Curtains Open?

Simply put, when you go to bed, do you like to keep your curtains closed or your curtains open?

Or blinds, if that is what you have. Maybe you have no curtains? If so, how does that work for you?

My roommate likes to keep the curtains closed. I suppose it has the advantage that, at night, no one can peep in on us, but I hate waking up to darkness. I don't mind if it's nature's darkness, but the darkness created by our curtains is one that is pretty suffocating.

At home, I like to keep my curtains open all the time. Fuck anyone who looks in. :dummy:

You? :la:
Comments800
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I keep them closed, often even during the day. I'm a bit paranoid about my privacy. :paranoid: I also don't like waking up in darkness however, but these days the curtains don't make much difference in that anyway. :hmm:
Aww.. :hug:

That's a fair point. :nod:

It's pretty dark out.. not enough light nowadays. :no:

But soon! :dummy:
:tighthug:
It is too dark. I don't mind it in the evening, gives me opportunity to light candles and stuff, but I hate it in the morning. I already have so much trouble getting out of bed in time and darkness makes it worse. I should have one of those daylight alarm clock things. :dummy:

Soon? :noes:
Ah, I see. I am totally with you there. :nod:

:hug:

At least you don't suffer from SAD?

We shall see? :O
it irritates me when curtains are open, if I wanted to be outside I'd go there :shrug: lol unless I had a skylight in my room, then I'd keep that open all night and gaze at the stars!
Interesting.. that'd be pretty damn awesome. :O
Closed. I'd love to wake up to natural light, but at the same time I can't sleep with light from the streets streaming in. :/
Aww.. that's quite difficult, then. =/
I hate any sort of light coming in, and there's a floodlight that shines right into my apartment, so closed blinds.
Ooh.. painful. :O

Makes sense!
Well I live on a property and I doubt there'd be any peeping toms out here. :meow: So the only faces I'd see is the PeeWee that pecks at his own reflection or maybe a rogue cow that found its way into the yard. :D haha Curtains Open!!
Aww..

That's pretty damn awesome!

Sounds great. :D
In my room i closed the blinds and drape the curtain, even though you can't see in my room? i'm not sure why i just cant handle the thought of looking out and seeing a face (too many horror movies), but when i sleep in the living room i think "fuck it" and leave it open.
Interesting. :O

I get what you mean!

That's quite intriguing, though. You'd think it was the other way around there. :nod:
you'd think so, but it's not. maybe there's something weird with me
Huh.. that is quite interesting indeed. :O
Closed. I have a really hard time sleeping in a room with the curtains/blinds open. Just feels too vulnerable.
Ah.. that's understandable! You're not in the minority there. :nod:
Open. I wake up more comfortably if the room is lit up in the morning.
Nice! Another person! We are few and far in between! :hug:

That's pretty damn awesome, though. :nod:
I like to keep the curtain closed with the window open, but only when it's cold outside.
Ah.. that's fair enough! What happens when it's not cold outside?
I want the room completely dark when I go to bed. Any hint of light and I will get up like a raving lunatic to block it because I sleep better when it's dark.
That's understandable. Sounds like a lot do. :O