Handkerchief

Why do people use a 'hand' kerchief to blow their nose? Surely, they should be renamed 'nose' kerchief?

If a famous/important person had a runny nose in your presence, would you lend them your 'nose' kerchief or tell them to 'sod off' as they are no more important than the rest of us?
Comments119
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
This thread is so lame that is stings.
© 1968 - 2012 Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation
Handkerchiefs were originally used to wipe tears from your eyes.
I don't use one, that's unsanitary, I just wad my used kleenexes up and stash them to re-use till there is no more clean space! :iconcreepylaplz:
But they look nice. Especially sticking out of the pocket of a smart jacket. Prince Charles has one sticking out at premieres.
let me use your sleeve. Ok, seriously? People have allergies and have to blow their nose.
Gimme a break.
Idk about you but I blow my nose on tissues or kleenex.

Hand kerchiefs though, better than foot kerchiefs, or just regular kerchiefs. ;)
LETS JUST CALL IT A PENCIL
Blowing my nose on a pencil. I think the TATE would be interested in that idea. Nice!
Handkerchiefs are gross; my grandpa, hope he's in a better place, had this absolutely disgusting handkercheif; I don't remember ever seeing it in the laundry bin, so yeah, it was as yuck as hell, not to mention my grampa was a heavy smoker and he kept spitting in it. :puke:
So it was a spitkerchief?
Spitkerchief, nosekercheif, pisskercheif, cumkercheif, fuck those poor pieces of material, they should be banned. :stare:
earwaxkerchief.
Eww, just... How the heck can one clean it's ears with a piece of cloth?! Plus it's far more uncomfortable than q-tips.
One can either remove the ear and tap it gently until the wax falls out onto the waiting earkerchief or stick ones finger into the ear and jiggle it about a little.
People who still use handkerchiefs that arent paper disgust me.
It disgusts me too. So unhygienic. :stare:
It is disgusting, you can't throw it right after use so you wear a dirty handkerchief around in your pocket. EW
But what if it is made of beautiful silk? I cannot possibly throw it away.
Then you don't use it. Ruining silk with boogers is sacrilege.
As long as it still bends, it's okay.
View all replies