Spam

Can deviantART do anything about the ridiculous amounts of spam clogging up some of the forums? Are they aware of it? It's getting really out of hand. The art discussion forum, for example, has so much spam that it shunts three quarters of the legitimate posts off the page.
Comments17
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
We are already aware of it and measures are being taken.

Please refer to this thread if you need help. :)

FAQ #801: Are there any rules for the Forums?

:lock:
I do miss the days when I can come to the forums and not see a third of threads locked. But what enrages me the most is how can they POSSIBLY THINK we - a community of art nerds and anime geeks - would give even the slightest fuck about those fucking sporting events they insist on us watching. Based on my experiences - the art and anime/pop-culture community despises sports and everything having to do with it (except Wii sports :paranoid:) with a burning passion :rage:
The problem is people are terrible, so there isn't likely to be any sort of solution any time soon. How unfortunate.
They weren't around back in my day, I tell you what.
These spammers ain't right. :|
It's disheartening.
I've just turned it into a game now where you have to comment on them before they get locked since i know this won't stop happening for a long time (probably forever).
Actually, it sounds like a pretty funny game :dummy:
Just take note of those usernames and file a spammer report with the Help Desk. $dxd and his crack team of minions will take care of things.
Indeed, those things have been the scourge of the forums for several months now.... I really wish it were within dA's powers to IP ban the spammers, or even bring legal action against the companies responsible. Thinking about it logically though, I wouldn't be surprised if the spammers were bots operating from innocent computers via worms or trojans (or whatever virus type would be used). :stare:
Yes they'r locking the threads as they appear! :D
Unfortunately, locking them doesn't stop more of them from being posted. They need to stop them from being posted in the first place, but I don't know how they might go about doing that as I have no experience with web development.

I appreciate they can't do anything at the drop of a hat, but it's getting a bit out of hand and spoils the forums a lot.
Of course, they are aware. I guess they just have better things to do.