I HATE DEM NASTY LIZARDS!

Back in the Summer, I had a panic attack, where damn nasty brown gecko was in a pair of shorts I was about to put on after showering, thank God it fell out before I put it on, but BOY did I scream. And just now, my phobia came back in full swing. Apparently, when I was outside today, laying on the ground, filming a scene, a little green bastard sneaked in my pant's leg. ( It's a pair of pyjama pants ._.) Now, me back inside, editing my video, feel this uncomfortable feeling in my left leg, like, something is moving in there, but I just think to myself, " It's the air," but suddenly, I place my hand on it, and feel something solid and think, " Okay, it's like, something in there, probably some grain like thing," but regardless, I take off my pants, underwear and all and toss them on the floor.. I stare at them, suddenly, the green lizard crawls out and on to my wall, leaving me screaming out, half naked, into the living room...

So, yeaah, I hate these fuckers, and of course, am terrified of them. Anyone have a similar phobic experience?
Comments68
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Lizards are actually pretty cute and amusing.

I usually avoid roaches, flies and spiders.

Other insects/animals beside those three: meh.
Whatever walks or crawls to my garden, dies in my garden. That is the rule.
Do you have piranha plants? :la:
I have a cricket bat...
I don't mind them being outside in my garden but I DO mind them being indoors and even worse, IN MY CLOTHES!
Lizards took your clothes?! :nuu:
Yes, and made 'em into a house!
It was pretty gross when my mother found a garden snake, I think it was, and she chopped it up. It still moved so she chopped it up further and.. yeah. :hmm:
Oh come on, a garden snake? :saddummy: They are harmless. I don't like lizards, but I dare not kill one.
I think so?

Could have been a lizard. :la:
Here's how to tell em apart: Snakes don't have legs .. :B
But it could have! Mini-legs! :nuu:
Some snakes do. Royal pythons have vestigial legs at the base of their tails.
Some species of lizards also don't have legs. Many people often mistake legless lizards as snakes.
Here's how to tell them apart: Snakes don't have eyelids. Legless lizards do have eyelids and can blink, also if you grab it by the tail it'll drop off as a defense mechanism. Snakes can't shed their tails.
Don't geckos also lack eyelids? Which is why they lick their eyes?
There are some species of gecko that do have eyelids but there are more without. The ones with eyelids still lick their eyes to help keep them clean like those that don't. Leopard geckos are a good example of a gecko that has eyelids.
Ehhh, reptiles as a whole don't really scare me at all. The only animal/insects I'm actually afraid of are spiders, everything else is fair game.
I like spiders, they don't bother me.
Ooh, why spiders?
I'm not actually sure why, in all honesty :| I find spiders really interesting and occasionally pretty but I can't stand looking at them or being near them. Arachnophobia is weird. :shrug:
I get what you mean. :nod:

I don't mind looking at them in macro form, but as soon as there is a massive one in front of me.. fucking hell. :dead:
I thought you meant a gecko wearing shorts. I was about to respond with "what have you been smoking?" or something like that.

But when a lizard starts making its home in your joy department then you obviously have a problem with surplus lizards. Not really phobia-worthy. :unimpressed:
That same gecko has been in my bathroom for weeks, until I sprayed some Hawaiian breeze on the floor, and he didn't come back again.
You killed it! :omfg: