Masquerade costumes - help me!

The theme is movies.
It should be simple, not like clothes you order that are exactly the same.
Fairly popular characters.

Here is a picture of me, maybe it can help a bit, i dont want to change hair color etc.

I want people to recognice who I am but I don't want to go to far.

Help me! Any suggestion is helpful
Comments93
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Girl,i think u should wear the hunger games dress!
Copy her dress,idea...and i think it will be an instant hit (:
pointy ears and a little set of wings and wear green!!!!!!!
make yours eyes pop!! they are super pretty! since they're bright blue, black mask and dark liners with a green shadow with a hint of gold will make your eyes look beautiful a soft pink lip stick turquoise or green dress

-good luck ;)
why don't you go with merida from brave ... i think it's cute and recent....
Yes I have actually thought of that! :D
I vote for Merida as well^.^ Think you would look great as her:D
Was there a Buffy movie?
There Was. Kelly Preston and Luke Perry...Early 90's if I remember right. :-)
That knowledge depresses me. :depressed:
You could always look up a copy or Youtube, maybe. Honestly, it was a bit cheesy compared to the TV series, but it was a start!! :-)
The TV series was already cheesy.
oh that would be awesome, great idea!!
You mean there was? Must've missed that one.
No I mean that if there is it would be awesome. I will check that up.
What movies do you like? What's well known in your social circle?

Here are a few ideas I'd consider if I looked like you:
Eowyn from LOTR
Rose Tyler from Doctor Who
Sergeant Calhoun from Wreck-it Ralph (To get easy space marine armor, you could fabric-paint a tight-fitting black shirt and yoga pants.)
The thing is I do not know the people, they are my boyfriend's friends ^^ I will check those out. I had babydoll from sugar punch in mind, even though that movie is not all that great :)
Yeah, I thought of that one too, but from what I hear, that movie is kind of insulting, so I wouldn't want to add to its popularity by cosplaying any characters. (I mean why would women dress that way if it's a personal fantasy of theirs? And I hear there were scenes with violent abuse that make you wonder who's benefiting from watching and/or writing them.)

Well if you don't know the people who are going to be there, it's a lot easier for you. Just wear whatever costume you want!
Watch the movie first and then judge it. Imho people who find it sexist and 'insulting' probably watched it very superficial; if you look close you would see that it is some kind of parody. I really recommend you to watch it because it has a very beautiful meaning behind it and it is also very sophisticated in the way of 'what is reality, what is dream and what if all was just a dream'.
Well, that's why I gave the disclaimer that I haven't seen it yet. I'm open-minded enough that I might have a different opinion after I've seen it.

(Just curious...DOES it offer an explanation to why they're dressed suggestively?)
Yes it does, but if I'd say it now you would be spoiled pretty much...thus, I sadly can not say but there is a sense why they are dressed like they are^^
Yes of course I dont care so much about what they are going to think, but rather what is easy to do and easy to recognise :D
You like yourself a lot, don't you.
what? XD well ofcourse I do like myself but what do you mean?