Surviving Extremes

Would you rather be stranded in the middle of the Sahara desert or stranded in the middle of the Arctic?
Comments98
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Arctic , because its more fun to write your name in the snow .:pee:Than in the sand.
Arctic. You can't make a snow man in the Sahara. :stinkeye:
The Arctic. I like cold weather...
Sahara, of course.
Sahara methinks
Sahara probably, better chance of running into a bedouin or something like that. And I'd know a little bit of what to expect and do. Not so much for the arctic.
probably the artic, extreme heat in the Sahara ugh
atleast when you die from freezing to death you get very sleepy. Heat related deaths i only imagine would be like your being baked to death...i'd rather get sleepy and just die off than be zizzled to death like a stip of bacon.
Hmmm...

Freeze to death, or if you had
warm clothes, die of hunger and dehydration;

or,

Die of heat, dehydration, or getting eaten/killed
by a poisonous something or other.
Desert. Though freezing to death is apparently preferable I always say I'd rather die warm.
Assuming I can find a decent amount of wood in either place, I'd be all set. A warm fire for the Artic, or some good old still-purified water?

No wait, still would be better in a coastal, tropical sort of place. Granted, knowing how to make a primitive retort to boil out seawater would still be useful.
Arctic... Keeping warm is a lot easier than keeping cool. Just wear warm clothes. You can also make shelter, igloo, get food, fishing, and plenty of water from snow and freshwater ice.
UPDATE: Maybe the best option would be the Arctic. As you are dying, there is the chance that Santa will turn up with a sack full of goodies. Maybe you would have chance to appreciate them before you pass out for good.
Arctic. It's easier to land a rescue plane on the ice sheet than it is on the dunes of the desert.
What if the pilot is too frightened to land?
Why would they be frightened?
Arctic. I'd hate the excessive heat and dehydratation. :paranoid:
Desert. I hate snow :stare:
Besides, I would then have an excuse to run around naked ;P
Trust me, you don't wanna sunburn on your netherparts, I mean, don't trust me, I don't know nothing about that! I never been out naked in the sun. :O
I'd just pack sunblock :iconteheplz:
Then my sensitive bits won't get burned :eyes:
But what would you eat? :noes:
I have a strong stomach, I'll eat anything that crosses my path :eyes:
View all replies