Link

Statistics

Replies: 165

Does anyone even Pay Attention?

:iconcontradictingcats:
ContradictingCats Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Student Artist
Kinda a Tiny Rant?
Also a question though!

When I post journals or Pictures or such, does anyone even notice really? I'm sure many artists feel like this on here, especially when you have lots of watchers ( I have 200+ right now ;u; ) but the most favorites you've ever gotten was 50 and below? (Most I've gotten is around 32 ;n; )

Or when I post something wanting critiques or even some feedback I never get any.

Any other artists experience this? If so, Feeback please? c:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconemeraldryusenshi:
EmeraldRyuSenshi Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012
Probably one of my few complaints about DA has been the fact that the smaller channels seldom
Get little to no traffic even just to receive constructive criticism and to borderline ask for it you need a premium account. Hopefully this will change in the near future.
:iconwitchhazelgz:
WitchHazelgz Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Professional
You should pay attention to them.

[link]
:iconwezenbeesje:
wezenbeesje Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Professional General Artist
A lot people just like to look. There is so much coming in someone's inbox if they watch several people, so it's too much work to react on everything. Don't worry, your art is been seen, many people are just lazy.
:iconchainfurry:
Chainfurry Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Yeah, but I don't care lol. I draw for fun and my friends, and if nobody wants to look at it then so be it. :iconbeardflipplz:
:iconchoco-krispie:
Choco-Krispie Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I do! I'm just usually too busy to commet D: I'm usually sneaking on my laptop, so I'm pressed for time D:
:iconcandydechocolate:
CandyDeChocolate Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
i have lest favorites than you and probably less favs :'(
:icontiganusi:
tiganusi Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012  Professional
It's just like the real world. All anyone's doing is staring at your tits going ":iconlazeplz: eyyyyyyy sexy lady"
ContradictingCats Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012  Student Artist
LOL.
:iconanchoredwithadragon:
AnchoredWithADragon Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012  Student General Artist
I do! I'm just not online much...
:iconhurricaneclaw:
Hurricaneclaw Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Put yourself out there. Get noticed. Self advertise. There are millions of people on dA. Why should they comment on your stuff? You gotta show them why.
:iconrequiemachina:
Requiemachina Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012
Socialization and groups.

Genius.
:iconladydeven:
LadyDeven Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I have said it before and I will say it again! Groups! You got to whore that art out! There are even lovely groups like :iconcomments-plz: and :iconfeedbackrevolution: that if you give a little feed back, you get feed back as well.

Also in general giving out feed back to random people will garner you some in return.
:iconalphasunking:
Alphasunking Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
nah you just have to keep going if its something you really care about. If you keep moving forward you will just keep building on what you already have PLUS remember if you really want more people to look at your stuff just market yourself as much as you can.
:iconmoni158:
moni158 Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Student Filmographer
Just keep up the art and make sure you go out and comment/fav too, everyone starts small. You just need to reach out and find people who like the same things as you ;)
:iconrisesatspring:
risesatspring Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I write journals, and I rarely get a reply, kinda disconcerning, but not gonna worry about it.
:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
People don't like to seem critical. People are shy.
:icontheartistrodriguez:
TheArtistRodriguez Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Professional General Artist
Peopole are too concerned with themselves. This results in nobody seeing anything ever.
ContradictingCats Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Student Artist
:iconfacebooklikeplz:
:iconjericawinters:
JericaWinters Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012
I have almost 1400 watchers but I get around 150 favs per image and it slows down a lot after this (this means hundreds of fussy favers aren't faving my stuff). I'm still trying to figure out what my work is missing. When I ask for critiques I rarely get them so I ask questions in polls about decisions for images. People seems to love polls.
:iconincandescentinsanity:
IncandescentInsanity Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Student General Artist
Just because they watch you doesn't mean they have to favorite your work. Watchers tend to be inactive when it comes to comments I've noticed, though.
:iconengelsblau:
Engelsblau Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012
Well, I can't complain about the feedback I get, even if I have less watchers.

Maybe you should try to make your stuff more interesting. I, as an example try to make my journals fun to read and not going too much into detail because I could bore my watchers and I try to write about interesting topics or anecdotes. (If I'm not doing a meme of course).

Same with the art. Interesting where you put effort in it that people have something to say.
Of course there's no guarantee for things like that.

But I get the most feedback from people who watch me back, anyway.
:iconcrimsonmagpie:
CrimsonMagpie Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
We're in a recession, so many people cannot afford to pay attention.
:iconfrenetic-ride:
frenetic-ride Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I salute you for this comment :worship:
CrimsonMagpie Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
:salute:
That comment was amazing.
Just like me! :iconeweplz:
:icone3eplz:
:iconsocuteplz:
:iconnoodleboxtv:
NoodleboxTV Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Hobbyist Filmographer
I broke my record of 10 views from 7 years ago to now 75 views ujelly?
*claps*
:icon3wyl:
3wyl Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I have 2000+ watchers. Barely 20 are constantly active with the journals I post, or the deviations, etc. :shrug:

I figure you're lucky if you get 10% that are active, no matter how many watchers you have.
I guess so ;U

;u;
3wyl Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I guess I may just be unlucky. :shrug:
^ in your name probably means your an admin or mod if I'm right, so maybe that's why people watch you also ;u; (or at least the fact you appoint photography DDs)
3wyl Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I am a Community Volunteer, and I do feel that most people watch me for that, but they still do nothing. They don't fave any of my articles, or note me, or.. yeah, they just do nothing. =/
Oh! That's cool ;u;

And yeah, I would guess that's so.
I personally don't know much about photography so wouldn't really suggest a DD unless it really stands out ;u;
3wyl Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
That's understandable. :nod:

Doesn't hurt to try!
:iconrinermai:
Rinermai Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I'm more of the silent stalker type, I just never comment or favorite things ._.
I just look through the whole of someone's gallery and comment on their page if I want to say somthing....

Also since I have lots (4000+) of watchers I tend to get quite alot of comments, but then some days I wont get any... maybe one or two, and I think 'Does no one liek dis? ;U;'
I think we've all just got to work hard and make the most of what we do get...
Oh Rinny. I can do that too, sometimes just not fav-bombing it so the person's 200+ pictures don't show up faved in their message box the next day ;u;

I see how that would feel, but hey, maybe you posted at a really absurd time? XD
That reminds me... What's your favorite thing to do? c:
Rinermai Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Haha yeah L

And uhm... Draw? Idek ._.
Pfft... OTHER than drawing? ;u;
Rinermai Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Uhmuhm...

I have no life...

Can't think...

Music... I like to listen to music :L
Kay ;u;

You an I like the same things of what you've said :I
We should try becoming friends.

Zreya has told good things of you.

May I ask what your headphones look like? c:
Rinermai Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Yeah we should ^-^

C;

Uhm... I have some rasta ones, with yellow red and green on them, and a purple pair, you?
ContradictingCats Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Student Artist
That's cool bro ;u;

I've got these cool new owl ones ;u; (Mine break all the time, normally they're a plain black pair XD, Mine are always headphones, not earbuds, otherwise I can't keep em on XD)
:iconcorvalian:
Corvalian Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012
A lot of times people will watch you just because you watched them and they don't want to feel like a dick. :shrug: In such cases, they'll often sort of ignore what you post or alter their friend settings to not even see it at all. Other times people are just inactive and stumbled upon your account one day, only to never return to the site since. I'm sure there are even some who have made brand new accounts and moved on.

Critiques and feedback can be hard to get for anyone though unless your work is exceptional enough to get a ton of views. In such cases, critiques can't always be trusted anyway because people will write those just to get their username/avatar near the top of the page to feed off the deviation's popularity. Critiques are just kind of something you have to get lucky with I think, and hope somebody comes along who's nice enough to say something/help you improve as there is no real incentive for people to take the time to write them unless they enjoy it already.

There are, however, groups that can help you. If you haven't looked around at different groups already, I'd give it a try. There are ones specifically aimed at giving/receiving critiques. (Although I think there are usually some stipulations with these like you have to give a number of critiques yourself or your art has to already be good enough for them to allow it in the group.) There is one that is a pretty sure-fire bet to get you feedback though if you participate to some degree. It's the #GetWatchers group. They've got their own website thing that links to deviations here that people have submitted, and it'll pull up a random one for you to rate on a scale of 1-10. The more you do, the more your own deviations will show up for other people to rate. It's something I'll do from time to time when I'm board and just want to zone out/listen to music. It also gives you some idea (although not always specific) of the overall quality of whatever piece you submitted.
:iconspookyink:
SpookyInk Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012   Traditional Artist
There is an option to watch journals BTW.
I personally only watch people for.their art and that's it.
I don't care if they are an actual person with feelings. The art only matters to me.

I dunno, add life events to your artwork descriptions?
Yup ;u;
Also, that comment made me laugh, even considering it's completely serious. XD

That's a good idea actually o:
:iconcosmic-doodle:
Cosmic-doodle Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Huh? :shocked:
? ;n;
Add a Comment: