If You Were Going To Die

What would you want for food, drink. drugs if you bend that way, music, companionship, TV, etc, over a week or so before death. This can be realistic or idealized.
What would you want done with your body?
What would you want as a memorial?
What would you want done with your possessions (including dA account)?
And most importantly, what would you hope others would remember you for?

I would want to be eating homemade asada tacos with guacamole, onion, jalapeno and cheese in hard shells and some ham and tomato pizza from Joey's in Springfield, Oregon for dinner at least once each, with Jimmy John's, Schlotzky's or Charley's subs for lunch at least once each, Vernors ginger ale to drink regularly with Boone's Farm wine cocktails by night, some strong indica marijuana for drugs, The Doors, Jimi Hendrix, the Grateful Dead, Chaka Khan, War and Frank Zappa for music by day and nature sounds by night, a pretty and sweet Asian woman in her late teens to early thirties with very long hair as a companion, and no TV. This could all be accomplished easily other than the weed and finding the companion, let alone someone like that willing to be by the side of a dying mentally ill person.

I would want my body cremated and the ashes divided up into 35mm film cannisters to be distributed inside Scott & Sons Towing's permanent car collection in Eugene, Oregon, specifically around the brown 1978 Dodge Magnum there, the Davis Lake Lava Flow near Crescent Lake, Oregon, the car hoarder property near Yoncalla, Oregon that I photographed in October, and the outskirts of Taos, New Mexico to say that Chris Garza finally made his journey to Taos.

I would want all of my possessions destroyed other than my music library and financial assets being donated to KRVM 91.9 FM (public radio in Eugene, Oregon) and my dA account set so that all deviations would be in storage and my devID area stating that I was dead.

No funeral, no obituary, no gathering of any kind. Period.

And I would want to be remembered for my photography and being supportive of my friends on dA, there is nothing noteworthy to remember about me IRL.

How about everyone else?
Comments29
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Open my bottle fairy :iconlink-plz:
Shit I was just going to wait till a tanker stops at a gas station, take a power drill to it and light a match.

International news.
I have two answers, depending on what age I'd die. If I were younger, or my kids were grown up, I'd eat nothing but lasagne and chocolate and taco and pizza. (Yes, fat girl, shocker.) If it was right now, something the entire family would love, but at least one lasagna. My body, idk, donate whatever organs can be used for either science or organ donation and burn the rest, or kids and hubs decide. My memorial..I don't care really. If they played a few songs I liked, It'd be nice. Für Elise, and Bach Cello pieces. Whatever would console the ones left behind. My possessions, left to my loved one, hubs could delete them all, I guess. As long as people knew me to be dead. I would like my kids to remember me lovingly. My hubs too. My friends too. In the eyes of the world, I'm no one, so I don't think I'd be remembered. But I would end it myself. My life my body, I choose the ending. I might try drugs if I didn't have kids just to find out what the feeling is, but.. Idk. I'd probably kill myself, while listening to Harry Potter. Falling asleep, while in Hogwarts. Fine way to go. Rather than disease.
VERY good answers. Well-thought-out.
I've thought a bout it for a while. (Some upsides to occasional suicidal thoughts, eh.)
Same here.

I'm predicting that I'll end up dead of cancer at some point due to my heavy drinking/smoking/medication use and dislike of healthy living, I will convert to Mormon or anti-west Islam before I irradiate myself or submit myself to the preachings, lies and money-making routines of the US medical industry, and honestly if I end up dead in my late thirties to early fifties, I won't really have too many regrets.
why would you convert though? Seems like such a hassle.
Saying that just as I would never convert to a fundamentalist cult like Mormonism or radical Islam, I would never irradiate myself or bow down to the medical business as a cash cow.
Fascinating answers!!
Er.... um.... I don't really know- I think about death as an instant release. I never really think about it as a something that can be planned.
I suppose I have my head to thank for that :S
Do you understand what I mean?? I can't explain things clearly :S
I died reading this thread.
I recently broached this subject in a poll on my own page, so these answers are fresh in my mind.

What would you want for food, drink... I'd have a quiet gathering with loved ones, both family and friends, we'd BBQ the best steaks we could get our hands on and marinade them in Southern Comfort Black Label (trust me on this one). I'd make this my wake, after all what's the point of people saying all the good stuff after you can't hear it anymore? Afterwards I'd say my goodbye's to the people I love, and say see you later to the people that showed up that I don't. Then I'd find a quiet place and meet death on my own terms.

What would you want done with your body? Cremation, I don't believe in using cemeteries. My loved ones can have their pendants containing some of my ashes, but the remainder of my ashes are to be spread from Delicate Arch. [link]

What would you want as a memorial? My will outlines a short service of music and poetry with space for a eulogy.

What would you want done with your possessions (including dA account)? All my artwork goes to my son, to be kept in the family for the remainder of his life. The rest of my possessions may be disposed of by my executor and wife as they see fit, though all my computers are to wiped and the HDD's drilled. Never thought about the dA account. I guess keep it active for a year with a notice that I was dead, with all purchase proceeds going to my son.

And most importantly, what would you hope others would remember you for? Being me...
Dude, you would be spending all your time in the bathroom with that menu or your last meals.
I'd love a good serving of Kobe ribeye with a nice pot of creamy mashed potatoes, with fine red wine. :drool:

I want to be cremated, and my ashes scattered around the ocean, so that I can be fish food. I want my possessions to be given away to people who would treasure them like I do. I hope to spend most of my money on a world cruise or something - I work hard for them, and I don't really care about leaving anything behind... as far as I am concerned, I hope my future kids would be resourceful and have their own money to not hope for inheritance. :stare:

I want to be remembered as a funny, candid person who speaks her mind and laughs all the time about the silliest things. :B
Future kids? You only have a week to live. Kind of late for that now, unless you are talking about goats.
No. Read the scenario properly. :lol:
Well, for me. I dont care about food, so i wouldnt even eat anything. Just give me a tab of acid and some pure ecstasy. Let me escape my reality and find sanctuary, with a overwhelming feeling of happiness. Dispose of my body however you want, for me soul is no longer in it, and therefor the body is not me, just a shell of what used to be. Do what you will with my possessions, for i am not a materialistic person. I am absent from the world and they no longer mean anything to me. And at the very least i would hope that i was remembered as a man who loved and cared for everyone.
Oh i would add that i would love to listen to music as i die. Something peaceful and harmonious, like a beautiful orchestral piece or something like that.
Coincidentally enough, I'm currently studying poems on death. :O

I.. wouldn't want to die in the first place? Does that count? :la:
Quite odd there.

And fair enough.
Ah, we're doing the whole birth to death cycle.

I think it'd be interesting if we didn't die. :B