Shop More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
November 28, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 209

Is it really that bad for a chick to not shave her legs/whatever for a while?

:iconluminousbrink:
luminousBrink Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
It's getting cold. No one's going to see my legs. I don't date. I don't model or anything. I'm a high schooler. I hate shaving my legs and it takes forever to do so (for me). But, now hearing around school, some people apparently are disgusted at any form of hair on a girls legs. Now, I wanted to ask here on deviantart, from the perspective of males and females, is it bad for a girl to not shave her legs in a while (like a month or so) because it's cold and no one's going to see her legs? Or, any other..parts for that matter.

I'm asking this because I unfortunately become self-conscious and now I feel like I might be judged by society for not shaving my legs almost every days like some girls do (nothing wrong with that of course). Can someone give me some sweet advice please.

Sorry for the ridiculousness of this topic.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconforeverhisweirdo:
ForeverHisWeirdo Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
The only thing that matters is whether or not you think they should be. DO you feel like shaving them? If not then don't shave them. Even if other people did see them it's none of their business if you shave your legs or not. It's a personal choice and nothing more.
:iconrif777:
RIF777 Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Sista o mine, you just need to not care what people will think of you.
You where pants every single day.
:iconlady-xythis:
Lady-Xythis Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012
If no one sees your legs, who gives a shit? It's winter, I'm wearing pants and only shaving when I'm going to see my boyfriend.
:iconhatterfox:
hatterfox Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
It's nobody's business what another person chooses to do with their body. Fuck society's standards on 'beauty'.
:iconoperia:
Operia Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I couldn't care less what people think of me, so I'm probably not the best person to ask about issues such as these :lol:

Anyway, I wouldn't be too worried if I were you. I only shave once a month, generally :shrug:
:iconbabushka-nipples:
Babushka-Nipples Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012
Who cares if you shave or not
:icondefor:
DeFor Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Student
I don't ever shave my legs or armpits. I'm always surprised when people find that gross. Not shaving is pretty normal here, especially at school. But so is looking like you've been camping for the last three months.
:iconadder-snakebite:
Adder-SnakeBite Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Honestly, I don't bother shaving my legs either. I wear full length jeans all the time anyway so the only person who's gonna see them is me.
:iconnightshade255:
Nightshade255 Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
So wait...

Its cold... and no one will see it.... and youre not dating..... and youre self concious?
This bizz be wack yo :iconhuehuehueplz:
:iconemerald-depths:
Emerald-Depths Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Those people are just idiots. :lol: I wouldn't give a crap about what they think. It's just hair. I'm 23, almost 24, and I don't shave in the winter. I wear pants all winter long, so no one's going to see. It's a waste of time. Besides, it helps you stay a tad warmer. :giggle:
Add a Comment: