Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
November 28, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 209

Is it really that bad for a chick to not shave her legs/whatever for a while?

:iconluminousbrink:
luminousBrink Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
It's getting cold. No one's going to see my legs. I don't date. I don't model or anything. I'm a high schooler. I hate shaving my legs and it takes forever to do so (for me). But, now hearing around school, some people apparently are disgusted at any form of hair on a girls legs. Now, I wanted to ask here on deviantart, from the perspective of males and females, is it bad for a girl to not shave her legs in a while (like a month or so) because it's cold and no one's going to see her legs? Or, any other..parts for that matter.

I'm asking this because I unfortunately become self-conscious and now I feel like I might be judged by society for not shaving my legs almost every days like some girls do (nothing wrong with that of course). Can someone give me some sweet advice please.

Sorry for the ridiculousness of this topic.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconforeverhisweirdo:
ForeverHisWeirdo Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
The only thing that matters is whether or not you think they should be. DO you feel like shaving them? If not then don't shave them. Even if other people did see them it's none of their business if you shave your legs or not. It's a personal choice and nothing more.
:iconrif777:
RIF777 Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Sista o mine, you just need to not care what people will think of you.
You where pants every single day.
:iconlady-xythis:
Lady-Xythis Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012
If no one sees your legs, who gives a shit? It's winter, I'm wearing pants and only shaving when I'm going to see my boyfriend.
:iconhatterfox:
hatterfox Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
It's nobody's business what another person chooses to do with their body. Fuck society's standards on 'beauty'.
:iconoperia:
Operia Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I couldn't care less what people think of me, so I'm probably not the best person to ask about issues such as these :lol:

Anyway, I wouldn't be too worried if I were you. I only shave once a month, generally :shrug:
:iconbabushka-nipples:
Babushka-Nipples Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012
Who cares if you shave or not
:icondefor:
DeFor Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Student
I don't ever shave my legs or armpits. I'm always surprised when people find that gross. Not shaving is pretty normal here, especially at school. But so is looking like you've been camping for the last three months.
:iconadder-snakebite:
Adder-SnakeBite Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Honestly, I don't bother shaving my legs either. I wear full length jeans all the time anyway so the only person who's gonna see them is me.
:iconnightshade255:
Nightshade255 Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
So wait...

Its cold... and no one will see it.... and youre not dating..... and youre self concious?
This bizz be wack yo :iconhuehuehueplz:
:iconemerald-depths:
Emerald-Depths Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Those people are just idiots. :lol: I wouldn't give a crap about what they think. It's just hair. I'm 23, almost 24, and I don't shave in the winter. I wear pants all winter long, so no one's going to see. It's a waste of time. Besides, it helps you stay a tad warmer. :giggle:
:iconspaniardwithknives:
SpaniardWithKnives Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I hate the shaving business too, is just annoying. I keep them shaved and nice, mostly because you never know if you can end one day in the hospital and... surprise!: :iconchewbaccaplz:.

In my case, it is just not a problem because I am not too hairy, just annoying, and i have the tendency to forget things like this, but if you need a scythe to remove your hair, that is another matter, :).

If you do not feel like, do not do it, if somebody does not like it, well is their business, but I understand your concerns. Going to a winter pool and.. voila!, the other girls are already looking at your legs and giggling. Highschool...

I am just too picky with this, hair just bother me, I do not do it for social pressure. Even my head hair is trimmed. Hair just bothers me, and the bastards grew up fast
:iconrizhnir:
Rizhnir Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012
I shaved one leg once (someone made me do it). Took 1.5 hours to get it all shaven. I believe it was the first time that leg had seen any sunlight. I'm a Latin male so that's normal, though.

But yes, I'd personally like it more if girls kept it trim. Then again, I now know the struggle it requires to get that silky smooth feeling. So unless you are trying to impress someone, it's up to you ladies.
:iconsapphire-ashesx:
Sapphire-Ashesx Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012
It's fine, nobody's going to see them. It's only necessary when you want to show off.
:iconscribblebees:
ScribbleBees Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
When it gets colder out, I couldn't care less. I shave it when I feel like. Anyways, not constantly hacking away at it keeps my razor sharper longer so I don't have to change it out as much.
:icontrancesodama:
Trancesodama Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Well I'm not that grossed out by it.
:icon0rg:
0rg Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012
I read this thread and suddenly imagined shaving the corneas off my eyeballs with a rusty razor.

Ugh, fuck you!
luminousBrink Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
:iconkonataplz:

I like your panty icon, by the way
:iconsoluble-hermit:
soluble-hermit Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
You could probably go the whole winter without shaving. Whatever makes you comfortable. If you care that people get grossed out, well, you said they're not going to see so . . . they probably won't even know, right?
yeah, probably,..Thanks :)
:iconsoluble-hermit:
soluble-hermit Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
No problem.
:iconfreakykeen:
FreakyKeen Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I haven't shaved my legs for over 10 years, and I still wear skirts and stuff. Most people don't even notice and only two people have ever had a problem with it. Surprisingly both of them were woman.
you must have light/thin hairs then right? :)
:iconfreakykeen:
FreakyKeen Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Yep.
:iconsimplylemie:
SimplyLemie Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012
I'm too lazy to shave my legs every week or even every month. In the summer I make sure they're not hairy if I'm wearing leg-showing clothing. In the winter... meh, it doesn't matter that much. It depends on how I feel.

Though my leg hair isn't that bothering even if I've got dark hair and it should show quite much. I even got a compliment by my boyfriend on how my legs were always "shaved and soft" somewhere in the beginning of our dating. Since we met at Halloween which isn't exactly in the summer, I hadn't shaved my legs for some while. And no - he wasn't ironic.

Anyway, the important thing is: you shouldn't care what others say about shaving. If you were to decide that you never want to shave your legs again, don't do it. If you don't feel like shaving it just for the winter, don't do it. What does it matter to people around you if your legs are hairy?
Aww,,thank you :heart:
:iconneiot:
Neiot Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
In my humble opinion, shaving your legs is only necessary when you want to show them off. I don't want to show them off and I doubt you want to, so that means it's okay not to shave your legs. The last time I shaved mine was... I don't know... six months ago? Besides, I can't shave them anyways; I break out in a nasty rash every single time, and I'm quite sure that's worse than hair.
yeah, rashes are probably worse than some leg hair :) Thanks, :nod:
:iconbullet-magnet:
Bullet-Magnet Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012
You play a dangerous game. Too much hair on a woman can have terrible consequences. If you are not shaving your legs, you have no choice but to shave your head.
society us too unbearable, wink wink
Bullet-Magnet Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012
Personally, I can deal with it. But the rest of them, out there? They're the sick ones. Not I. Um.
Sure. Let's go w/that.

kidding..lol
We are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.

It's dangerous to go alone. Take this [link]
I don't like pressing on mysterious links, so tell me what I need to take
You need to click the link. It is utterly awesome and not safe for adults.
luminousBrink Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
maybe later :)
(1 Reply)
:iconsiantjudas:
siantjudas Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012   Digital Artist
I always told the girls I dated I really could care less if they shaved their legs understanding how annoying that shit really is, having to do that every year for swim finals.
that's understanding of you then. :) very nice guy. :nod:
:iconkiryuin-satsuki:
Kiryuin-Satsuki Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012
couldn't care less.
Could care less means you could care 100%

God I'm a nazi
:iconsiantjudas:
siantjudas Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012   Digital Artist
Lol, or any percent above 0, technically. :D
:iconkiryuin-satsuki:
Kiryuin-Satsuki Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012
SO it doesnt mean anything!

xx
:iconxxevilblondiexx:
xxEvilBlondiexx Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I wouldn't worry about it. I only shave my legs if I'm planning on wearing a skirt or something. And I know a certain girl-who-will-not be-named who never shaves even her armpits any time of the year and isn't bothered in the least about what anyone thinks of it.
:lmao:...Thanks
:iconcontradictingcats:
ContradictingCats Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012  Student Artist
I personally never shave above the knee, as no one would see that ;u; (I never wear shorts shorter than my knee anyways)

In months when long pants are worn more often, I don't shave that often (Mostly because of laziness)
That's my input :D
thank you, kind ma'am
:iconsoulofthenorth:
SouloftheNorth Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
I only shave the part of my legs people will see. So everything below my knee (because I have to wear shorts in PE). Everything above that? Well no one's going to see it so I don't care.
i guess you have a point :nod: Thank you!
:iconsorabulgar:
SoraBulgar Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Student Writer
Don't shave in the winter, what a waste Dx
It's a waste of time and its bad for your skin.
Others don't matter if they're not going to see it anyway.
thank you :nod: except i just shaved recently (from aggravation), but yeah, I guess in the winter the skin is drier?
:iconsorabulgar:
SoraBulgar Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Student Writer
Dunno, it's just always bad for your skin to shave a lot.
I guess too much exfoliation
Add a Comment: