Winter's creepy powers on human mind...... what is winter doing to your mind?

Here in Canada winters are long and cold, and this has a clear effect on human mind. During winter the number of suicides increase :dead:

There is a name for the evils caused by winter on the mind, is it called "SAD" short for Seasonal Affective Disorder :nod:

However, I believe winter affects people in different ways. In my case, I don't feel sad, winter makes me lazy :( yes, It gives me art block. I over sleep :aww: I feel like hibernating.

Another clear symptom on me, is that my sexual desires just disappear :omg: I don't feel like mating anymore :eyes: I am not in the mood :slow:

What about you? what is winter doing to your mind? :meditate:
Comments388
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I'm writing better and more.
That is good, winter perhaps is mild for you :aww:
The wonders of Winter :D

And I hope so! I like Winter. :meow:
It froze my mind I can't even think as much as I did before.If I did it before.
tired sick and lonely. very lonely :(
Winter always makes me feel fairly low and unfocused, as well as very tired. Very annoying to say the least.
It's freezing my brain
:ohnoes: but brain freeze is kind of fun :eyes:
It's 7C/45F and rainy right now where I live...in Canada. This is shorts-wearing weather, actually. :)

'SAD' in theory should affect me year round; I rarely go outside during daylight hours, but as I'm super sensitive to ultraviolet light, my vitamin D levels don't drop. Nor do I get affected by cabin fever - I love solitude as it's great creative time. Winter seems to make me more active than the peak of summer - I feel restless in cold temperatures and super sluggish in hot.

I'm actually looking to gain a dozen pounds this winter, too. Been eating a ton more food (w/ extra helpings of creams, butters, fats) and still stuck at 126lbs. I need that extra weight to keep my stamina going through the day as my metabolism is just wonky. :(
I guess you live in BC, or somewhere near the east coast. Because the prairies and the north have been frozen for a few weeks now :bucktooth:
Yes, I do live elsewhere. I used to live in the prairies. All that snow, and wind...I do not regret moving. Not one bit.

Stay warm. :hug:
I would move, but they say there are no jobs in warm canada :ohnoes:
Alas, I can't tell you how the job market is here since I haven't worked in a decade. (Uh, but for health reasons - don't let my lack of employment put you off!)
but no job, no money :cries:
Catch 22 situation, hmm. You can always push more for commissions and other creative online projects. Your gallery certainly shows you're on the right track. :)
View all replies
It is turning me into a snowman. True story.
it must be frost bite :fear:
I'm a were-snowman? :noes:
yes, you are :fear: if you bite other people they will turn into snowmen or snowwomen :eyes:
And then, they will turn into the French. :noes:
Then you can fry them and feed :iconcreepylaaplz:
Fried.. French? :fear:
View all replies
Winter... freezes my mind. Infact, for about a quarter of the year I can't think (well, whole the year) :)
And It mAKES Me want to sleep... zzz