What is your target in life?

What do you live and survive for?

A man should have a target in life, something that helps him to stand.
When he falls he thinks that he MUST go on, stand up for reaching his dreams.
And dreams are always a little more high than us so we can make our wings for fly high and reach them. So we'll can say:
"I've fought for my dreams"
Comments145
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
My targets/goals:
-Stay alive in case scientists discover immortality, then get it.
-To work for DC Comics
-Stay alive in the hopes that I'll find the love of my life and the feelings I have for her would be mutual.
-Stay alive in the event that if my life goes downhill, live as a hobo with a college level intelligence, get discovered by an agent, do what he says until I'm famous enough to drop him, then die famous.
-Oh and to see the Justice League movie
Very high targets, monsieur. Good luck for your future, long, romantic, successful, famous and intelligent life :D
Many thanks! I wish you the same madame!
I'm not a man, so I guess I'm just gonna make a goal of getting up and making hot cocoa here soon.
Ah, you're too smart!
...to stay alive as long as I can (?)
Until now I've never been able to carry out my plans, so planning is useless. I can't predict what the future might bring...
My target in life right now is my family, my parents in particular.

Both of them are slightly disabled and need daily assistance; paying a nurse to come to their home's way too expensive and neither of them are quite disabled enough to go into homes at this time. So my siblings and I sat down and decided that, since I was the only one who didn't yet have a family or own my own home yet, that I'd be the best one to move back home and look after them for a while.

Personally I don't mind; it doesn't set my life back any and I'm still accomplishing everything I've wanted to do. :)
I'm proud there are people like you. I think that children are more disobbedient to the parents, they don't respect them. Saying this, it seems I'm old but I'm very young, a teenager but I don't agree with the behaviour of them.
Usually, when parents become old and need help, children turn their head and let them into houses.
They never think about how mum and dad took care about us, growing up us, staying awake in the nights just bacause WE couldn't sleep.
If they took care like that when we were vulnerable, weak and innocent,
Can't we give in return a little love when they need us?

I think there should be more people like you in this world, If not... I don't try to dare how the world is going on. :bow:
Wow, thank u very much.
:blush:

That's why I did it and continue to do so; they gave me life and looked after me all those years and, although I could never pay them back for giving me the miracle of life, I can do my best to help them now that they are the ones in need.
It's the least I can do, I believe, an I don't mind at all.
:heart:

And yes, I've noticed that also.
It makes me sad and angry when children disrespect their parents like that; they gave us LIFE for crying-out-loud, they deserve better treatment then to be ignored or forgotten in their times of need!
Some situations can't be helped, I realize that, but otherwise our elders and our parents especially need to be respected and taken care of by those of us who make up the following generations.
So I believe, anyway.

I do wish there were more of us in the world that saw things this way.
Hope is the last which dies, but I wish it'll die very late because we need it too much
I wish life will give you all you need and deserve.

You know, in my religion we say that under mother's feet there is Heaven:
If she prays for you she gives you a place in Paradise. And I'm sure you have got your place there already.
Your parents, I'm sure, love you and are thankful to have a daughter like you. :heart:
I have three types of goals:

Daily: Clean my room, pick up laundry, dishes, homework, etc

Minor: Get good semester grades, do well at my job every day, try to work on art at least an hour a day, etc

Major: Graduate college, land a great career, get married and have a good life without as many worries.

But seriously, if you try to break up goals like that, it makes them more easily manageable and achievable. :D
I'm not overly motivated, so aside from my long-term art goal of publishing a comic book I really don't have any major aspirations :shrug:

I plan short-term, such as;
a) Get Restricted license
b) Finish all outstanding artworks from to-do list
c) Clean bedroom
d) Get Pringles to satisfy cravings
Hard to say... probably become a great artist and...try to get at least one book published (if I can).
honestly...simply 2 things: 1) to enjoy every moment with the people I love- my fiance, family and friends and 2) to for all my aspirations and goals I'm working towards...

...and of course, for all the awesome food!! (^^,) hehehehehehehe
Comment Flagged as Spam
Did I do something wrong?
Wasn't responding to you. :roll:
-.-' well, one more epic fail of mine among million others.
So... did you reach it?
I yes...hmm...How old are you?
If I stay alive for the next 40 years I will have a good shot at it.
Same here. Have you read any of Ray Kurzweil's works?
I still haven't come around to read his books! But I am transhumanist, and I believe the next three, four, five decades will change humans and humanity completely.